This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Who is to say Simeon was given free reign by choice? I can can see him overpowering his guards
    I can see him being obviously disruptive and borderline sociopathic. If any of the LA should have remained confined, it's him. Sure, he might have info, but he's an obvious danger to the ship.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I can see him being obviously disruptive and borderline sociopathic. If any of the LA should have remained confined, it's him. Sure, he might have info, but he's an obvious danger to the ship.
      to late for 2 people now.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        to late for 2 people now.
        I'm hoping Greer comes to the rescue... but most likely not.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
          These are all consenting adults and this is fiction in any case. I don't really see what the big foofarah is
          I don't think Ginn consented to anything other than switching bodies so someone could come help out with a critical emergency. I doubt they told her that her body would be used to help alleviate Rush's mid-life crisis...

D

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Who is to say Simeon was given free reign by choice? I can can see him overpowering his guards
            Guards? Simeon only had one.
            When Simeon visited Ginn, the other was Ginn's guard. Once Perry stoned into Ginn's body, there was no need for a guard for her. That's why she was able to go to the bridge. That's also the reason why Simeon got to her at the end so easily. Simeon only had to overpower the 1 guard shadowing him.
            Again, Rush's scheme ended up costing somebody's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
              Again, Rush's scheme ended up costing somebody's life.
              You are seriously going to blame Rush for this?
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                Indeed, I don't understand why is not confined. If something happens to Ginn, a character that was growing into a favorite. I will not so much blame Simeon, but more so Young for not keeping him confined.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                  I blame Rush for a lot of things. Usually because they are his fault but I can't see how Rush's bridge secret would have changed Simeon going after Ginn. She wasn't related to the bridge plot at all
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, Definitively! It might not have been apparent, however, consider the following.
                    Rush's scheme was to have Perry come to Destiny to pilot Destiny from the bridge.
                    Also, Simeon finds out Ginn went to Earth when he met Perry/Ginn in the hall, as she was on her way to the bridge. Simeon knew that Ginn went somewhere with Wray, but he didn't know where. Ginn going to Earth, Stargate Command, raised a big red flag for him, I guess.
                    Also, Perry stoning into Ginn's body meant that the guard shadowing her was no longer necessary.
                    If Rush told the truth, no need for Perry at all.
                    Most likely, as seen in previous episodes, the stoned person will stay in the communication room. I would propose that this area would be off-limits to LA prisoners, and there seems to be many military personnel around.
                    Bottom line, Simeon maybe would have eventually killed Ginn, however, Rush's scheme cost Perry's life as well.
                    So, you tell me, am I making a valid argument?

Comment

No, you aren't.

Just because my actions cause you to be driving over to my house for dinner (I invited you to dinner just because I felt like having company, for my own selfish reasons) doesn't mean it is my fault when a drunk driver plows into your car and kills you.

Just to be clear - that was meant to be demonstrative of a situation where someone's actions could lead to someone else's death, yet they would not be to blame.

I wish no death on anyone, but you are all free to come to dinner any time. Drive carefully, of course.
                      sigpic

Comment

No, you aren't.

Just because my actions cause you to be driving over to my house for dinner (I invited you to dinner just because I felt like having company, for my own selfish reasons) doesn't mean it is my fault when a drunk driver plows into your car and kills you.
                        I beg to differ for one reason. Perry coming to Destiny changed some key factors, AND it was unnecessary if Rush just told the truth.
                        1. Ability to roam freely without a guard.
                        2. Ginn, while stoned, not being sequestered in the communication room.
                        Simeon's action toward Ginn may have happened regardless of anything else, but the cost of Rush's scheme was Perry's life.
                        On top of all that, if Ginn was not able to give Stargate Command the information that they were seeking, ouch!
                        Without Rush, Ginn would have stoned to Earth, complete her debriefing, returned to Destiny, and then killed by Simeon.
                        And, if Simeon realizes that Ginn did spill everything she knew, he might have just waited for a different opportunity instead of killing Ginn, which at that point would be useless.

Comment

My inviting you to dinner changed some key factors. You were driving at night (you never do that, you are a home-body). The time I gave for dinner put you exactly in the path of Mr. Drunk and Dangerous (if I had made dinner earlier or later - you would be alive).

Am I to blame?

Don't get me wrong, I feel terribly about the whole incident. If only I hadn't invited you for dinner!

And Rush will, too. If only he hadn't asked for Mandy!

But I'm not to blame, and neither is Rush.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
                            Yeah, Definitively! It might not have been apparent, however, consider the following.
                            Rush's scheme was to have Perry come to Destiny to pilot Destiny from the bridge.
                            Also, Simeon finds out Ginn went to Earth when he met Perry/Ginn in the hall, as she was on her way to the bridge. Simeon knew that Ginn went somewhere with Wray, but he didn't know where. Ginn going to Earth, Stargate Command, raised a big red flag for him, I guess.
                            Also, Perry stoning into Ginn's body meant that the guard shadowing her was no longer necessary.
                            If Rush told the truth, no need for Perry at all.
                            Most likely, as seen in previous episodes, the stoned person will stay in the communication room. I would propose that this area would be off-limits to LA prisoners, and there seems to be many military personnel around.
                            Bottom line, Simeon maybe would have eventually killed Ginn, however, Rush's scheme cost Perry's life as well.
                            So, you tell me, am I making a valid argument?
                            I think Young is more likely to blame as he did not have Simeon in some sort of confinement.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I think Young is more likely to blame as he did not have Simeon in some sort of confinement.
                              Simeon presumably killed his guard to get there.

Rush isn't at fault for this. One way or another, Simeon needed to kill Ginn. He knew she was going to talk. If Rush hadn't brought Perry, she'd have switched with someone else and Simeon would have killed that person. You cannot account for the actions of a madman nor blame someone when those actions cross with his.

Comment

My inviting you to dinner changed some key factors. You were driving at night (you never do that, you are a home-body). The time I gave for dinner put you exactly in the path of Mr. Drunk and Dangerous (if I had made dinner earlier or later - you would be alive).

Am I to blame?
                                How about if you lied to the person, made it seem like an emergency instead of dinner, and the person drove to your place in a hurry, running through red lights in order to get to you as fast as possible, due to the emergency that you lied about. And in the process, got into a fatal accident, would that make you responsible?

Comment

Working...
                                X