This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.G.C
    I see your point Lida, but 1801 is a lot of posts and they would get tired eventualy, others like me and you (YAY I have 1801 posts) post more than one or two words as evidenced by this post
    How do you get tired tired posting one or two......maybe three words???? Sorry, but the whole post count thing has become a joke. But again, that's just my opinion.

And I'm not saying everyone does that, but MANY have and do. Well, whatever turns ya on!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Being at college, I shouldnt be posting!!!, but i see your point Lida

Comment

This kinda sucks. I'm well over 1800 posts, and I still see no option for a custom avatar. I wonder what's taking so long?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here's my avatar I'll be premiering, within the next week (when I hit 1,801 posts).

Although I'm thinking of making an Animated Avatar, looking very similar to my rotating Sig (seen below)
          sigpic

Comment

As some of you have probably heard, 1801 posts is no longer the number you need to be eligible for a custom avatar. According to Darren he "recently adjusted our usergroup settings to boost the number of required posts."

This is the only hint he would give me about the new number :
            "It's a big, round number."

I was hoping that it might be 2,000 - but seeing that the Fifth Man has 2,002 and still no avatar, it seems like it might be a lot more.

Oh well, it's their forum/their rules. It will come when it comes, I guess...
            sigpic

Comment

I could just be that the Fifth Man doesn't want to change his av

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I think it is 2,001. Because Mckay's girl still has her custom avatar. If it's higher then she wouldn't have it anymore.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  I think it is 2,001. Because Mckay's girl still has her custom avatar. If it's higher then she wouldn't have it anymore.
                  No people who already have a custom av retain theres they might not be able to change it to another custom av though
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    No people who already have a custom av retain theres they might not be able to change it to another custom av though
                    True
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      But doesn't that just give people more incentive to post one or two word posts? Maybe this whole post count thing has become passe. I'm seeing more and more ridiculous posts, with little or no meaning and often way OT, just to up post counts. I'll admit to posting alot when I first started on the Forum, but I tried to add to the discussion, not just post anything to up my count.

Wouldn't it be easier either to provide more and better avatars or just allow everyone to use a custom avatar? It seems like the whole post count thing has gotten way out of control, but that's just my quarter (inflation).
                      Meh, I thik it's good encouragment to post ...even if the post seems a tad..well....desperate? That's why I love GW partly!

And thank GOD I got my custom avs before the horrible upgrades! 2000 posts! GAAAHH!!
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Although I can understand why they (mainly Darren and David) changed the # of posts required for a custom avatar. And for your information, I'm not posting just to get one. I post here because I enjoy it.

I think they should changed it back, all those who agree with me, sign below.

Abydos
                        sigpic

Comment

Although I can understand why they (mainly Darren and David) changed the # of posts required for a custom avatar. And for your information, I'm not posting just to get one. I post here because I enjoy it.

Abydos
                          I want to be able to use the custom AV feature no, anybody have any deffinate # of post to be able to use it?

Awell, i have no custom AVs anyway, so ill just stick to having lots of fun and when i reach it, i reach it
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

You really, REALLY need to get over this and move on, Abydos. You say you aren't posting just to get one and that you're here because you enjoy it, and yet you're expending a LOT of effort griping about something which is ultimately meaningless and now you're even trying to get some kind of PETITION going to try and MAKE Darren change it back?! Or, excuse me, to "let him know how you feel" about it. Whatever.

It's just a stupid little picture. You'll get to the required level eventually. Meanwhile, maybe you should let go of it and HAVE FUN.

Comment

Yay, I got my custom avatar. Stupid me didn't see the option until I clicked on one of my newly available avatar options.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                You really, REALLY need to get over this and move on, Abydos. You say you aren't posting just to get one and that you're here because you enjoy it, and yet you're expending a LOT of effort griping about something which is ultimately meaningless and now you're even trying to get some kind of PETITION going to try and MAKE Darren change it back?! Or, excuse me, to "let him know how you feel" about it. Whatever.

It's just a stupid little picture. You'll get to the required level eventually. Meanwhile, maybe you should let go of it and HAVE FUN.
                                The only reason I'm eager to get my custom avatar, is because i want to but the pic of the pyramid blowing up (from Full Circle). Although I am (somewhat) getting use to the Asgard avatars.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X