What Simeon REALLY Said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBN View Post
    How many of us thought from the moment he was cast he was going to be an over the hill psycho a la Prison Break?
    I did, but only because that is almost the exact character he played on Heroes, a lunatic bad guy that even kills his own people, his own brother.
    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see them pick him up as a regular. It would be cool to see him join "Team Rush" as an opposing force to the Young/Greer dynamic. Even up the playing field a bit.

Comment

I got the impression that he's confused even by the concept of teaming up with the Destiny crew. He was obviously left out of the loop with the misinformation thing. (Which is odd considering how long they were locked up together) He doesn't seem to have an agenda though. I get the feeling that he's really just out for himself, almost like a Vala or Ronin, where he's merely perceived as a bad guy because of his situation and his behavior.

Comment

I don't think he's just out for himself, he sounded very loyal to the Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Looked to me like Simeon had assumed that the rest of his people were feeding Earth lies, and he didn't look to happy to realise that they were betraying the Alliance. I wonder if this is going to set up a storyline where he tries to stop them?
            It might be why we see previews of rush going up and shooting him. cause he decides to act to quash what he sees as treason...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              It might be why we see previews of rush going up and shooting him. cause he decides to act to quash what he sees as treason...
              I didn't think the previews showed exactly who Rush was shooting...

Comment

They don't.

Comment

Who knows.

Maby Simeon is a "good" guy but with a bad attitude.

Rush may have shot him to keep some kind of secret (say the bridge or so). Or maby Simeon finds out what Rush is up to.

I think his character is interesting.

First he followed the Keva who was then shot (along with the bald headed dude). The he was booted out for following Varro (I believe). hence he has some form of loyalty or survival. He is then "not-informed" that they are not giving false information.

What could be happening:

The interesting thing thing is that Varro (or some other) may be manipulating him into being the bad guy for some reason (perhaps as he may make a competitive leader to say Varro).

The following events and how they may have been precieved differently:

1. Simeon went into the food area he banged a table (If i am correct? > can someone tell me as i wasn't quight sure) He may just lack social skills with being from a "hostile planet" if that is true. On his planet the culture may be different and banging the table may mean "acknowlege me and/or move up so i can sit down next to you".
                  Then again he may have done it by accident or be heavy handed in general. I believe that in a previous episode that Young said to Wray that they wasn't feeding them properly to save rations to which she objected. Therfore he would be stressed (due to confinment) and fatigued (due to being given limited rations to conserve resources). He was also the first in i believe to interact with the crew in normal conditions. (Maby Varro sent him first).

On the other side he had been locked up for a few weeks in confinment. I assume this would make anyone grumpy. (Then again he may be testing peoples reactions).

2. Varro says that Simeon comes from a "hostile" planet to the stargate universe crew. Which implies that he is aggressive, violent and a trouble maker. This "watch your back with Simeon" by Varro will make it to "reinforce" to the stargate universe crew that he is "aggresive, violent and a trouble maker." And with his "potential" lack of social skills this will compound itself as he struggles to fit in. Isolating him from any "friendships" which he will now have trouble making.

3. Greer has took an instant disliking to him; for Simeon being assaulted, threatened and pushed around and generally having his freedom restricted and constalty told what he can or can not do will build up his anger and make him feel helpless and wanting to fight back as what he may see as unfair treatment. Young also seems to show preferential treatment to certain members of the Lucian Aliance and not others.

4. Damn didn't save my forth part clicked the wrong thing :/ so condenced version

Varro didn't tell Simeon about the truth that they were fully co-operating with the stargete universe crew. Varro and the rest were telling the truth and Simeon was not (standard Lucian Alliance Procedure perhaps). This makes Simeon look like a liar and untrust worthy in comparison to everyone else. This was most likley deliberate (as they were all in the same place and could not go anywhere else for an extended period of time).

On a side note Varro is also trying to make Johanson (the medic) seem sympathetic to him; thanking him for helping him when he was shot, he also seems to be telling sob stories about his family; wife and kids knowing that she has just "lost" her child making her more sympathetic. In fact he could be emotionally manipulating her; since she is the only one with any real medic experties (Young or anyone else won't be sympathetic to him; afterall he was part of a joint force which tryed to get rid of them) she would be useful to have on his side if there was a conflict between him and Simeon.

He was also quick to "co-operate" with young when booted off the planet which is fair enough for survival; however this may be because he knows that the bald dude would have killed him if he stepped out of line or unable to manipulate him. With young being more emotionally stable he could manipulate him better than the Lucian Alliance leader who neally got everyone killed. He keeps bringing it up to young that he was kicked off the ship due to his wanting to "help" them - it could have been something completely different - e.g he tryed to take over and failed, or perhaps he knew he was going to get back due to Ginn and then sort it out from there as he has effectivly eliminated all the other potential Lucian Alliance Leaders on the ship, and the only other "strong independant" (and potential leadership) personality is Simeon; who seems more loyal to the Lucian Alliance than Varro does.

I believe that Varro wants the "godlike power" than Ginn mentioned for himself. Where as Simeon may be loyal enough to send it back to the big Lucian Alliance leader back in the Milky way.
                  Last edited by *Crash*; 21 October 2010, 01:36 PM.
                  I Have Information...

Comment

Originally posted by *Crash* View Post
                    1. Simeon went into the food area he banged a table (If i am correct? > can someone tell me as i wasn't quight sure) He may just lack social skills with being from a "hostile planet" if that is true. On his planet the culture may be different and banging the table may mean "acknowlege me and/or move up so i can sit down next to you".
                    He whispered something offensive into Park's ear. The table bang was Volker and Brody suddenly sitting up to defend her.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                      He whispered something offensive into Park's ear. The table bang was Volker and Brody suddenly sitting up to defend her.
                      Thanks. Its been bugging me for a while what happened.
                      I Have Information...

Comment

After what happened in this episode, I can't wait to see what TPTB choose to do with Simeon. What path will he choose?
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Door A) head butt o doom from young
                          Door B) Rush whakking away with pipes!

Decisions decisions..

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

My Name Is Scott writes: “One question… what did Simeon say to Dr. Park?”

Answer: In the scene you’re referring to, Simeon walks up to Dr. Park and whispers something in her ears, eliciting a horrified respond from her and causing everyone around her to leap up and confront Simeon. The script never specified what, exactly, he whispers to her so we were curious to see what Robert Knepper would come up with. Would he mumble something incomprehensible or would he actually offer up something offensive and egregious in a bid to remain in loathsome character? Which would it be? As it turned out, neither. On the day, the director yelled “Action!”. Simeon spots Park sitting a table, walks up, leans in and silently whispers: “Try the carrots!”.
                            So Volker obviously has something against orange vegetables! Or was it perhaps an euphemism?
                            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Simeon is a monster. That is all
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Perhaps he was concerned about Dr Parks' eyesight? That would make him an optometrist not a monster
                                Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Working...
                                X