No announcement yet.

Simeon : The Last Scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, Ginn was a little one dimensional but I don't think she was a damsel at all. She's essentially the reason everyone is alive at this point because she shot the former LA Alpha-male.

Also, I don't really buy the "no charecter is safe" criticism because there are very few if any shows that behave that way. You really have to go to HBO style shows before that becomes real. I think that's something show runners like to trot out there, but on a majority of shows, it's a fraud. What they mean is "no secondary charecter is safe." As hardcore as BSG was, named cast members were not removed from the show. Kara was "sci fi dead." SGA did it with Dr. Beckett and we see how well the fans responded to that. I don't count Daniel because either it wasn't real or it was an acting dispute. Angel did it with Doyle, but almost every death after that to a principal cast member was either an actor dispute or they were ending the series. I'm just saying, I wouldn't accuse the SGU showrunners of trying to pull that for the sake of feeling "real". I mean, of all people... they actually HAVE killed main cast members before.

As another poster noted, Wright has been quoted as insinuating that we'll see Ms. McNiven again. So we may have Ginn alive in Perry's body with Perry being dead. I'll miss Perry because I loved her too. But I just wouldn't try to make heads or tails about Eli/Ginn until a little more time passes.
    Last edited by Azzers; 10 November 2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Ginn is going to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
        To be fair, Ginn was a little one dimensional but I don't think she was a damsel at all. She's essentially the reason everyone is alive at this point because she shot the former LA Alpha-male.
        By damsel I meant that she has the constant victim syndrome. Her backstory was mostly being victimized. She didn't stand up to the guy that was assuming control after Kiva's death, she shot him in the back when his attention was focused elsewhere. And she was balantly intimidated by Simeon despite there being a guard 3 feet away near the beginning of the episode.

Comment

Pipi--none of us want to see that.

Anyways, there is nothing in Simeon's hands. The LA uniform is pretty tight. As far as we could see there was nothing sticking out of his belt. If there was a knife in his belt-buckle, Perry's eyes would have been drawn to it in those last few seconds (they stayed on Simeon's face). If she dies, it will be by strangulation, and they BETTER NOT SHOW IT. Stargate should never get that dark, viewership hungry or not.

sigpic
          Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
          O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
          Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
          O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Strangulation or a snapped neck which i think will be less likely to get complaints than watching her being strangled.

N.C

Comment

I hope Ginn doesn't die she has actually made Eli smile. The guy most of the time is a walking tombstone. I can't wait for Simeon to die his character is just evil all the ones that that actor plays are he is very good at playing that role.
              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jes View Post
                By damsel I meant that she has the constant victim syndrome. Her backstory was mostly being victimized. She didn't stand up to the guy that was assuming control after Kiva's death, she shot him in the back when his attention was focused elsewhere. And she was balantly intimidated by Simeon despite there being a guard 3 feet away near the beginning of the episode.
                I think Riley was the only "damsel" then as he was always the victim of something. As for shooting Dannic in the back, why not? makes more sense, given her size. Why would she stand toe to toe with a guy like that? Simeon intimidates me and I'm not even on the set
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

GATEGOD,

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                  I'm thoroughly disappointed. Killing off Gin just shows the lack of imagination the writers are bringing to this next episode if that turns out to be the case. Killing off guest stars that you spend the first few episodes of a season building up, to me, always seemed frivolous, pathetic and mean to the fans who actually try and put time and care into the characters the writers create for us. If all you plan on doing is giving us a new character to kill them off in some epic way down the road then why bother at all.
                  Because people die in horrible, violent, tragic ways sometimes. The guy doesn't always get the girl. And because in war people kill other people particularly when they think that other person is a traitor to their cause. Simeon's actions are quite rational despite being brutal. Welcome to serious storytelling.
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
                    I'm thoroughly disappointed. Killing off Gin just shows the lack of imagination the writers are bringing to this next episode if that turns out to be the case. Killing off guest stars that you spend the first few episodes of a season building up, to me, always seemed frivolous, pathetic and mean to the fans who actually try and put time and care into the characters the writers create for us. If all you plan on doing is giving us a new character to kill them off in some epic way down the road then why bother at all.
                    I'm kind of used to this treatment of sympathetic characters in A Song of Ice and Fire, but this scene is a little too much. Whatever happened to that age old rule of Stargate: You're not dead if no one finds the body?
                    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                    Caboose: They could be worse?
                    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by kudra View Post
                      It's odd that some people are calling the possible killing of a love interest in SGU 'soapy' and un-stargate. I was discussing this with a friend who loves SG1 (but not so much SGU) tonight and she said Sam Carter was known as the black widow because all her love interests snuffed it and Daniels love life was a similar disaster area. So this would seem to be very much the traditional stargate way of dealing with romantic entanglements - if that's true did fandom complain it was a soap opera when SG1 did it?

On another point
                      Spoiler:
                      I'd wonder what effect the fact Perry is on a respirator & has a medically trained carer on standby would have when Simeon 'killed' Ginns body while they are swapped. When Young suffocated Rush's body and then revived him it restored both Rush and Telford's bodies -could Perrys body getting revived / kept alive by the respirator meical intervention - restore them both or keep one of them alive?
                      Hadn't thought of that. And if that's the way it plays out, the writers deserve a round of applause for bringing back that little property of the communication stones.
                      Or, Rush gets absurdly lucky and she's revived in under three minutes /which I think is the time it takes for brain death to set in/
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        I think Riley was the only "damsel" then as he was always the victim of something. As for shooting Dannic in the back, why not? makes more sense, given her size. Why would she stand toe to toe with a guy like that? Simeon intimidates me and I'm not even on the set
                        If she was stabbing him in the back I could see better respect for it since a knife depends of physical strength to increase its damage potiential. I do realize there was a size/strength disadvanatge for Ginn there. A gun however has been called "the great equalizer" for a very good reason. You don't need to stand toe to toe with someone when you have a gun. The amount of bullets she pumped into Dannic would drop a small woman like Taylor Swift or a large man like Brock Lesnar equally.

I am not dismissing the fact that she saved the lives of most people by doing so. But really how often is shooting someone in the back seen as courageous or heroic? Even when she was armed with the gun Dannic never showed any hesitation in intimidating her, but never tried that stunt with Kiva.

Simeon showed no reservation about intimidating Ginn with one guard shown to be three feet away, and I would presume a 2nd guard out there as well since the one shown was Ginn's guard and the 2nd presumed guard to have been Simeon's. While I am not fond of Wray (I do admit to liking her in this second season better) I did respect her standing up to Simeon like she did.

It just seems that neither Dannic or Simeon doubted their ability to intimidate Ginn regardless of what weapon she had or what back up was present. Between the incidents on Destiny and what had been said of her backstory it seems she was always treated in such a fashion and only got repreive by being rescued, much like what Wray did by telling Simeon off.

And also, given the communication stones lapses and malfunctions from before, why was Ginn left unguarded even if Amanda was in control of her body? The personnel on Destiny aren't the only ones that can cut the connection between the stones as it has been done on Earth before (When Young in Airman's body was confronting his Wife and Telford). While I see the obvious problems Young's standing order would have caused with the plot of this particular episode, I hope the lapse of judgement gets addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                          GATEGOD,

Because people die in horrible, violent, tragic ways sometimes. The guy doesn't always get the girl. And because in war people kill other people particularly when they think that other person is a traitor to their cause. Simeon's actions are quite rational despite being brutal. Welcome to serious storytelling.
                          Serious?

I would say dark, depressing and maudlin but to each their own.
                          Last edited by Blackhole; 11 November 2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kudra View Post
                            It's odd that some people are calling the possible killing of a love interest in SGU 'soapy' and un-stargate. I was discussing this with a friend who loves SG1 (but not so much SGU) tonight and she said Sam Carter was known as the black widow because all her love interests snuffed it and Daniels love life was a similar disaster area. So this would seem to be very much the traditional stargate way of dealing with romantic entanglements - if that's true did fandom complain it was a soap opera when SG1 did it?
                            I don't recall any real complaints. Part of the problem with that was the whole Jack/Sam entaglement. Most of them weren't sad to see a rival for Sam's affections get the boot. And not all of them died, both the NID agent (can't remember his name, Barret?) and McKay are very much still around. Daniel's love life going into the toliet at the beginning of the show made sense in that was his character's motivation for joining the team and opposing the System Lords, especially Apothis. "Something of the Host survives" was his motto for the first few seasons. Sadly it didn't work out for him.

I had a friend once tell me that "SGU was a Stargate show for non-Stargate fans". I loved SG-1 and especially Atlantis. SGU doesn't bring the same stuff to the table. While that isn't nescessarily a bad thing, it does make the ratings being lower make sense. I totally understand your friend's position regarding SG-1 and SGU. I almost decided against watching the 2nd season cause I got sick of the constant power plays between Young, Wray, and Rush and the screen time devoted to it at the expense of other storylines.

Comment

Blackhole,

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                              Serious?

I would say dark, depressing and maudlin but to each their own.
                              Yes, serious. Or was The Road too much of a downer to win the Pulitzer? My favorite movie from 2009 was "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" a movie that wrestled with death and dieing for all two hours of the film. Just because a topic is serious does not mean it must be "maudlin".

Jes,

And also, given the communication stones lapses and malfunctions from before, why was Ginn left unguarded even if Amanda was in control of her body? The personnel on Destiny aren't the only ones that can cut the connection between the stones as it has been done on Earth before (When Young in Airman's body was confronting his Wife and Telford). While I see the obvious problems Young's standing order would have caused with the plot of this particular episode, I hope the lapse of judgement gets addressed.
                              Rush and then Eli were with her. Thus, because the bodies were swapped "guards" were perceived as unnecessary.
                              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

i won't mind if it turns out Gynn is now permanently in perry's body

Comment

Working...
                                X