This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    They had 40% before right? maybe they will learn they actually only needed 50%. Who knows.
    That was before all the damage from Deliverance. they were barely at 5%..
    The shields were at 5%, as in "sir, shields are at 20%! * random exploding panel in the background * ", with the 40% he was referring to the maximum energy reserves capacity which was at 40% of it's original capacity.

Comment

AH.. my bad.

Comment

I was just sat here thinking about previous episodes. What I find really sucks is that the relationship between Young and Rush is just getting so good! Now we wont get to see it through.

What I was looking forward to was Rush finally finishing his chess set so that he and Young might play a game throughout an entire episode whilst arguing over something which would get resolved at the end of course.

Or

Being something lasting over the entire of season three or half a season whilst they argue over what needs to be done over some story arc.

Dammit for being canceled, I wanted that episode!

Comment

Rush² = Bi-Winning!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Rush² = Bi-Winning!
            I hate you.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

He's a total freaking rock star, from Mars.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                I hate you.
                * spits drink *

haha, that made me laugh due to it's unexpectedness... is that a word?

Comment

Here's my thoughts

*If Telford jumped back 12 hours ... then why didn't he bump into Eli while he was swapped with Dr Lee? I'm guessing that it took longer than 12 hours to packup everything and get ready. But it didn't feel like 12 hours. Unless I missed a reference early on.

* I kind wished that either AltRush or Alt Telford stayed on for a bit longer than one episode. It would have been really interesting look at the differences between the two Rush characters. Especially after one saw all his shipmates pass into oblivion. to my recollection only Farscape has allowed a clone of the main character exist longer than an episode and kept that character part of the major plot (so Tom Riker doesn't count)

* I have to wonder if Telford is a little more mellowed, especially as the only survivor from that offshoot time.

* I thought AltRush went to the chair to see his wife again. And that Rush didn't tell the others about it because then he'd have to talk about his wife.

* As of motives for staying aboard Destiny:
                  - Rush: It's obvious why Rush wants to stay.
                  - Young: He has no more ties back home after his divorce, so I think he sees the value of this mission.
                  - Greer: Totally loyal to Young and will not abandom his Commander.
                  - Volker: Pprobably there for the mission.
                  - Varro: Along with the other Lucien Alliance leftovers, he probably faces incarceration back on Earth, besides they all committed to the Destiny Mission as soon as they came aboard.
                  - Chloe: It's possible that Chloe's decision could be influences by the Blue aliens (assuming that influence still exists) but perhaps she's honoring her father.
                  - Lt Scott: Only stepped forward after Chole did. Some would say he's pussy whipped
                  - Lt James: She followed only after Scott did... so I think her decision was becasue she is still carrying a torch for him.
                  - TJ: She probably hopes that she will find her baby again, going back to Earth will mean giving up on that hope.
                  - Eli: He really dragged his feet of the decision, he's only got his mother back home, yet ALL of his friends (whom he wanted to keep in touch on a regular basis) with have chosen to stay.

That's all my thoughts at the moment.
                  Last edited by RedXian; 17 March 2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
                    Here's my thoughts

*If Telford jumped back 12 hours ... then why didn't he bump into Eli while he was swapped with Dr Lee? I'm guessing that it took longer than 12 hours to packup everything and get ready. But it didn't feel like 12 hours. Unless I missed a reference early on.
                    Eli went back when there were at least 18 hours left - during the "meeting of the elders" Young says Destiny was heading to a star roughly 18 hours ahead and Wray says that Eli had stoned to earth to discuss the math.

I like your idea about TJ - it certainly fits the character.
                    sigpic

Comment

Original Source: MGM

Stargate Universe - MGM Video Featurette: "Personal Sacrifice" - Twin Destinies

Executive producer Brad Wright discusses what it means if the crew decides to stay on Destiny.

Blog Twitter

Comment

1. I don't get that chair anymore. Until Sabotage, I thought that the chair was a combination of the Head-Grabber(you know, the thing that gave O'Neill knowledge) and the chair in Atlantis, but now it can make people disappear?
                        2.Why the hell did they have to dump Telford back to Earth(maybe cos they're starting to get rid of characters as they're approaching the end of the Mission)?
                        3.Why haven't the Blue Aliens reappeared(did only the 3 ships in Divergence make it to this galaxy)?
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

1. I don't get that chair anymore. Until Sabotage, I thought that the chair was a combination of the Head-Grabber (you know, the thing that gave O'Neill knowledge) and the chair in Atlantis, but now it can make people disappear?
                          But when Rush interfaced with it in Human, and after what it did to Franklin, you maybe didn't think it was a little different than the Head-Grabbers? Basically, from what I get, it's sort of a neural interface thing, with the knowledge of the master code only accessible by humans and stuff - it apparently strips alien DNA according to Rush (Which may be bull****, as Pathogen shows, but for all we know it works but not on Chloe's level). I personally think it's some kind of magical thing that has its own smoke machine, and Franklin's just hiding somewhere (Or his mind was prepared by the chair the first time around, and the second time around, he was crystallised into the fog thingie and became a neural interface for the ship to use against Rush later (As well as Gloria, who's information was taken from Nick's head in the Human encounter, hence her appearing at the start of this season)).

2. Why the hell did they have to dump Telford back to Earth(maybe cos they're starting to get rid of characters as they're approaching the end of the Mission)?
                          Why'd they kill Ginn, Perry, Riley, Spencer and stuff? Who the hell knows? It happens. If they really wanted to sweep the ranks of people before the end of the mission, I think we would've lost the redshirts in one fell swoop.

3. Why haven't the Blue Aliens reappeared(did only the 3 ships in Divergence make it to this galaxy)?
                          And how, pray tell, would they be tracking them now with Chloe all de-alien-ified?
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The chair always seems an anomaly to me. But so did the repository of ancient knowledge. With the repository why did they make multiple ones? Surely it would have been more practical to have made one in a hidden location that could only be accessed by humans of a certain intelligence. Similar to the tests the Asgard put in place that SG1 worked out.

We have to assume that Destiny was only ever meant to be accessed by the ancients, not by just some randomers. So the people gating on board were always designed to not actually need the knowledge of the ancients, as by the time they gated on board, that knowledge would be like their ancient history.

Perhaps the chair is a mix between things one and two. to get to Destiny you needed to have enormous power sources and know the exact address, meaning you would be plenty clever enough to get there and interface with the chair. It would tell allow that crew to continue the mission as though they were basically ancients, BOOM they can fly the ship, fix it, be all round clever cloggs.

What went wrong?

We as humans have advanced technology far beyond our natural capabilities because we have not progressed as we naturally should have due to help from technology from the Goa'uld, ancients, Asgard, other allies. So we should not be aware of all of this yet and are not evolved enough yet to be able to interface with the chair, or even make it to Destiny as we shouldn't have the power to get there of technical know how.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                              Another GREAT episode. Brings back to memories of what made the SG-1 & SGA successful. The CGI is AWESOME. Looks like the lighting has dramatically improved which is especially noticeable in the shuttle interior and bridge scenes.

Note To Producers: Americans have short attentions spans. Don't produce a new series with episodes that start slow, drag out or become boring. The SGU episodes is just now hitting it's stride. You took too long to kick in the gear and because of this thinking will get more great franchises like this one canceled.
                              I think the show hit its stride in season 1 episode 4 and never found it slow or boring. I've always found it compelling. But I think you are right about many of my fellow American TV watchers having short attention spans. If they want to do the cerebral, intelligent story telling they did on SGU I guess they would have had to find a way to make it cost less. Although I feel the show was written as a gift to long time science fiction fans like me, I'm sure they could have found a way to give it broader appeal and still keep the sense of wonder and exploration I've enjoyed about the show from the beginning.
                              I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Another crack-pot theory for fun. The Destiny crew that disappeared in the stargate were sent to earth so far back in time that they end up helping the ancient Egyptians over throw RA and bury the stargate.
                                I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Working...
                                X