This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    This is probably a Darren question, but maybe someone else knows.

I've noticed that there's no episode transcript for "The Eye" and a few other Atlantis episodes (I haven't looked at SG-1). Why is that? Can anyone write one up? If so, who are they submitted to?
    Yup this is a Darren question
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi

I love the Fan Reviews idea that's been added to the Season threads for SG1 S10 and SGA S3. I fully plan on adding a review when I finally get to see the new series myself (live in the UK so won't get them until the Autumn), my question is this:

Are there any plans to add the Fan Reviews section to the older Seasons?

I know some people are only seeing S9 for the first time in places (Oz I think), new fans get caught up on repeats, vids or DVDs and even old fans like me rewatch epis all the time. I'm sure there is a sub-section including myself, especially those who live outside of the US and don't have access to the new seasons yet, who would love to post Fan Reviews for all epis of all Seasons.

I know the epi threads are still around but there's something more attractive (esp if you've got delusions of being a writer like many of us) of having a formal place to put a 'proper' review.

Will happily await your answer.
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
        Are there any plans to add the Fan Reviews section to the older Seasons?
        At this point, our plans are to only make them available for new episodes, but depending on how people respond to them, who knows what the future may hold.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i was told in the ask members thread that there is no adria avatar is there plans to add one soon ??

Comment

Originally posted by Adria
            i was told in the ask members thread that there is no adria avatar is there plans to add one soon ??
            that is for david to decide. he's the Avatar King

and i'm sure the reason we dont' have one is more a lack of time than willingness.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A question for any mod who feels comfortable to answer regarding my thread with information for my blanket auction. Would I be flagged for mentioning it is some of the threads that I frequent so that I can start getting bids? As it is now I don't think people are taking it seriously and I think if I mention in my frequented threads where people know me then that will really help my cause. Someone let me know something, please.

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

How solid is that 1000 word limit on the fan reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by veryangrystargatefan
                  A question for any mod who feels comfortable to answer regarding my thread with information for my blanket auction. Would I be flagged for mentioning it is some of the threads that I frequent so that I can start getting bids? As it is now I don't think people are taking it seriously and I think if I mention in my frequented threads where people know me then that will really help my cause. Someone let me know something, please.

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)
                  I think that would defeat the purpose of what Darren was trying to avoid in *Advertising personal items on GW*...However, you have a picture there in your signature... might I suggest you put a picture of your item with a link to the thread there so you can post normally and yet people can see you are having an auction at teh same time
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    How solid is that 1000 word limit on the fan reviews?
                    Extremely solid...watertight... dense

However, if the review is so good it cuts like a laser (RE;Real Genius) thru everything..it might pass even it it is a few words over the limit

An excellent, balanced, thoughtful review is going to be asked for revisions before it would be turned away

Comment

The rule of editorials is to write tight. If a writer is at 1,006 words and can't find six to cut after multiple editing passes, you're probably good to go ... unless it's because s/he refuses to cut ramblings because of the "Everything I say is golden" factor.

If an editor can find six words to cut, s/he probably will cut those and more. Or send it back for revisions.

So slight overages are allowed if you're writing tightly and if the review needed to be that long. 1,800-word musings won't be published.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Re: Fan Reviews for older seasons

We're testing the waters with a new and rather unorthodox feature. We'll definitely consider expanding it if it is a big hit, but probably not all at once. The next step would probably be Seasons Nine (SG-1) and Two (ATL), since they are recent, still airing in many countries for the first time, and entering syndication this fall.

Comment

We have an Atlantis transcript author who is working on Season One catch-ups, so I imagine anything that is missing will be filled in soon. (Our greater need right now is high-quality transcripts from the earlier seasons of SG-1.)

Comment

How come there haven't been any Atlantis reviews posted yet? Not enough material or what?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              How come there haven't been any Atlantis reviews posted yet? Not enough material or what?
                              Episode review submissions are currently being evaluated by GateWorld staff. They will be released as they are approved.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Can I get this turned in to a poll?
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31514

Comment

Working...
                                X