No announcement yet.

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what, since when any SGU trailer has not been deceiving in some way. We always take what we see for real and end up with something completely different.

I say what the preview showed us is not what we all think will happen.

First, Simeon is not T-Bag, so you can scratch rape from the possible scenarios. Second, Rush goes on a rampage, which means Perry probably is dead, doesnt mean Ginn is. What if Simeon went to confront her and coincidently something happened to Perry body, and thats what caused the entire thing. Maybe Simeon didnt even touched a hair on Ginn body but he new he would be blamed so he escapes. Maybe both bodies are in some sort of comas.

Like i said, theyve been good at making us think what was going to happen, how many times have we been wrong?

Comment

Tbh, if it plays out that way, then thats retarded as Simeon would know Greer might go ott but Young and Scott and Wray would wonder why he stayed to be captured

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        i won't mind if it turns out Gynn is now permanently in perry's body
        If this is true, I'd like to see how shallow Eli is. Would he still like Ginn?

Comment

I dont think this would show Eli as "shallow," he's a young guy not very strong emotionally, it might take him awhile to come to terms with.

Still, i dont know why Perry, who obviously has highest security clearance cant be healed via Goa'uld healing device or any number of healing devices SG-1 came across.

Hell, Todd could even transfer energy to her from a dying person/form of capital punishment/whatever to cure her disability. Scope seems to be very narrow in SG recently, we get access to wonderful things, and we humans love to tinker, hence we've found applications for Ancient/Asgard tech that they never thought of.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
            Blackhole,

Yes, serious. Or was The Road too much of a downer to win the Pulitzer? My favorite movie from 2009 was "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" a movie that wrestled with death and dieing for all two hours of the film. Just because a topic is serious does not mean it must be "maudlin".
            You are right that serious or dark doesn't mean maudlin. It is a personal choice to prefer uplifting shows and avoid those that aren’t.

My choice of maudlin applied more to the pending death of Ginn/Amanda. I maintain that introducing Ginn and Amada as loved interests to a wounded Eli and Rush just to murder them a few episodes later is a cheap shot. It is soapy and needless. It doesn't add much to their characters except to make their miserable situation worse by throwing salt into their wounds. Sadness and gloom and perpetual hardship just isn't my cup of tea. From the onset I have tried to defend SGU. I have maintained that it needs to be appreciated on its own merits. At this point imo the only thing Stargate about SGU is the name in the title.
            Last edited by Blackhole; 11 November 2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              So long as Ginn still dresses the same way
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                At this point imo the only thing Stargate about SGU is the name in the title.
                And that round spinning thing they go through - like in the next episode. You know, the round thing with the whoosh sound? Dammit, I can never remember the name . . .
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                  And that round spinning thing they go through - like in the next episode. You know, the round thing with the whoosh sound? Dammit, I can never remember the name . . .
                  The old orifice? They called it that sometimes right? Orifice?
                  [/200]
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                    Sarcasm is really the refuge of a weak mind. Everyone's tastes are different and I respect those that enjoy the perpetual wrong people in the wrong place mindset of the show. Unfortunately, given the current season's ratings picture, the experiment that is SGU is likely to be short lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes View Post
                      I am not dismissing the fact that she saved the lives of most people by doing so. But really how often is shooting someone in the back seen as courageous or heroic? Even when she was armed with the gun Dannic never showed any hesitation in intimidating her, but never tried that stunt with Kiva.

-

And also, given the communication stones lapses and malfunctions from before, why was Ginn left unguarded even if Amanda was in control of her body? The personnel on Destiny aren't the only ones that can cut the connection between the stones as it has been done on Earth before (When Young in Airman's body was confronting his Wife and Telford). While I see the obvious problems Young's standing order would have caused with the plot of this particular episode, I hope the lapse of judgement gets addressed.
                      To the first part, no one claimed she was heroic, we were debating the damsel in distress claim. That archetype generally requires that she is NOT the one saving herself. In this case, it's not applicable because she IS the one who saves her self... others aren't acting to save her. In terms of dramatic structure, her abuse is backstory and not really treated as a plot device.

Shooting someone in the front might have been nice, but in that split second when it was him or Telford, I'm not going to quibble about her timing. I'm more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt that she 1) was not so high in the LA that she could assume command herself, 2) understanding her position only acted when she felt she had no other choice.

You mention Kiva, but is there any doubt that people don't push her around because she would put a bullet in their head? I doubt she was running around beating up her male subordinates physically. This isn't Buffy, where waif thin young women go toe to toe with 230+ pound men and that exchange works out well.

-

The second point is valid and I don't really know what to make of that. It could just be a flat out mistake on the part of the commander rather than a writing error. After all, they haven't been dealing with LA personnel on the stones for that long and they've gone to great lengths in the show to display that the crew is certainly not perfect.

Comment

You are right that serious or dark doesn't mean maudlin. It is a personal choice to prefer uplifting shows and avoid those that aren’t.

My choice of maudlin applied more to the pending death of Ginn/Amanda. I maintain that introducing Ginn and Amada as loved interests to a wounded Eli and Rush just to murder them a few episodes later is a cheap shot. It is soapy and needless. It doesn't add much to their characters except to make their miserable situation worse by throwing salt into their wounds. Sadness and gloom and perpetual hardship just isn't my cup of tea. From the onset I have tried to defend SGU. I have maintained that it needs to be appreciated on its own merits. At this point imo the only thing Stargate about SGU is the name in the title.
                        Seriously? I don't think people were holding hands in rememberence of Ginn. Because that's essentially the definition of maudlin: cheap emotion. No, people were annoyed that she died which is a little different. That her death effects a major protaganist is exactly what this is actually about. The only cheap thing about it was the lack of story time Ginn/Eli really got. If you want to use clinical dramatic terms anyway.

Ginn's death is maudlin in the same way Mercutio's death is. They are minor charecter's serving a purpose. And no, I'm not comparing this to Shakespeare, I'm saying the idea is being confused.

Mercutio dies because it forces Romeo to kill Tybalt which forces Romeo from Juliet. Mercutio's death serves a story purpose besides making you cry. Mercutio is not the story. Ginn is dead to force Eli and Rush to... (we don't know this part yet.) If Ginn simply dies and nothing else happens however, you're correct. But I doubt that's what happens. Ginn was never the story.

Maudlin would be....oh... I don't know... Greer dying on some planet so we could have all feel bad, everyone can cry, and nothing really changes. That's when you're being Maudlin. It's about not paying off what you've started.

Comment

Sarcasm is really the refuge of a weak mind.
                          My mind is anything but weak, thank you very much.

And can you really blame me? "It isn't reaaaaalllly Stargate", I'm just tired of that sad tune. Just say "I don't like it" and be honest.
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

When I say maudlin I am referring to the intended effect on the audience rather than as a description of the behavior of the characters. Killing both Ginn and Amanda so quickly after their introduction serves no purpose to the story imo except to create an excessive sense of sentimentality in the audience. The action feels contrived and forced. SGU has obviously chosen to go down the sadness and gloom and perpetual hardship road with its characters. This dramatic format just isn't my cup of tea, particularly in a Stargate spin off. I realize that I am probably coming across as aggravating to a lot of 'fans'. It is not my intention to belittle their affection for the show. I am mostly venting and am sad that the show has taken this turn. Given the current rating picture I think the show's creators have made a show ending mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter483 View Post
                              I don't think Eli is going to go back to that. Judging from this episode he got over it due to his relationship with Ginn. Now with her gone, he's going to be forced to "grow up" and realize the brutality of the situation.
                              So who do we think he will try for next? parkes? one of the nameless chicks?

You know, every time someone on Gateworld says the words "exploding tumors", a fairy dies. True story.
                              Good the world is full of fairies as is... we need to depopulate!

Spoiler:
                              You consider killing off both Ginn and Amanda flippant?
                              It's more the "If you kill off X i will leave" tantrum like rantings i find flippant.

If she dies, it will be by strangulation, and they BETTER NOT SHOW IT. Stargate should never get that dark, viewership hungry or not.
                              They did with Young and riley.. and again this ep with young rush round 2.
                              I do. I much prefer Perry to Ginn.

Still, i dont know why Perry, who obviously has highest security clearance cant be healed via Goa'uld healing device or any number of healing devices SG-1 came across.
                              Some people injured are just so used to their life, they don't want to be healed.

Comment

The hand healing device was never shown to be that good. They don't have a sarcophagus, though they could probably get one now. The Ancient healing device was explicitly dangerous to humans. Finally, tretonin probably can't repair spinal damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X