This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    ok so i got a question so if i want to let a mod know about merge/rename/move threads.

members should use the report post option. for all listed above?

i just want to clarify
    Yup that way we all get a notice instead of having to come over and check every few to see if someone posted a request such as that in here It makes it easier for all of us AND it insures that we see it.

Also it helps to Unclutter this thread so it has just questions about issues within the forum that a memeber needs help with or an answer to rather than a list of posts that are just housecleaning requests and our subsequesnt responses that they have been completed
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Due to it being .........................
      GATEGIPSY'S BIRTHDAY
      insert evil grin

we may be a little slow on the answers today
      The Mod room

*Snicker*
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi,
        Sorry to bug you, but I'd like to request a thread name change:
        Thread #5084256, "Daniel/Vala ship analysis and discussion (Pro/Con) (Spoiler alert for recent eps)"

Could you please remove "analysis and"? Leaving, "Daniel/Vala ship discussion (Pro/Con) (Spoiler alert for recent eps)"

In retrospect, it appears that the "analysis" part might be a little intimidating to readers.

Thanks

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
          question

if i put someone in my buddy list does the user know that there are on it do there get a message or anything or is it kept secret
          Nope...its your little secret but you can send out de-coder rings if you want

Comment

Can a mod please create a poll for the following thread?
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26617

Everything you need is there already.
            sigpic

Comment

Hello Mods...

I have made a thread in the 'Science and Tech' subforum, that has been designed to act as a supplement to the search feature for new posters, that may not be familiar or 'savvy' with the Search Function in the Gateworld Forum. It is an ABC order Concordance, of various threads in the S&F subforum. It is designed to act as a quick search feature of threads already created, thus (hopefully) eliminating more repeat threads on topics already discussed. It would then allow for the revival of older threads, rather than having people begin new threads on the same topic.

There are a few other regulars in the 'S&T' subforum that support this thread, and at least one has agreed to help maintain it. It is our hope that it could also be a tool for the Moderators to use as a quick search feature for the older and more popular threads, to help them find the appropriate older threads to merge newer ones with. Here is a link here. Have a look, and if you like what you see, then please consider 'tacking' it at the top, so it will be easier for the newcomers to find and use.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Thanks again for your consideration.

Seastallion
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

we'll see what darren has to say about it. although good luck getting folks to read it. That's usually the issue, not that the info's out there, but that folks can't/won't take the time to read what's there
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes the name of the person who is reporting the post does show up

Comment

Maybe the Handy Forum Tutorials thread could be moved and stickied in the general Stargate folder. At least the newbies might( ) read it then.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                      Maybe the Handy Forum Tutorials thread could be moved and stickied in the general Stargate folder. At least the newbies might( ) read it then.
                      I'm not sure what thread you're talking about? Do you have a link? Though Darren makes the final determination, at this point I would say the links to GateWorld Rules and FAQs are quite accessible, and if people don't read them, I doubt they'd read a tutorial thread.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                        I'm not sure what thread you're talking about? Do you have a link? Though Darren makes the final determination, at this point I would say the links to GateWorld Rules and FAQs are quite accessible, and if people don't read them, I doubt they'd read a tutorial thread.
                        This one.

You would have thought that the FAQ and Rules would be easy to find seeing as they're available on every page, but, hey, they're kinda tiny in the corner and the other threads are so pretty.

Comment

Question:

Spoiler:
                          I'm planning on creating a thread in the General Discussion thread, dedicated to what others say in other languages (Like what Zelenka says in an SGA ep or what the Russians said in Camelot). Instead of having a bunch of threads discussing this topic (like all the merged threads in the Camelot Discussion thread), this thread would be a centralized discussion thread.

Now to the question:
                          Would this be an okay title for the thread (I'm refering to the work Hell)?
                          "What the hell did they say!? (SPOILERS-All Stargate Episodes)"

And now a second question:
                          has anyone else started a thread similar to this?
                          sigpic

Comment

well, Hell is not blocked by the language filter, although i would think 'what the heck did they say' would work just as well

and other than the zelenka translation thread, i don't think there is another along that vein

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              well, Hell is not blocked by the language filter, although i would think 'what the heck did they say' would work just as well

and other than the zelenka translation thread, i don't think there is another along that vein
                              So your saying no one has created a similar thread, and my thread would be one of a kind (or something).
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                So your saying no one has created a similar thread, and my thread would be one of a kind (or something).
                                as far as i know, the only other foreign language thread is zelenka's

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X