This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dont
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Thats a shame

Comment

wow i have a very long way to go
        carter "colone?"
        o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Hello I am new here, I am deaf and I wish to put my own picture on my avatar. I have capture 255 picture to make all in one picture, but this forums wont download from my homepage cos of their rules, (Sorry link not work????)

I know it big file, it take me 1 and half hour done this :-(
          Last edited by THE-GATE-TO-STAR; 22 October 2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE-GATE-TO-STAR
            Hello I am new here, I am deaf and I wish to put my own picture on my avatar. I have capture 255 picture to make all in one picture, but this forums wont download from my homepage cos of their rules, (Sorry link not work????)

I know it big file, it take me 1 and half hour done this :-(
            Hi, Welcome to GW, unfortunately you cannot use a custom avatar until you have at least 1801 posts yes that is right 1801 posts. You can however put your own pic in your profile page. And you can have almost anything in your sig (see GW rules and FAQ).

Hope this clears things up if not again see GW rules and FAQ. (At the top of the page).

Comment

1801, that is a great deal of typing, now I wish I wouldn't have taken so much time off from GateWorld.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                1801, that is a great deal of typing, now I wish I wouldn't have taken so much time off from GateWorld.
                I wish I hadn't bee nslow at posting, but oh well.

Comment

Encouragement to all those wishing to have a custom avatar, but aren't at 1,800 posts yet: Don't give up! I've wanted a custom avatar ever since i joined GateWorld, but i had to wait until 1800 posts. Depending on your posting habits, it may take you anywhere from 4 weeks to 8 months. (It took me 9 and half months to get to 1800 posts). Yes, there are people out there who could easily post 100 times a day (in the threads where your posts count. In the Off-topic section, your posts DO NOT count toward your total post count).

Comment

And Remeber, the more you post the sooner you get ot show off your custom avatar !!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                      And Remeber, the more you post the sooner you get ot show off your custom avatar !!
                      But doesn't that just give people more incentive to post one or two word posts? Maybe this whole post count thing has become passe. I'm seeing more and more ridiculous posts, with little or no meaning and often way OT, just to up post counts. I'll admit to posting alot when I first started on the Forum, but I tried to add to the discussion, not just post anything to up my count.

Wouldn't it be easier either to provide more and better avatars or just allow everyone to use a custom avatar? It seems like the whole post count thing has gotten way out of control, but that's just my quarter (inflation).
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I see your point Lida, but 1801 is a lot of posts and they would get tired eventualy, others like me and you (YAY I have 1801 posts) post more than one or two words as evidenced by this post

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                          I see your point Lida, but 1801 is a lot of posts and they would get tired eventualy, others like me and you (YAY I have 1801 posts) post more than one or two words as evidenced by this post
                          1 or 2 words
                          ___________________________________________________________
                          I always post more than one or two words (i think)
                          I just have another 600+ post to go before i can use the custom av
                          even though i have no custom av's and i was the one to start this thread
                          ____________________________________________________________
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            But doesn't that just give people more incentive to post one or two word posts? Maybe this whole post count thing has become passe. I'm seeing more and more ridiculous posts, with little or no meaning and often way OT, just to up post counts. I'll admit to posting alot when I first started on the Forum, but I tried to add to the discussion, not just post anything to up my count.
                            Yes but people join Forums for all sorts of reason's and most people here I think do post sensibly, yes in some thread like Thunks just for example, you do get the "Aw nice pic's" type posts but even then I have to ask what is so wrong with expressing appreciation without long winded replies? But I have noticed people with custom avatars still posting silly posts just stroll over to the "Ask the Mods" thread. I am guilty of it but only because I get bored.

Wouldn't it be easier either to provide more and better avatars or just allow everyone to use a custom avatar?

It is not just the choice but the type and style a lot of the avatars although nice they are not unique or expressive of the person that uses them how can they be? Plus just because this is a Stargate Forum doesn't mean people aren't fans of other shows, and within reason why shouldn't they have the choice of using avatars referencing other shows? I am very happy with my Dr Who ones and I make no apologies for having a non Stargate avatar.

I still think 500 posts would be enough you would have to stay around for at least a month (surly longer) before you get that many and well by then you will know if you really want to remain a member and I think that was the point to begin with *encouragement*. I suppose I was lucky in a way because when I joined I was on an extended holiday and was bored out of my mind! So I posted in a lot of threads in the beginning and well I post a lot in about three or four threads sometimes short sometimes longer and sometimes too long. *like here*

I am just glad I have mine now and hope the rules aren't changed.

Comment

My mind has given me an idea ROTATING AVATARS!! I dont know if its possible, but I am going to find out at some point

EDIT: it isnt possible
                              Last edited by Stricken; 05 November 2005, 02:51 AM.

Comment

I had that idea a while ago I emailed Darren to ask if they were hotlinkied or copied to gw he didnt know but thought they were hotlinked but when I tried they were copied to the gw server
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X