No announcement yet.

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last scene caused much gnashing of teeth on my behalf.

The issue I think is that we see some mote of happiness in the series. Consider that, so far, we've had abduction, alien infestation, the brutal mercy killing of our favourite mauve shirt and Eli's mum being suicidal.

Then we get a happy upswing with Eli finally breaking the news to his mum, pulling her out of her rut and hooking up with damned fine red head.

And then the red head dies. Offscreen. After only one episode. Brutally. Taking another character and love interest with her.

We got so much development of Eli's crush on Chloe. From its very beginnings, its development and eventual swatting down as it becomes apparent that Chloe has eyes for only one other. I'd have loved to see Eli and Ginn's relationship actually develop rather than get teased by it for an episode only for it to be crushed before our eyes.

It's like seeing a kitten doing something cute and then dropping a brick on it. Then setting it on fire. Twice. Simultaneously.

I can only speak for myself but I would have preferred to have seen Eli find a little happiness. I would have loved to see Ginn's character actually develop and her relationship with Eli actually grow, change and evolve as the series went on.

If Ginn or Perry are still alive... the way I see it... perhaps their minds may have merged somehow.

My thinking is that when the stones "Disconnect" the link between two people, each find themselves back in their original bodies. If a link is disconnected by death, then the extraneous personality has nowhere to go while the original finds itself back in place.

Now we've had fused personalities before in Stargate, Daniel when he was harbouring a dozen odd personalities, McKay... but I feel that something different happens with stones. It isn't a case of two personalities in one body so much as a fusion of the two, an inseparable union.

As a result, Ginn and Perry become "Gerry", the memories and experiences of both Ginn and Perry in one body with one mind... much like Tuvix from Voyager. This complicates things for both Eli and Rush, potentially it drives a wedge between them.

In the case of Death or Fusion, Eli has to do something about it. Preferably to Simeon. Preferably something that gives Simeon a long, slow, painful, malingering death.

That nerd deserved some frellin' happiness gorram it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Why the assumption that they get killed? I think its more likely that he rapes them.
      Spoiler:
      Because in the preview her body is laying on the ground and she's not breathing.
      Last edited by Aesjos; 12 November 2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesjos View Post
        Spoiler:
        Because in the preview her body is laying on the ground and she's not breathing.
        Spoilers, man.

What do you mean 'what point'?

I tell you one thing, if he violently raped Ginn for giving out info she damn sure wouldn't do it again.
        Except she's not Ginn, she's Perry, and Simeon knows this because Perry told him so. How is Ginn to learn a lesson she's not there to experience?

Comment

Good job killing Ginn. Goodbye, SGU, and I ain't coming back.
          "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            Spoilers, man.

Except she's not Ginn, she's Perry, and Simeon knows this because Perry told him so. How is Ginn to learn a lesson she's not there to experience?
            Well she certainly wouldn't be feeling very rosy when she popped back into her body.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Razor One View Post
              That last scene caused much gnashing of teeth on my behalf.

The issue I think is that we see some mote of happiness in the series. Consider that, so far, we've had abduction, alien infestation, the brutal mercy killing of our favourite mauve shirt and Eli's mum being suicidal.

Then we get a happy upswing with Eli finally breaking the news to his mum, pulling her out of her rut and hooking up with damned fine red head.

And then the red head dies. Offscreen. After only one episode. Brutally. Taking another character and love interest with her.

We got so much development of Eli's crush on Chloe. From its very beginnings, its development and eventual swatting down as it becomes apparent that Chloe has eyes for only one other. I'd have loved to see Eli and Ginn's relationship actually develop rather than get teased by it for an episode only for it to be crushed before our eyes.

It's like seeing a kitten doing something cute and then dropping a brick on it. Then setting it on fire. Twice. Simultaneously.

I can only speak for myself but I would have preferred to have seen Eli find a little happiness. I would have loved to see Ginn's character actually develop and her relationship with Eli actually grow, change and evolve as the series went on.

If Ginn or Perry are still alive... the way I see it... perhaps their minds may have merged somehow.

My thinking is that when the stones "Disconnect" the link between two people, each find themselves back in their original bodies. If a link is disconnected by death, then the extraneous personality has nowhere to go while the original finds itself back in place.

Now we've had fused personalities before in Stargate, Daniel when he was harbouring a dozen odd personalities, McKay... but I feel that something different happens with stones. It isn't a case of two personalities in one body so much as a fusion of the two, an inseparable union.

As a result, Ginn and Perry become "Gerry", the memories and experiences of both Ginn and Perry in one body with one mind... much like Tuvix from Voyager. This complicates things for both Eli and Rush, potentially it drives a wedge between them.

In the case of Death or Fusion, Eli has to do something about it. Preferably to Simeon. Preferably something that gives Simeon a long, slow, painful, malingering death.

That nerd deserved some frellin' happiness gorram it.
              Good Post! We are in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesjos View Post
                If they kill them off I'm probably not going to be interested in the show anymore. Killing off Perry is just way overboard - if they wouldn't even think of having a scene with someone killing a quadriplegic in their own body it doesn't make a difference even if is a tragic mistake.

Killing off Ginn also just seems to be covering over the writer's lack of ability to create a fully fledged alien with their own culture and history comparable to our own. There's never an intelligent human race in Stargate on our own level, they're always cave men, ancient Greeks or mideval peasants, or were advanced but lost/loose everything. Ginn's people though seem to be as developed or maybe more without outside help and have their own independent knowledge of the Ancients, and even more different they seem to have a continuous knowledge of the Ancients with them even being part of their folklore... killing her off is just stupid. The plots in the shows have always been human centric (why no ascended other aliens, only humans?) but not even allowing there to be other advanced human races in the show that we don't either screw over in the guise of doing something good (the people that gave us the naquadah generator) or get destroyed by someone else is getting old.
                I agree. It seemed a cheap and sloppy attempt to create contrived soapy emotional angst and conflict.
                Last edited by Blackhole; 12 November 2010, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I think almost everyone agrees in all fairness, some not speculating because its too difficult, others dont care, and some dont wanna get their hopes up because adding a little of the softer side of humanity makes the show as a whole darker by contrast in my opinion

N.C

Comment

This thread seems symptomatic of what happens when fans know too much about what is coming up in future episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang View Post
                      Good job killing Ginn. Goodbye, SGU, and I ain't coming back.
                      I feel the same way.

Comment

I honestly don't see why Ginn is so beloved, after only a few scenes. The loss of Riley was MUCH more important, imho.

Could it be because she is a cute girl?

Inquiring minds wanna know.
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I honestly don't see why Ginn is so beloved, after only a few scenes. The loss of Riley was MUCH more important, imho.

Could it be because she is a cute girl?

Inquiring minds wanna know.
                          She is cute, she has red hair and she fell for a nerd. You don't need a phd to work that one out.

Comment

I guess maybe it is a girl thing - I'm not all up in arms for her loss, since I only just met her and I don't wanna kiss her.
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Well she certainly wouldn't be feeling very rosy when she popped back into her body.
                              Depends on when she came back. And I don't know about you, but if someone committed an act of violence against me that didn't kill me and I could see them punished for it, I would. You don't think Ginn would get Simeon locked up for pulling such a stunt? There's no permanence to such an action, nor any reward to it. In fact, it's just more motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                                I guess maybe it is a girl thing - I'm not all up in arms for her loss, since I only just met her and I don't wanna kiss her.
                                It would be interesting if there is a significant gender component to her appeal. A lot of "nerds" would love to date her and and they may empathize much more with Eli's plight.

Comment

Working...
                                X