This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    It's really fairly common knowledge, especially the trailer (which you should have seen if you even casually watch Syfy). Plus, it isn't a spoiler in itself. Tagging it would be unnecessary.

Oh, blog link. It's a mess trying to find the spoilers in that, though.

Yes.
    My TV is on SYFY channel 70% of the time. I would call myself, well a scifi nut. The thing about trailers is that most are showing one thing but ends up being something else. You can't always trust what you see or hear with previews/trailers. I usually try to stay away from spoilers and try to figure things out. But, it is sooo tempting. Thanks for the url. I will have to check it out now. I would assume that Mazzolli would at least keep us intrigued but not divulge the storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
      yep sure is!
      Cool, It took long enough. I guess that Rush will still think Young is burned out and not want him to have control of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
        Cool, It took long enough. I guess that Rush will still think Young is burned out and not want him to have control of the ship.
        of course he won't he thinks Young isn't fit for command (which IMHO I agree)
        sigpic

Comment

of course he won't he thinks Young isn't fit for command (which IMHO I agree)
          That will eventually have to change. I am guessing that after a few episodes that Young will start coming around and be the leader that the fans want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            Solutions of Incursion cliffhangers were absolutely lousy.

Greer+Scott solution was so in-your-face unimaginative I actually cringed. They ran to the other side of the ship? That's supposed to be the solution of an edge-of-your-seat two-main-characters-about-to-die cliffhanger?

Rush vs. Lucian Alliance standoff was handled better, but the build-up for the resolution was absolutely lacking. I expected to see the Alliance actually divided over this, to the point of a Tarantino-esque scene with everybody pointing guns and everybody or something, but the tiniest girl in the Alliance shooting the big evil guy and automatically earning the obedience of everybody else? Sorry, not buying.

And what was the point of the entire sequence of sending the Destiny crew to the thunderstorm planet, only to bring them right back unscathed in the same very episode?
            Agreed. The writers create no-win scenarios in one episode and in the next the scenarios are suddenly winnable. What is that if not cheating?
            sigpic

Comment

An apparently hopeless situation is not a no-win scenario. A no-win scenario would be something like the Lucian Alliance actually shooting them last season, or Scott and Greer being visibly hit by the radiation burst.

Comment

IMO I thought it was cleaver and risky.. they didn't know for sure that the hull would protect them and they took a chance. Really when you are on the outside of a spaceship there aren't much options. It was either that or they make it to the hatch in the nick of time now that would have been boring and unimaginative!
                Quick comment to that: Was there any visual on how close to the "edge" of the ship Greer & Scott were being? Cause it was established that they could reach the hatch in the nick of time, if they were fast enough. But going all around a spaceship (do we know how many decks the thing actually has?) seems a bit more time consuming. It's kind of a point where our minimum knowledge about Destiny perpetuates arguments about how realistic a certain on- screen solution seems to be, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelara View Post
                  Quick comment to that: Was there any visual on how close to the "edge" of the ship Greer & Scott were being? Cause it was established that they could reach the hatch in the nick of time, if they were fast enough. But going all around a spaceship (do we know how many decks the thing actually has?) seems a bit more time consuming. It's kind of a point where our minimum knowledge about Destiny perpetuates arguments about how realistic a certain on- screen solution seems to be, imho.
                  They weren't far under in Intervention, and in Incursion they were on the side of the ship, not the top, so they wouldn't have had far to go to get underneath. Tried to get some caps, but it was a bit dark. Maybe GW caps gallery can help?
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                    That will eventually have to change. I am guessing that after a few episodes that Young will start coming around and be the leader that the fans want to see.
                    Why would it have to change. why not have rush in charge of the ship...

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                      Or maybe she actually doesn't want to see the baby's body because in her mind, as long as she doesn't see the body then the baby is alive and safe on that planet. Regardless of whether it really happened or if it was all a dream, it's her way of coping with the trauma of what happened and she doesn't want to do anything that might threaten her belief that the baby is still alive somewhere.
                      If we were shown that, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. They needed to deal with it somehow, and didn't. Also, the LA wouldn't care about what was done with a dead baby.

Comment

I have to say that was a much stronger episode than the season finale. The horrible caricature of the bad guy (Kiva) was killed. Some of the Lucian Alliance people actually demonstrated a desire to do something other than kill everyone around them. Young was shown to be a truly impotent and indecisive (and possibly senile) leader. Rush proved that when dealing with ruthless and crazy people, your only option is to out crazy and out ruthless them.

Someone finally got a clue, and started welding doors shut (that only took 15 hours of super computer time, and a team of international scientists for them to figure out). There might be hope for this show after all. I think it is pretty clear that Rush is going to be taking over the command, as he actually understands what needs to be done, and that sometimes, you have to send someone in to die, so that others can live.

I cannot think of anything in fact, that was weak about this episode. Everything played out plausibly, characters performed as expected. It also had some strong scenes with really good elements that left me guessing and wanting more.

What the heck was it about that room Chloe took a nap in (is that really Chloe?)? What is up with that planet, and the nebula? Some really good "Azimovy" science fiction elements to this episode. They posed some deep questions there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelara View Post
                          The airlock was at the other end of the ship, getting to the underside is a significantly shorter distance.

Comment

Intervention aired in Canada last night so I finally got to watch it, woohoo! I thought it was great and, like any good story should do, opened up a whole bunch of questions to look forward to in the eps to come. I won't say a lot about it yet as I intend to write a larger review over the weekend but I was quite pleased with it.
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              They weren't far under in Intervention, and in Incursion they were on the side of the ship, not the top, so they wouldn't have had far to go to get underneath. Tried to get some caps, but it was a bit dark. Maybe GW caps gallery can help?
                              Hey, thanks for the pictures! They look pretty much in the ship shadow there anyway... so basically, they might have just been ducking under the next best sturdy looking structure.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Why would it have to change. why not have rush in charge of the ship...
                                My thoughts are that Rush is only interested in Destiny. He is not interested in the day to day stuff that Young and Wray are doing with the crew. Being in charge means handling disputes, HR stuff from Wray, infirmary needs, psych evals, inventory, constantly updating & reporting to the SGC, picking off world teams and the list goes on. Rush only wants to control the ship itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X