TJ's trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
    Seriously, did so many people really miss that F-ing ginormous nebula?
    Reminiscent of the one Carter was stuck in in 'Grace...' Yup. Couldn't miss it.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

well, we know only one race capable of doinh such things. So it's either the ascended beings or even a powerful race.

and that nebula in the beginning\end? I guess it was a way how to tell TJ her daughter is ok
      Last edited by g.o.d; 29 September 2010, 08:19 AM.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Or a conniving means of playing on TJ's maternal feelings by making her think that there is a chance that her baby is alive? Id put nothing past those pesky planet builders.
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

What about the fact that the baby must have a corpse that Dr. Brightman and the other doctors removed? It couldn't have just disappeared.

Comment

TJ's trip was real. I'm pretty sure she was with ascended Ancients. Destiniy is not the first Ancient ship to pass through that particular galaxy. It is possible that those Ancients ascended eons ago. I dont think that all ascended beings occupy the same realm, that is why they do not interact in a way as the
            Ancients we are familiar with. The Ori did not occupy the same realm as the Ancients.

Comment

Her trip was real! The beings are Ancients, just not the ones we are familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Byakuya Truelight View Post
                What about the fact that the baby must have a corpse that Dr. Brightman and the other doctors removed? It couldn't have just disappeared.
                Franklin just disappeared. Anything is possible. Perhaps Becker used it in his cooking?
                Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

If the aliens are powerful enough to transport her child across the universe, then surely they can conjure up a fake baby corpse

The nebula at the end really killed TJs trip for me though, I would have rather it been more open-ended instead of being as clear-cut as it seems to be. Guess we'll find out later

Comment

I get the feeling that there are ascended beings (not the Ancients) involved here. It kind of struck me as similar to the time Daniel was quasi-ascended after Replicarter killed him.

Comment

it was a very interesting, stargate way of doing things.

she wasn't physically gone. but yet that nebula proves it wasn't pure illusion either.

there are many things in RL that we can't understand. people with Out of Body experiences, who see things that they realistically shouldn't see.

one person had a OOB experience, saw a shoe on the roof. somebody went to check and discovered, out of sight for the patient and it had never been in the patient's sight, a shoe in the place described, exactly the same as described.

so it's still fully realistic.

as to the nebula:

it's identical. from any other point in the galaxy, it would look different

Comment

You guys have already mentioned what I was thinking: is there a dead fetus here that TJ can see? Or did it mysteriously disappear? I think having no mention of the remains is annoying - the writers are leaving out something important.
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Not related to TJ's dream but Chloe was magically healed which could of been the same people who transported TJ.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                            You guys have already mentioned what I was thinking: is there a dead fetus here that TJ can see? Or did it mysteriously disappear? I think having no mention of the remains is annoying - the writers are leaving out something important.
                            I'm thinking there had to be (a body) given the way that Camille and everyone else has reacted. Camille in particular had to have seen it-a doctor removed it. The mystery planet with the savior aliens remains just that and may just give TJ the strength and "Faith" she needs now.
                            SGU fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by mere earthling View Post
                              I'm thinking there had to be (a body) given the way that Camille and everyone else has reacted.
                              That makes sense, I think you're right.

And can I add how much I loved Wray in this episode?
                              sigpic

Comment

Come on guys, the nebula doesn't technically prove the dream was anything more than a dream.

She hallucinates a nebula that she associates with her baby being okay. Then she sees a nebula in real life. Are they the same? The appear identical, but that only confirms that she THINKS they are identical.

The nebula in the dream could have looked completely different, but she matched the two because she wants to believe that the baby is okay.

That being said, I think the writers do have aliens living in the nebula. And, is any one else disappointed that the "pulsar" rotates once every couple of hours? Those puppys rotate a couple times a second! That is how they even see the nebula after they leave it; the pulsar illuminates matter that was sprayed from a long ago supernova.

Maybe there is a gravity well that caused the slow rotation? The doctors would have only been gone from Earth for a couple seconds to do all of their work.

Comment

Working...
                                X