This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    I know you can get RSS feeds from blogs. Whenever Rainbow updates I get a message in my email RSS display...box...thing.
    Does that work for web based e-mail accounts, hotmail etc?
    Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
      A couple of threads I have started in the last week or so have been re-titled, I posted one thread called "Just how many?" in the SGA season II section and another thread in General SG Discussion titled "Ronan on Earth". They were both retitled with Spoiler tags, I hate spoilers and never read them. I started these threads for people to give there theories. When they get a spoiler tag a lot of people will not read them (I know I don't read anything with spoilers, and I ask anyone that has to not just theorize and not tell what any spoilers might be).

It's not that big of a deal, but my question is who is doing this and why?. Personally I would like them retitled to what they were originally.

Thank you
      this is being done because you're discussing spoiler aspects of an episode. you're discussing a specific part of an episode that is covered by the spoiler rules.

for example, stargate from the later half of s8 on to speculation of s10 are spoilers, atlantis from the latter half of s1 and onto s3 speculation are spoilers

I would suggest if you're starting a thread to discuss a specific aspect of a recently aired show, you list that episode's name in the title with 'spoilers for_____' in it.

it's common courtesy to others that are avoiding spoilers
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        this is being done because you're discussing spoiler aspects of an episode. you're discussing a specific part of an episode that is covered by the spoiler rules.

for example, stargate from the later half of s8 on to speculation of s10 are spoilers, atlantis from the latter half of s1 and onto s3 speculation are spoilers

I would suggest if you're starting a thread to discuss a specific aspect of a recently aired show, you list that episode's name in the title with 'spoilers for_____' in it.

it's common courtesy to others that are avoiding spoilers
        i'll also add to this that you may want to consider the clarity of your thread title. 'just how many' doesn't tell me beans about what you're discussing in the thread. And, as such, I as the random reader will jsut give it a pass unless i'm really bored with time to kill

Something like 'OMG, she's dead!!!!!!!!' when referring to forever in a day and shau'ri's death is a HUGE spoiler (or was at the time) whereas 'what happened to Shau'ri *spoilers for FIAD' is a more appropriate title

it marks the spoilers and also lets folks know what's being discussed in the thread
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndyStargateUK
          Does that work for web based e-mail accounts, hotmail etc?
          I'm not sure about hotmail, but I know it works for Yahoo and Gmail.

Here is the RSS feed link for GateWorld News:
          http://www.gateworld.net/news/rss_gateworld.xml

Look and see if your email service has a place to input RSS links and give it a try. If the GateWorld one works, you can collect the other RSS links from the various blogs.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

A couple of threads I have started in the last week or so have been re-titled, I posted one thread called "Just how many?" in the SGA season II section and another thread in General SG Discussion titled "Ronan on Earth". They were both retitled with Spoiler tags, I hate spoilers and never read them. I started these threads for people to give there theories. When they get a spoiler tag a lot of people will not read them (I know I don't read anything with spoilers, and I ask anyone that has to not just theorize and not tell what any spoilers might be).

It's not that big of a deal, but my question is who is doing this and why?. Personally I would like them retitled to what they were originally.

Thank you
            "Just How Many?" would have been a problematic title, as a spoilerphobe who hadn't seen The Tower could have been spoiled for it; and a spoilerphobe who *had* seen it might have avoided your thread in case it spoiled Michael or the finale. "How many are there? (Spoilers for The Tower)" makes it clear (a) what the thread is about and (b) whether it's 'safe' for a spoilerphobe.

Hope that helps

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              "Just How Many?" would have been a problematic title, as a spoilerphobe who hadn't seen The Tower could have been spoiled for it; and a spoilerphobe who *had* seen it might have avoided your thread in case it spoiled Michael or the finale. "How many are there? (Spoilers for The Tower)" makes it clear (a) what the thread is about and (b) whether it's 'safe' for a spoilerphobe.

Hope that helps
              That helps a lot Madeleine, I try to title my threads to avoid any spolier talk, but unfortunetly theory threads often lead to spoliers whether directly or indirectly.

Thanx again for the heads-up.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That helps a lot Madeleine, I try to title my threads to avoid any spolier talk, but unfortunetly theory threads often lead to spoliers whether directly or indirectly.

Thanx again for the heads-up.
                I've changed the spoiler warning on your Ronon thread to "No Spoilers, Please." I hope that's an acceptable compromise.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  I've changed the spoiler warning on your Ronon thread to "No Spoilers, Please." I hope that's an acceptable compromise.
                  Very cool Major Tyler!, after getting the skinny from Madaleine and Skydiver I understand why it's done. The Ronan thread was the one I had the problem with being labeled, so again thank you. I will title any future threads with this in mind and give my NO spoiler warning at the start of the thread as I always do.

Thank you for the prompt replies, you all do a great job!.
                  Last edited by the Fifth Race; 21 February 2006, 08:12 AM.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    I will post your question in the Mod area and that person should get back to you via PM
                    I appreciate it TameFarrar, but it's unnecessary now. Major Tyler, Madeleine and Skydiver satisfied my interest. It's all good now

Thanx again for your diligence Mods.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Cool they had it all answered ... Don't you love how efficient we are

and teach me to read the thread BEFORE answering
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Cool they were answering at the same time... Don't you love how efficient we are
                        I Love it!, you peeps are the best Mods on any of the numerous forums I frequent (except for the forums I Mod at)
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Ok now since I changed my post....the question is ...do I abuse all my magic powers so you all have no idea I screwed up more than once...OR do I just leave it and be lovably flawed
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Ok now since I changed my post....the question is ...do I abuse all my magic powers so you all have no idea I screwed up more than once...OR do I just leave it and be lovably flawed
                            LOL, cute.

Being flawed is what makes us human and is a very endearing and attractive trait in my book!.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I think this thread
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24562
                              should be merged with Elizabeth Weir Discussion thread. There is really no point in having threads for every aspect of a character in my opinion.

Comment

I didn't realise skydiver had already handled it!

(I'm a slow typer, esp when I have three windows in three different threads (cos I'm impatient as well as slow))

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X