X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awfully specific.

Comment

The great thing about it, though, is that it wasn't an AU at all; these were the people of our reality just 12 hours ahead of the other ones. "Our" crew would make all the same decisions given the same circumstances, so we know now that Young actually cares enough about the mission and what it could lead to to forget about Earth and stay. And that he really does want to extend an olive branch to Rush. The same can be said of the pre-evacuation actions of all the crewmembers.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Episode folder is a lot busier this week. I bet a lot didn't even realise it was back last week.

Comment

Would you guys have liked the alternate ending
          where Rush purposely killed Telford

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
            Would you guys have liked the alternate ending
            where Rush purposely killed Telford
            No, because I don't think Rush is that cold blooded. He's not been the best human being, but he's not that bad either.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              No, because I don't think Rush is that cold blooded. He's not been the best human being, but he's not that bad either.
              Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                I totally agree. It was great just the way it happened.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

side note: anyone else notice how ridiculously more traffic/threads there are to this episode than there was for deliverance?

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                    side note: anyone else notice how ridiculously more traffic/threads there are to this episode than there was for deliverance?
                    yeah, i did. it definitely was a much better episode!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                      Where did the future crew go after going through the gate ? Some random planet & we encounter them later ? They went through the Gate so that does not automatically mean they are dead
                      Good question.

Comment

Several people said what I was thinking. I have had faith in these writers and what they were doing with SGU from very early on so I wouldn't be surprised if the 'disappeared' folks that went through the wormhole came out in a different time.

I loved how Rush didn't trust Rush and asked him what really happened once they were alone. Only dissappointment was I thought it would have been SGU style balzy to keep 2 Rush's around for a while. Almost seems like they were under pressure to tie up more loose ends rather than doing the longer chapter style stories. On the other hand I hear that what happens in this episode effects all the future ones.

I love the idea that 12 folks had the sense of wonder and adventure to stick around. It mirrors what happened with some of the fans. A smaller group of fans love the adventure and mystery of SGU but most chose to stick with something they're familliar with.
                        I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Comment

So, the SGU writers dip into the SG story book and pull out a couple of tricks (solar flares âž™ time travel, time travel âž™ multiple copies of people) to get more supplies for a ship that has obviously gone on too long without any previous re-supply mission, and to allow Rush to vent his homicidal rage against someone.

I suppose I would have been more entertained if I knew the series would continue long enough to answer questions that these episodes raise.

One thing I don't understand is why this time it took two people for the Chair to work: Rush #2 definitely said he needed Rush #1?

Also, it is not clear to me why Eli would stay with the ship as opposed to going home to care for his dying mother, as previous development of the Eli character has implied.
                            Last edited by senilegreen; 15 March 2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                              Episode folder is a lot busier this week. I bet a lot didn't even realise it was back last week.
                              It's now clearer than ever that forum traffic =/= good ratings.
                              sigpic

Comment

Original Source: MGM

SGU Featurette: "Soften Him"

Exective producer Brad Wright talks about the changes for Rush in the SGU episode "Twin Destinies".

Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X