Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it will not let me vote but I'll give it a 10. This is one of the best episodes so far. I would never guess that the ship was testing young. But there was only one giveaway. If the ship was really under attack Rush would not be in the control interface room he would be on the bridge.
    I am not sure what's going on with the 3 people that gave it a 1. They must be SGU haters

Comment

solid 8

As many have said, can't give a 10 because that's only deserving of life-altering resurrection type stuff. That and their are definitely some hangs that I hope they actually get resolved meaningfully instead of using copouts.

Like most, I liked the character development, well at least where it may take us down the line. Thank God Scott finally grew a pair since he apparently lost them right after Air 3 (probably cuz of a certain someone of a different gender -- can't live with them and can't leave them on the corner where you found them ... j/k). Young should really just get over the fact that the ex-ancient doesn't like him anymore and get back to TJ and try makin another thing; but, that'll happen later, now that he's not crying in his quarters anymore, hopefully. Greer is the Lifetime channel on the Destiny ... WTCrap? Not sure why he's the matchmaker, but if Eli can't get the quasi-alien then hopefully *Jen* (don't like their pronunciation) isn't just playing him to get herself into someone else's bed.

Oh well ... enough ranting but solid 8 as I said mostly because they setup a few plot lines to make some other eps REALLY interesting.
      sigpic

Comment

A lot better than cloverdale, but still a filler episode. The Ginn and Eli and greer scenes probably the best, otherwise it was pretty much a teaser for future eps. 7/10 and that's being generous.

Comment

Solid 6 from me for Trial and Error, because it really was above "fair" and heaps better than Cloverdale (which got a 2 from me). Still, I'm not too fond of the direction they're taking the show with the "mystery elements", ship getting more and more sentient and the fact that it is the 3rd "out of body experience" episode in a row.
          Additionally, I was really hoping we'd get to see the Emily/Everett discussion play out on screen. I'd have been interested in her reasoning, after she wanted a divorce in the first place, then decided she still loved the Colonel enough to screw him in a different body but now she wants a divorce again. Why? I mean, apart from the fact that she's a nice plot device. Would have gladly exchanged Eli/Ginn awkward geek loving scenes for that.
          Plus, I don't buy Young picking himself up that quickly, this is maybe a breather for him.

Good points: Scott and Wray picking themselves up and are productive/useful for once. No senseless harping on one another for an entire episode, that gets a big thumbs up. Inspired acting all around (with LF and AH being favourites, again ).

Comment

I gave this episode an 8 but the only drawback for this episode is that the blue alien attack didn't happen in any form at the end as it was all a simulation. Still, the Destiny AI being more developed that we first thought is an interesting idea. I think it's also using Franklin as some kind of ship avatar. The Andromeda one was just much sexier. Which is also interesting.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I would give this episode a solid 8. Maybe 8.5.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I enjoyed this episode greatly! From the space battles to the insight into Young's character to the insight into Destiny's 'character'... I had to give it a 9. It's right up there with Air pt 3, Light and Divided as the best episodes of the series so far.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I voted 9. It was almost as good as Time. (and it rhymes so it must be true)
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Gave this one a nine because so many episodes upcoming promise to be awesome on toast

why so awesome?
                    epic space battles - a few times over
                    epic punching Young in the mouth - and him laughing his head off over it
                    epic contempt from the Destiny toward Rush
                    Greer - epic all in itself, and a sweet Eli/Ginn first kiss
                    Wray. Yes, I said it, Wray. Wray is awesome.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Ok No Longer Probie Status So I Can Vote Now...... w00t w00t!!
                      sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Not voted as i haven't even seen it yet but it looks like it could be a good one ,shame we are a week behind

Comment

I will vote this as a 3.5

it was a very avg episode, not revealing anything really good or moving the plot that much forward

The last episodes since Cloverdale have been bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacdru View Post
                            I will vote this as a 3.5

it was a very avg episode, not revealing anything really good or moving the plot that much forward

The last episodes since Cloverdale have been bad.
                            Um, there has only been one episode since Cloverdale - this one. Do I'm not sure what you meant by your last line? Maybe just that you think both Cloverdale and Trial and Error are bad?
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I love it, and that's really a surprise because I usually don't like this Groundhound day's types of episodes. But definitely I think it was awesome and glad they do it with Young because a Groundhound day with Chloe or Scott would have been hell. But after a very dissapointing episode this was a cool fresh one: interesting, entertaining and not so slow. Even Chloe was good in this one, in small doses of course. I give it an 8/10.
                              They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
                              --Markus--

Comment

I give it a respectable 7. So much better than Cloverdale, I'm glad that it seems like it was only a blip last week
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X