Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't control that (It's a Greg thing, maybe also a Darren / Sky thing) but I'd recommend doing a search for "Kiefer", "Bauer", or "Sutherland" if you want the 24 thread.

Madeleine

Comment

Oh wise and wonderful mods, i'm in need of your assistance in the Adrift thread. I'm trying to spell out the name of a country, but the computer thinks i'm being racist. I don't want people to think i'm being naughty, could you help please and thankyou

Comment

lemme guess
        n i g e r i a

If it is a legitimate name of a country, try putting in spaces and that should allow you to post
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Close! N i g e r hehehe i'll try that. Thank you"

Comment

With the huge outcry over the new casting changes, any chance we can have an Anti-Season 5 SGA thread now?

*pretty please*???

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

if, IF, IF there is an anti s5 thread or a 'i hate' thread the mods will start it, so that we can lay down the rules

sigpic

Comment

The subject of an anti season 5 thread is currently being discussed amongst the mods. When we reach a decision we'll post it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

How about a poll in the SGA Season 5 section? Something similar to this:

Who would YOU put in charge of Atlantis:

Richard Woolsey

Col. Caldwell

Daniel Jackson

Elizabeth Weir (never should have left)

Other

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    if, IF, IF there is an anti s5 thread or a 'i hate' thread the mods will start it, so that we can lay down the rules
                    Please no Anti or Pro threads for Season 5! If people are going to stop watching why would they even post in the S5 section? I hate Ghost Hunters and don't watch that show, why would I post in that forum?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte
                      I sure know how to pick the shows I like . Why isn't there an Andromeda section ?
                      andromeda is basically a dead show. the odds of it getting its own section is slim to none

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Please no Anti or Pro threads for Season 5! If people are going to stop watching why would they even post in the S5 section? I hate Ghost Hunters and don't watch that show, why would I post in that forum?
                      because, brian, sometimes all people want is a 'safe haven' to squee or rant to their hearts content.

the fun of being in a group dynamic, trying to understand and accomodate as many members of the group as possible, even the ones you don't agree with.

You are also making the presumption that any that don't like stuff never watched the show or don't watch it. many do watch and mourn what they've lost.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        andromeda is basically a dead show. the odds of it getting its own section is slim to none

because, brian, sometimes all people want is a 'safe haven' to squee or rant to their hearts content.

the fun of being in a group dynamic, trying to understand and accomodate as many members of the group as possible, even the ones you don't agree with.

You are also making the presumption that any that don't like stuff never watched the show or don't watch it. many do watch and mourn what they've lost.
                        Well I think pro and anti character threads would be fine. I just feel that both general Anti and Pro have gotten very hostile. Not saying I am an angel, I've been pushed and have pushed back, hard, lol. Plus I feel members on both sides are being attacks directly and indirectly.

As per the character threads, a perfect example,

I post a lot on the Pro Weir thread, people can support Weir and be upset about the season, but not everone is upset at the season or the show like me. We just have a similar desire....... more Weir! People who hate Weir have the Anti Weir thread.
                        sigpic

Comment

that's just it....people 'push' you and you push back

WHY?

Why is there this need to push back? So people don't like the changes. they're supposed to shut up and go away???? Or just keep thier mouths shut and never say a 'wrong' word...course, 'wrong' really means 'disagrees with me'

I'm not picking on you brian, and i'm not going to debate this, but 'intolerance towards those that don't like the show' is not the mark of a 'better' fan... people like it, people don't. fact of life. Nothing exists that everyone loves.

If people would stop 'pushing' or 'pushing back' this forum as a whole would be a heck of a lot nicer.

If people get enjoyent from coming together over thier misery, let them have it. It's no better than those that get their enjoyment coming together over thier joy.

People need to lose thier 'i'm a better kind of fan than you' attitude.

If we choose to make dedicated pro/anti threads for season five, we will make them and people will get over it and accept it.

sigpic

Comment

and back to questions of hte mods please.

sigpic

Comment

Hey ya'll, this is not a discussion/debate thread.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                So where would one reply, besides PMs, to Skydiver's post above about the anti/I hate threads?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X