Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's entirely up to you if you want to post a story idea that you are also trying to sell to the show. I'd recommend you consult your agent and/or a property rights lawyer.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I've moved the last two questions to a new thread, since they're not specifically for the forum moderators:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23888

Comment

I have just seen this thread in General Discussion.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23867

Should it be in the episode discussion thread?

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
          got a question here. I put an idea for an ep on this site. Does that mean I can't use this idea to write a real episode? After I get an agent I would like to send a script or two for consideration. I have already started this one. Should I continue or should I go onto another one? I have 24 ideas for eps, so its not a problem. I just really like the one i'm writing.
          i would say, from my personal non-lawyer POV, the more private you keep an idea, the easier it is to prove that it's yours and to not have anyone else read your post, like the idea and do their own spin on it.

in some places, such as when folks subbed to fandy, thier novel ideas had to be private, not published/posted anywhere.

at the end of the day i'd do whatever the professionals tell you to do, however if you want to eventually be paid for your original work, it's best to keep that work private until it can be officialy posted/published
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Euhm..Mods, I send a mail to grant permission to delete ny account. But I think I botched it, because the account is still here. Could you please PM me about how the mail should look/what it should say ? I can't find anything about this in the FAQ section.

Janus
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
              Euhm..Mods, I send a mail to grant permission to delete ny account. But I think I botched it, because the account is still here. Could you please PM me about how the mail should look/what it should say ? I can't find anything about this in the FAQ section.
              There's no need to delete your account, just stop using it. No one else can use your screen name or anything, so deleting it is unnecessary.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Where are you mods? I want that thread closed, because I can't delete that thread, no matter what you say!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                  Where are you mods? I want that thread closed, because I can't delete that thread, no matter what you say!
                  Your question?? has been addressed in the thread itself
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Can you put this in the off-topic forum please
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23903
                    - Dan
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

we were under the impression the people could. We've deleted the first post in many test threads and the whole thread goes away. And i seem to recall something similar happening on another board that was also VBB style, however that option seems not to work now

It just goes to support the axiom that every thread starter should consider his/her actions well before hitting that 'post' button.

Once a thread is out there, it's out there. In the public domain. And it will not go away unless there is a rule violation that necessitates the thread being closed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        we were under the impression the people could.
                        Sky - hate to contradict you but normal members can't. I started a thread to test it here.

Now, over at event horizon forums (also VBulletin) i'm a mod, with all the privilages, and I can delete my first post there and make the thread disappear - but it seems as an ordinary member here, I can't. (i was trying to prove you could, so BG5 would stop moaning. Ah well.)

Talking of deletion ... that thread I linked can go unless you feel it serves a purpose at informing people like BG5 to think about what they post (he's already found the thread and posted in it) ... it's completely up to you.
                        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

thanks for testing that jonno and for letting us know.

things change with every software update and upgrade

sigpic

Comment

Again, if the mods had their choice, members would not be able to annihilate a thread they don't like just because they posted the first post. Threads are not "owned;" once they are out there, they are community property.

Comment

I'm asking a legit question!

If you are deleting al my posts, why don't you delete my first post in that thread?

Comment

I'm asking a legit question!

If you are deleting al my posts, why don't you delete my first post in that thread?
                                We are not deleting all your post, we are deleting off topic posts in this thread. Please see the opening post to this thread to identify what is considered "off-topic" here.

As for why we do not delete your other thread, that question has already been answered. To reinterate a final time, it is not our policy to delete threads because it's creator is "done" with it. If you no long wish to participate in that thread, simply do not go there any more.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X