This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    1.175 million. Not a good number at all, but at least they have nine episodes to get it back up to a decent mid-point. /optimism
    I don't seem to remember anyone contacting me and determine if I was watching the episode. They need to add one more to the number.

Comment

Originally posted by TENTHIUS View Post
      So here are my thoughts about "Intervention...

I decided not to read spoilers this season and it turns out to be a good decision. I admit I've seen both Syfy and MGM trailer but this episode still managed to suprise me. Solution of Incursion cliffhangers were solid and even if I think that they could deal with Greer & Scott one later to keep us excited, I can live with this all-in-one-minute solution.
      Solutions of Incursion cliffhangers were absolutely lousy.

Greer+Scott solution was so in-your-face unimaginative I actually cringed. They ran to the other side of the ship? That's supposed to be the solution of an edge-of-your-seat two-main-characters-about-to-die cliffhanger?

Rush vs. Lucian Alliance standoff was handled better, but the build-up for the resolution was absolutely lacking. I expected to see the Alliance actually divided over this, to the point of a Tarantino-esque scene with everybody pointing guns and everybody or something, but the tiniest girl in the Alliance shooting the big evil guy and automatically earning the obedience of everybody else? Sorry, not buying.

And what was the point of the entire sequence of sending the Destiny crew to the thunderstorm planet, only to bring them right back unscathed in the same very episode?
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Solutions of Incursion cliffhangers were absolutely lousy.
        In YOUR opinion..

Greer+Scott solution was so in-your-face unimaginative I actually cringed. They ran to the other side of the ship? That's supposed to be the solution of an edge-of-your-seat two-main-characters-about-to-die cliffhanger?
        IMO I thought it was cleaver and risky.. they didn't know for sure that the hull would protect them and they took a chance. Really when you are on the outside of a spaceship there aren't much options. It was either that or they make it to the hatch in the nick of time now that would have been boring and unimaginative!

but the tiniest girl in the Alliance shooting the big evil guy and automatically earning the obedience of everybody else? Sorry, not buying.
        For me that was the jaw dropping moment in the episode! I mean you would never expect a quiet little scientist girl to up right come out and shoot the crazy leader! Dude I would be scared of her after that!

And what was the point of the entire sequence of sending the Destiny crew to the thunderstorm planet, only to bring them right back unscathed in the same very episode?
        Well technically they were planning on being stranded there before Rush took back the ship, but basically it was a plot telling device it helped in Rushes plan to get the ship back.

(I know these are your opinions and I respect that.. I am just giving you another way to look at it.)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
          I agree with you Phenom I would prefer more new alien races, world exploration and new things about Destiny.. but like you I am going to keep at it. The show isn't bad now, just could be better if those things were added.
          I agree with your thoughts. Here is a few more. If SGU is going to have a chance at season 3 they need to add some of the formulas that worked with other stargate episodes. It can't be that all those planets are just rocks with no life. The writers have GOT to write in some alien encounters (not every episode), Destiny's true mission, The LA stole Gou'ld technology, why didn't they bring Zat Guns? Destiny has weapons, shouldn't there be an armory on board, find the darn "Bridge". Have the episodes talk about gradual repairs to weapons systems and power capacities. 30% capacity is what number I remember.

Destiny as Ginn now as another scientist and maybe a few of the LA people have skills to beef up Destiny. Keep the action going. No more background stuff except for TJ, maybe, maybe, maybe but prefer not, Brody, Parker and Volker. Enough of Sharon (Wray's girlfriend, we got it!!) Bring Amanda Perry back or Carter for FTL drive help. We need a couple more cross overs.

There are 3 landing areas/docks for shuttles, one landing area is vacant, one had a damaged shuttle that is now on the obelisk planet (Faith) and it looks from the previews they are crashing their last shuttle. They need shuttles so there will have to be a story written in to find more shuttles. Either like SGA finding more shuttles & drones, SGU finds another Destiny type ship or seeder ship that can be stripped or a shuttle bay on Destiny with extra shuttles.

Start getting the military and crew bonding together for a purpose (not just jogging around the ship). Stop sending everyone to their quarters at the slightest bit of trouble and train civilians to do specific tasks. If I were on that ship being in the wrong place and the wrong time I would want to have a task and be productive as a team to get everyone home. Young, said that everyone would have to step up but it is not reflecting with a lot of the civilians during season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
            I agree with your thoughts. Here is a few more. If SGU is going to have a chance at season 3 they need to add some of the formulas that worked with other stargate episodes. It can't be that all those planets are just rocks with no life. The writers have GOT to write in some alien encounters (not every episode), Destiny's true mission, The LA stole Gou'ld technology, why didn't they bring Zat Guns? Destiny has weapons, shouldn't there be an armory on board, find the darn "Bridge". Have the episodes talk about gradual repairs to weapons systems and power capacities. 30% capacity is what number I remember.
            I agree more alien encouters is needed and according to Wright Destiny's true mission will be revealed this season. As to why they didn't bring Zats I read an interview with Wright that they don't like to crossover weapons.. SGA didn't bring them. (The only time we see a Zat on SGA I believe is Midway)
            Spoiler:
            And rush is going to find the bridge in next weeks ep Aftermath
            (Aftermath spoilers) And the power is only at 40% of it's capacity.

Destiny as Ginn now as another scientist and maybe a few of the LA people have skills to beef up Destiny. Keep the action going. No more background stuff except for TJ, maybe, maybe, maybe but prefer not, Brody, Parker and Volker. Enough of Sharon (Wray's girlfriend, we got it!!) Bring Amanda Perry back or Carter for FTL drive help. We need a couple more cross overs.

There are 3 landing areas/docks for shuttles, one landing area is vacant, one had a damaged shuttle that is now on the obelisk planet (Faith) and it looks from the previews they are crashing their last shuttle. They need shuttles so there will have to be a story written in to find more shuttles. Either like SGA finding more shuttles & drones, SGU finds another Destiny type ship or seeder ship that can be stripped or a shuttle bay on Destiny with extra shuttles.

Start getting the military and crew bonding together for a purpose (not just jogging around the ship). Stop sending everyone to their quarters at the slightest bit of trouble and train civilians to do specific tasks. If I were on that ship being in the wrong place and the wrong time I would want to have a task and be productive as a team to get everyone home. Young, said that everyone would have to step up but it is not reflecting with a lot of the civilians during season 1.
            I totally agree with you with everything you said!
            sigpic

Comment

First of all
              Spoiler:
              They might be going to get another shuttle when they encounter the seeder sheep, they have 3 types of aliens this season(including the smurfs), a crossover with Atlantis, they are going to find the bridge and reveal Destiny's mission, Amanda Perry is coming back and i saw on this forum some very interesting hand-held weapons that could be ancient

Second of all
              Start getting the military and crew bonding together for a purpose/ Enough of Sharon (Wray's girlfriend, we got it!!
              I soooo agree with this, that lesbian thing they have going is boring as hell and the distrust between them is far too great considering the circumstances. When people are faced with the unknown they bond, not the other way around, or at least not to this magnitude.
              "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

The LA stole Gou'ld technology, why didn't they bring Zat Guns?
                They don't use Zats, and haven't since they first appear. They've always used guns.

To the rest, that's essentially stripping away anything that makes this show unique.

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
                  First of all
                  Spoiler:
                  They might be going to get another shuttle when they encounter the seeder sheep, they have 3 types of aliens this season(including the smurfs), a crossover with Atlantis, they are going to find the bridge and reveal Destiny's mission, Amanda Perry is coming back and i saw on this forum some very interesting hand-held weapons that could be ancient

Second of all I soooo agree with this, that lesbian thing they have going is boring as hell and the distrust between them is far too great considering the circumstances. When people are faced with the unknown they bond, not the other way around, or at least not to this magnitude.
                  Really?? Is there spoilers somewhere where you learned the info?

Comment

The trailer and Mallozzi's blog have lots of spoilers.

Comment

They don't use Zats, and haven't since they first appear. They've always used guns.

To the rest, that's essentially stripping away anything that makes this show unique.
                      I guess that I didn't notice that during the SG1 series. I will have to go back and revisit those episodes. I understand the uniqueness angle but wouldn't that include not writing in the LA?

Assuming the supplies brought through the gate by the LA includes ammunition it will eventually run out. It seems logical that some kind of hand held weapons come onto the scene. Goes back to my theory that there has to be an armory on board.

Comment

There are articles on the GW main site that few touch these topics.
                        sigpic

Comment

The trailer and Mallozzi's blog have lots of spoilers.
                          How do you get to his blog? Maybe you should put that info in the "spoiler tag" in case others do not want to be tempted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                            I agree more alien encouters is needed and according to Wright Destiny's true mission will be revealed this season. As to why they didn't bring Zats I read an interview with Wright that they don't like to crossover weapons.. SGA didn't bring them. (The only time we see a Zat on SGA I believe is Midway)
                            Spoiler:
                            And rush is going to find the bridge in next weeks ep Aftermath
                            (Aftermath spoilers) And the power is only at 40% of it's capacity.

I totally agree with you with everything you said!
                            So,

Spoiler:
                            the preview for next week showing Rush's late wife talking about the master codes and not telling anyone is going to end up being the bridge

Comment

How do you get to his blog? Maybe you should put that info in the "spoiler tag" in case others do not want to be tempted to know.
                              It's really fairly common knowledge, especially the trailer (which you should have seen if you even casually watch Syfy). Plus, it isn't a spoiler in itself. Tagging it would be unnecessary.

Oh, blog link. It's a mess trying to find the spoilers in that, though.

So,

Spoiler:
                              the preview for next week showing Rush's late wife talking about the master codes and not telling anyone is going to end up being the bridge
                              Yes.
                              Last edited by morbosfist; 01 October 2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

So,

Spoiler:
                                yep sure is!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X