Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt for Rush as Young confronts him about Riley's death, for a moment he looks very guilt ridden and as if he starting to cry in front of Young. Seriously good acting by RC.
    sigpic

Comment

SGU has brought me back in having two great back to back episodes, this and "Trial and Error" are probably the best episodes of the second season of SGU so are. If the rest of the season is like this then I will be very happy! Rush FTW! I loved how everyone found out about the bridge and the ending scene with the bridge finally having a "crew"

Comment

What i noticed was that Rush is on the verge of being a guest on one of those 'To Catch A Predator' specials. How old was that woman he was making out with? 16? 17? And I'm not talking about the smart quadrapalegic scientist. She was in Ginn's body, and although on TV we see the older woman from earth, Rush would've seen the same teen-aged redhead that everyone new was involved with Eli.

That's just creepy.

The guy is pushing 3 times her age and was moments away from breaking more than a couple of laws depending on what state you live it.

Eli was 100% correct when he reminded her that she was n someone else's body. But I can overlook that she got carried away and didn't realize the extent of her actions. But Rush new exactly what was going on. Notice how he didn't even slow down when Eli walked in. Rush wanted Eli to see him with his tongue down his girlfriend's throat. Probably as a way to partially get back at him for ruining his secret plans. And possibly to show Eli he was still dominant. For Rush, it was a win/win/win situation. He gets to hook up with the woman he's been mentally attracted to for years, he gets to hook up with the only hottie teenager on board who -isnt- infected by aliens, and he gets to rub it all in Eli's face.

The guy is just creepy.

D

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
          What i noticed was that Rush is on the verge of being a guest on one of those 'To Catch A Predator' specials. How old was that woman he was making out with? 16? 17? And I'm not talking about the smart quadrapalegic scientist. She was in Ginn's body, and although on TV we see the older woman from earth, Rush would've seen the same teen-aged redhead that everyone new was involved with Eli.

That's just creepy.

The guy is pushing 3 times her age and was moments away from breaking more than a couple of laws depending on what state you live it.

Eli was 100% correct when he reminded her that she was n someone else's body. But I can overlook that she got carried away and didn't realize the extent of her actions. But Rush new exactly what was going on. Notice how he didn't even slow down when Eli walked in. Rush wanted Eli to see him with his tongue down his girlfriend's throat. Probably as a way to partially get back at him for ruining his secret plans. And possibly to show Eli he was still dominant. For Rush, it was a win/win/win situation. He gets to hook up with the woman he's been mentally attracted to for years, he gets to hook up with the only hottie teenager on board who -isnt- infected by aliens, and he gets to rub it all in Eli's face.

The guy is just creepy.

D
          Err.. Julie the actress playing Ginn is 30 and Bobby is 49. Assuming that both characters share the actors age, there is no reason to call Chris Hansen. Also I doubt Rush knew about Eli and Ginn, the man is pretty oblivious to anything not ship related. Was it inappropriate, yes but I don't think it was done out of malice.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
            I felt for Rush as Young confronts him about Riley's death, for a moment he looks very guilt ridden and as if he starting to cry in front of Young. Seriously good acting by RC.
            Yeah, the pause he made after admitting that his error caused Riley's death, followed by "I know I made errors." and his sad/guilty expression ...... and my eyes got suddenly wet
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

That's just creepy.

The guy is just creepy.

D
              Sorry can´t agree, both actresses maybe looked younger than they are, but according to imdb Ginn (Julie McNiven) is 30 years old and
              Kathleen Monroe is 28 (I know that exactly because she is only 2 days younger than me) heck, I would love to kiss Robert Carlyle (49). If both are grown ups I see no problem with the age difference. Okay if a 80 year old dates a 20 year old ask me again, that is creepy.
              sigpic

Comment

That's just creepy.

The guy is just creepy.

D
                Didn't Rush say something like "I didn't want to do you before, but now is different"? Lol, so Perry/Wray, hell no, but Perry/Ginn, hell yes? Makes ya wonder... Watch out, Chloe!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  Didn't Rush say something like "I didn't want to do you before, but now is different"? Lol, so Perry/Wray, hell no, but Perry/Ginn, hell yes? Makes ya wonder... Watch out, Chloe!
                  Perry/Wray was very soon after Human and he in fact had just lost his wife over again -so he really was not in the mood ....
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                    Sorry can´t agree, both actresses maybe looked younger than they are, but according to imdb Ginn (Julie McNiven) is 30 years old and
                    Kathleen Monroe is 28 (I know that exactly because she is only 2 days younger than me) heck, I would love to kiss Robert Carlyle (49). If both are grown ups I see no problem with the age difference. Okay if a 80 year old dates a 20 year old ask me again, that is creepy.
                    The actress may be 30, but Ginn's character is definately not 30. She's portrayed as being the same age or younger than Eli. And Eli on the show is what, hovering around 20? And it's clear that Rush's attraction to Perry this time is much different than when the more 'mature' Wray was being used as a host. And as far as 'not being in the mood', he'd just been outed as a liar and had the living crap beaten out of him...not exactly the most romantic of situations. But maybe he just has a thing for young redheads.

And the way Perry looked Guilty after Eli told her to remember not to do the nasty while using someone else's body, it seemingly never crossed Rush's mind. He knew exactly what he was doing.

D

Comment

Even if the character of Ginn is around 20 - so what? It's not like she's being portrayed as a 12 year old. There's nothing criminal here. As for her being Perry at the moment, it's Perry that Rush is fond of and, given the character of Rush, I really doubt the outer appearance matters to him all that much. After all, that love was born long before Perry could be in the body of anyone else. These are all consenting adults and this is fiction in any case. I don't really see what the big foofarah is
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

"Maybe Brody should be driving, no offense."
                        "SHUT UP!"
                        "Okay..."
                        The Good:
                        >Beautiful CGI.
                        >Young isn't magically over his problems, but he's working on it.
                        >Ah! I see the brown aliens are using Narn heavy cruisers!
                        >Eli's shirt. 'You are here', indeed.
                        >Eli got some! AND it gave him some self-confidence! Nice work figuring out what Rush was telling Perry to do, and great work with calculating entry vectors for Rush and Young. Keep that boy WELL stocked in females!
                        >Eli chewing Perry out about the rights concerning using other people's bodies.
                        >Eli ranting at Rush after discovering the duplicity.
                        >Finally! Rush's secret is out! I honestly couldn't take another episode of him somehow magically stringing the others along and Young not putting a tail on his activities.
                        >Rush's attempt to get Dr. Perry to do his bidding was quick thinking, though. Nicely improv'ed.
                        >Young's 'calm' during his fight with Rush.
                        >Rush vs. Young pt 2. Rush: 0, Young: 2.
                        >This is also the second time Rush has tried to convince Young that he's willing to make peace. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, bullets in you.
                        >Chloe and her equations. Give her as little screen time as possible unless the story's about her condition, thanks.
                        >Kino flying over to the brown alien ship. The tether between Destiny and said ship... Very ENT: Divergence.
                        >The great mystery of the ancient Ancients... Very TNG: The Chase. Also quite underwhelming, to be honest. Something this important was just forgotten about by the Ancients? Maybe in the millions of years between Destiny's launch and Atlantis, the Ancients realized that the 'message' was an artifact or just them seeing something that really wasn't there or that ascending to find the answer would be far easier than going to the ends of the universe. Maybe that's why they dropped the project.
                        >So... Is Destiny heading to the 'edge' of the universe or the 'center'? I wonder if they'll find God. Will He need a starship?
                        >I suppose the solar system-building, baby-stealing, 'we hold a grudge because you didn't stay on our planet' god aliens are the 'great makers of the universe'. Yawn. Moving on...
                        >Simeon can wreck two romances: Perry/Rush and Ginn/Eli.
                        >Hopefully, like the kinos having a 'range', the stones will reach their range soon, too.
                        >Towards the end of the show, I was terrified that there'd be an emo music montage. Thankfully, there wasn't.
                        >The doors to the bridge are pretty.
                        >Who attacked the brown aliens? Was it a seeder ship? Was it... something else? Dun dun duuuuuuuun!

The Bad:
                        >Eli barely had one episode with Ginn and now she's... Well, we don't know for certain yet, but still... This could have happened as the lead-in to the mid-season finale.
                        >Very little TJ in this episode.
                        >The scene with Eli going to talk to Chloe seemed out of place, like it should have been between the scene with Rush saying he should be the one to go and the scene with Rush and Young suiting up. I suppose it was done like that to make the reveal of who'd be going with Rush more, "Oh frell! Not the two of them!" Eh. Just seemed off to me.
                        >Every time we see a certain mirror, rest assured that someone using the stones will look into it and realize the true nature of their situation: being in someone else's body via reflection.
                        >Rush is disturbingly good with analyzing alien systems after less than 30 seconds. Fail.
                        >Perry really is just Rush's female dog, ain't she? Geez. Have some back bone. Er... Bad choice of words...

The Ugly:
                        >Honest to goodness, how can Simeon be walking around free?! The amount of incidents he's involved in... Geez! He should still be locked up. Or shot. It's almost as bad as no one following Rush! And his personal guard obviously ain't worth crap.

The Verdict:

>9/10
                        >Greatly good.
                        Last edited by nx01a; 11 November 2010, 10:34 PM.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

ep still awesome after 9 rewatches
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            ep still awesome after 9 rewatches
                            Easy, dude. You'll... sprain something.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              The Ugly:
                              >Honest to goodness, how can Simeon be walking around free?! The amount of incidents he's involved in... Geez! He should still be locked up. Or shot. It's almost as bad as no one following Rush! And his personal guard obviously ain't worth crap.
                              [B]
                              Who is to say Simeon was given free reign by choice? I can can see him overpowering his guards
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                Easy, dude. You'll... sprain something.
                                the joys of having a surgically repaired knee
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X