This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

As for TJ, if it had been me, I would have wanted to know if I had imagined all that, or if it was real. One way to tell would have been the baby. If it was real, and we still saw the corpse (well, not directly on screen, but having evidence that TJ saw it), it certainly would make things more interesting if Caine and the others do return to the ship somehow with a baby. At any rate, that's why it is a plot hole. It's a point of a plot where there is a big hole.
    It's not, by any definition of the term "plot hole", a plot hole that they didn't show her asking to see her dead baby. Besides, even if she did see the dead baby, Caine told her that what they saw on the ship was "different", meaning that the TJ and baby that were brought to the planet (if indeed that happened) were not the physical TJ and baby on the ship - otherwise, TJ wouldn't have been lying in the infirmary the whole time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      It's not, by any definition of the term "plot hole", a plot hole that they didn't show her asking to see her dead baby. Besides, even if she did see the dead baby, Caine told her that what they saw on the ship was "different", meaning that the TJ and baby that were brought to the planet (if indeed that happened) were not the physical TJ and baby on the ship - otherwise, TJ wouldn't have been lying in the infirmary the whole time.
      Maybe it´s a way for TJ consciousness to deal with the death of the bay, or if some alien´s did do that, it could have something to do with space and time? Hopefully it was not just a cheap story devise to deal with the pregnancy story, like they did in SGA.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
        Maybe it´s a way for TJ consciousness to deal with the death of the bay, or if some alien´s did do that, it could have something to do with space and time? Hopefully it was not just a cheap story devise to deal with the pregnancy story, like they did in SGA.
        I love not having it spelled out for sure.
        sigpic

Comment

This is exactly what the show needed...a good kick in the pants and some great sci-fi elements. The TJ storyline is exactly what the show really needed...more alien interaction.
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Great season premiere, I think I´ll give it 8/10.

Like:

-The planet with the violent weather
            -Rush being pragmatic as ever
            -Scott and Greer´s mission to take the ship back
            -Young try´s to kill that Dannic guy
            -Dead Kiva
            -The Read Hair shoot the LA guy
            -Rush save´s the day
            -Good mix between drama, action and mystery
            -Usual great performance from all the leads
            -Chloe´s mysterious healing
            -TJ´s baby storyline (like and dislike it)
            -I love the music montage at the end and the song was amazing!

Dislike:

-The TJ storyline takes out the overall fast pace for the episode (although I like the mysterious side of it)
            -No one dies, at least no one we care about.
            -They should have kill Telford, let´s see how that will work out.
            -The Dannic guy was way to typically bad
            That seems like a cop out to me. I want to see how they deal with Young/ Telford leadership issues. They are both of equal military authority. Or how Greer and Telford clash now that he isn't brainwashed
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Bloody excellent More intelligent ramblings later...
              sigpic

Comment

Like:

-The planet with the violent weather
                -Rush being pragmatic as ever
                -Scott and Greer´s mission to take the ship back
                -Young try´s to kill that Dannic guy
                -Dead Kiva
                -Rush save´s the day
                -Good mix between drama, action and mystery
                -Usual great performance from all the leads
                -Chloe´s mysterious healing
                -TJ´s baby storyline (like and dislike it)
                -I love the music montage at the end and the song was amazing!
                I can think of one "like" you left out!
                sigpic

Comment

Were Rush and the others still welded behind the door of the Hydroponics Lab when Young and the others returned? I can't remember.
                  sigpic

Comment

Overall I really enjoyed it, Rush taking back the ship was awesome, great to see brains triumph over brawn.

Good mix of action and some new mysteries thrown in, I'm especially intrigued by the Chloe healing thing.

I didn't watch any SG1 with the Lucian Alliance so can only go by what I've seen in SGU but I think there are some promising new characters amongst them plus I really want to know why they want Destiny so badly...what do they know that we don't?

Personally I thought the TJ baby thing was handled quite well and I usually hate super powerful alien/guardian angel intervenes to save the day stories. In fact at the end when TJ is looking at the nebula on the ship & you watch her realise that maybe it wasn't a dream and maybe her child really is safe and alive, I was actually quite moved..I thought it was played wonderfully well by the actress too.
                    Last edited by kudra; 29 September 2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                      Were Rush and the others still welded behind the door of the Hydroponics Lab when Young and the others returned? I can't remember.
                      Nope, when Scott was saying to Young "their is something you have to know sir", we see Rush in the background.
                      sigpic

Comment

i liked it, definetly more like the other shows. i liked all the action and supense. also that tj's thing (dream?) turned out not to be a waste of time, but the thing at the end. over all great ep, i hope the rest of the season will follow it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Like:

That was one of my favorite parts. I was like "And that's why you don't put your hands on a woman...she will shoot you!!!"

Something small, but I really liked the way Greer and James bumped knuckles when she came back through the gate. It was a nice nod to their friendship.
                          Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I liked it, one of the best eps of the series imo. Robert Knepper was great as Simeon. also once again Scott and Greer make a great team. dealing with the Lucian Alliance prisoners should be interesting, I guess we'll find out in next week's ep. hopefully it won't be as easy as integrating the Maquis into the Voyager crew. also loved the music they used at the end, awesome song. the only bad thing about this ep was TJ's storyline, totally boring imo. anyway this was a cool season premiere and I'm looking forward to Aftermath
                            Last edited by Jumper_One; 29 September 2010, 01:05 PM.
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                              Having said that, I thought it was average, maybe a bit below average. It did the job it needed to, but it just felt a bit off in a few places. TJ not asking about her baby, not seeing a discussion with the captured LA, the horrid ending song, Dannic being too comically evil to take seriously thus tossing my sense of belief out the window, Scott and Greer suddenly being invincible despite a whole team getting wtfpwned in the S1 season finale.... I think I've covered my pet peeves. I would have liked those things to have been handled better.
                              -TJ did not need to be informed of her baby, waking up with a flat belly and camille tearing up is kinda a giveaway... the poignance in that scene is precisely that she doesn't have to ask... also you're assuming the aliens "cut and pasted" the baby onto the planet, who is to say they didn't "copy and paste" it (with one version ending up dead and the other alive)?
                              -the way the LA will deal with their own little intrigues will I imagine be the stuff of future story lines with drawing lines and divide and conquer type of motives I'm sure, the seeds have been sown and it's not something that really needs to be dwelled upon deeply in this episode.
                              -horrid ending song = subjective, I liked it a lot + the background music throughout the episode was of a high standard (e.g. the bell tolling when they step through the gate and stuff, quite nice)
                              -Dannic's attitude was exactly the same as Kiva, makes sense a lot of the LA crew would back him up initially, Kiva was acting just the same when the pulsar was discovered and she would have been shot too in a similar situation. Yes they both were somewhat cheesy, stereotypical over the top bad guys but in a good way. The goa'uld and wraith were also kinda stereotypical bad guys in their own right mind you.
                              -a lot of LA were wounded. The LA also got the jump on the earth crew through their door opener. Plus the LA was combing the ship in many small teams. I felt it was pretty realistic for once (as opposed to many an SGA scenes where the hallway chases were often quite absurdl), they were able to evade the small teams due to luck/large ship/superior knowledge of the environment and got the jump on a small security detail guarding two harmles prisoners, then they get pinned down by a nearby larger security detail and get into an untennable position.
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

When Varo enquires about TJ, Dr Brightman says something along the lines of "The baby's heartrate is dangerously low, we may have to take it out prematurely, right now theres no garuntee that either of them will survive."
                                Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Working...
                                X