TJ's trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nono.

the pulsar rotates fast in a normal fashion. that creates a constant spray of radiation.

however the pulsar rotates around a White Dwarf, and every hour or so, it passes close to the Dwarf, tears of a ton of gas and emits a powerful beam of radiation. it's this beam that's deadly

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
      If the aliens are powerful enough to transport her child across the universe, then surely they can conjure up a fake baby corpse

The nebula at the end really killed TJs trip for me though, I would have rather it been more open-ended instead of being as clear-cut as it seems to be. Guess we'll find out later
      i think it was nice, but it would be some much better if she hadnt seen it, but we see a scene with eli,rush or anyone that says that they past a nebula

And also remeber that caine says that they wouldnt belive her since what they sow was diffrent, so i guess they acsended, since the light was very firmliry with our prevoius encounter with gate builders.
      just when daniel died
      now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

I think that the friends TJ saw in her out of body experience were not them, but were really ascended beings who used that as a disguise. I also think that the baby will be used in later episodes like in SG-1 with that ascended child that Oma was protecting.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Reminiscent of the one Carter was stuck in in 'Grace...' Yup. Couldn't miss it.
          I agree. And apparently, they like to chat with blondes while they are asleep

Spoiler:

So, what are these nebulas? Are they the physical manifestation of the Obelisk Builders in the lower planes of existence?
          Last edited by Stormtrooper; 30 September 2010, 05:18 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think Destiny had some fancy pregnancy equipment, so without ultrasound TJ couldn't have known that the baby was a girl. Then again, there's 50-50 change of hallucinating the right gender.
            sigpic

Comment

I see posts that mention the Grace aliens and the Ancients (And the fecking Furlings on another thread), and I just gotta say... Maybe, shockingly, these guys aren't someone we've met before SGU came around.

Just. Frelling. Sayin'.

Also:

And can I add how much I loved Wray in this episode?
              Yeah, she was pretty great - low key, being the emotional anchor. Good for her.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Yeah, she was pretty great - low key, being the emotional anchor. Good for her.
                It's the emotional side of her I liked. That, and how she acted when Scott and Greer came to the infirmary.
                sigpic

Comment

I like the fact that it is left ambiguous, if TJ's experience was real or not, and if, in what sense. Her body never left the ship, yet the nebula indicates it was real in some way. Time will tell which is true

Spoiler:

Judging from the picture, I believe the Obelisk Aliens transported the planet / solar system to the new galaxy (nebula in the sky), and that Destiny will run across it. That would also solve the shuttle problem. But this is, of course, pure speculation
                  sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Aliens! It'd be even more sick if and when TJ meets up with her child, the baby has grown several years. Magic.. aka time dilation.

Comment

Maybe this advanced race retro-fits a shuttle to make it able to get back to the destiny!
                      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                        I like the fact that it is left ambiguous, if TJ's experience was real or not, and if, in what sense. Her body never left the ship, yet the nebula indicates it was real in some way. Time will tell which is true

Spoiler:

Judging from the picture, I believe the Obelisk Aliens transported the planet / solar system to the new galaxy (nebula in the sky), and that Destiny will run across it. That would also solve the shuttle problem. But this is, of course, pure speculation
                        Where is that pic from, if you don't mind my asking?
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                          I think that the friends TJ saw in her out of body experience were not them, but were really ascended beings who used that as a disguise. I also think that the baby will be used in later episodes like in SG-1 with that ascended child that Oma was protecting.
                          Oh God I hope not.

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                          Aliens! It'd be even more sick if and when TJ meets up with her child, the baby has grown several years. Magic.. aka time dilation.
                          She'd better not meet up with the kid at all. She's dead. I hope they leave that be and let the adults suffer the emotional ramifications by themselves.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I don't think TJ , a medical officer can deny the physical existance her baby's physical dead body.
                            But i think she must expect the Planet builder Alien save the mind(soul) of her baby.

Who is to say ,what happen wasn't real in certain of of view.

The planet Builder is "God"
                            Her baby is with Planet Builder (With god in haven wiiting for her )
                            Last edited by ckwongau; 29 September 2010, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Where is that pic from, if you don't mind my asking?
                              Of course not It's from the most recent season 2 trailer, about 2 minutes and 2 seconds in.
                              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

When people say things like "it couldn't have physically happened, because she never left the ship," my first reaction is to ask "why not?"

Considering we're dealing with beings that created a solar system and then (potentially) conjured up a settlement for some humans to live with, and seem to communicate with them psychically. I'd say it's entirely possible that they could have created a convincing rendition of fetal remains, as well as pulled TJ and the real baby outside the normal flow of time/space to give her a chance to say goodbye to her. Or it was just her mind that was sent across space to the Faith planet, inserted into a host (whether it be real or created), and only the child ever left Destiny.

Given what we know of the Faith beings, any of these ideas is perfectly believable to me. And it seems fairly clear to me that the writers at least wanted us to wonder about the possibilities of the child surviving elsewhere, if not just simply accepting the idea that she is. Of course, we'll probably get a clearer answer to this pretty soon...

I don't judge it to be a cop-out because it serves the thematic purposes of showing the dynamics of faith. And whether the baby's alive or not, there's no doubting that people are going to mourn its loss. There's a dramatic toll that is taken. In a way, you could say that this is the writers having their cake and eating it too. I was advocating going for the miscarriage idea pretty much as soon as we knew TJ was pregnant, and people were worried that a child would mess up the flow of the show. So the writers split the difference, by removing the child and leaving it a mystery as to whether or not it was truly killed, but the loss is still very real for everyone on the ship.

Whether or not it's actually dead, as far as the crew is concerned, it really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X