This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globex View Post
    I was expecting to start where it left off,and where it was left off was pretty decent.Instead got this crap.
    It did start where it left off

Comment

Well some people( me and others ) will be upset if you atack something that i ( we ) like , it's like telling Starbuck that the mark 2 viper have bad engine .
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by fluxcapacitor View Post
        Varro clearly stated there was some specific reason the LA wanted the ship. I am VERY interested in what that is. It's been said many times before, these people would not have volunteered for a one-way trip if there was not a good reason. Cannot wait for their motivation to be hashed out in episodes to come!
        Maybe the LA found a database showing what its true mission was.. and that place was the same one they got those door openers from. BUT i do agree it is making me interested in what it is..

I also wonder how the LA were so easily able to get the doctors on board via the stones to save Telford, TJ, and the others, I didn't think HWS would so quickly agree to the LA's demands considering O'Neill's stance last season.
        Most likely cause the situation was vastly different; the la now being in somewhat control of the systems, the crew being in their custody....

Actually there is no evidence either way. Everyone is just assuming that after this length of time they will never show up. I
        Being one of the main writers have said we won't see them, that is good for me.

He did however miss a possible way out by leaving the Destiny through the Stargate and coming back when the radiation had passed. Of course I have no idea how long the radiation lasts or what not, but that could have been on the table.
        Do they know how to get back though? And what of Rush and co now being the sole people on the ship. If they LET the LA people back, who is to say they would not have been in the same situation..

The baby is ... where? She's a medic... if you think your baby might of been saved or maybe it was all a hallucination then go look. It may be grizzly as hell but you could see.
        That depends on how far she was.. iirc was she not around the 7th month? Who's to say they could not have left it in for her body to reabsorb..

Saphire_jade: No, not really. If someone in my crew amazingly didn't die from a bullet wound she was bleeding out from and in fact amazingly got better I'd be very concerned. In fact, being as this same person was kidnapped by aliens and a crazy group of people just tried to purposely maroon themselves on my ship I'd be VERY concerned as to why.
        I do agree, it is a little contrived that they are not more concerned, but maybe that is cause they all just effectively got out of their own life or death situations... and need time to get their bearings back.. Maybe next ep or so someone starts to wonder..

I still think the whole LA angle doesn't make sense - why would the LA go on a suicide mission?
        Maybe they felt it would not be one..

Finally is it just me, or did anyone else pretend "Varro" was an alias Odai Ventrell used after he killed Natan and muscled his way into the LA? Yes, it's pathetic but I inserted fan continuity. Maybe that's why he was so much more sensible to the humans--he owed 'em?
        That would provide some interesting continuity with SG1.. and a great way to explain his helping us.

You need to rewatch SG-1 and Stargate atlantis again then . Those were intelligently written
        As someone who has loved both of those series, i can say this (to me) was right up there with them for intelligent writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          In... your... opinion.

TJ part is what I loved most about this episode.
          TJ part was good but it wasn't enough to redeem the whole episode. This show lost another viewer tonight (my bro), and I'm hanging only by a thread...

Comment

It was kinda disappointing in as much as the writers returned to their theme of ramping up the suspense by putting characters in extremely dire, perilous situations as part of a cliffhanger and then seemingly disregarding those situations with an easy fix in the next episode. Seems to me that they didnt want to go down the formulaic route of SG1 and SGA where everything is wrapped up neatly at the end of the show so they just turned those neat wrapups into big suspense cliffhangers which then fizzle out the next episode. It makes SGU feel like a damp squib at times tbh.
            Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

The premiere was good enough. I just hope the writers know where they are going with TJ's astral projection or whatever. So I'm assuming the Obelisk Builders ascended her daughter? If so, does it mean all those people who opted to stay on the planet were also ascended? And more importantly, where and what is B.A.G., a descended Obelisk Builder who's been quietly observing the humans and taking notes?

So Chloe is like that cheerleader from Heroes now, eh? Why didn't the same thing happen to Rush who was imprisoned by the blue aliens for quite some time?

Whoa, Lt. James almost bit the dust. I hope that doesn't become a habit.

Is Wray bipolar? I mean, she was all tough and brave in the last two episodes of season 1, but here she's portrayed as a frightened little girl. What gives? And btw, what happened to Brightman and those other docs from Earth and their hosts?

I liked Ginn, the geeky redhead who shot the annoying LA bald guy. She should be a regular character just for that. So now there's a little Gitmo on Destiny? Varro and Simeon will probably struggle for leadership now that annoying bald guy is dead.

Rush, Eli, Greer, Scott, Young, etc. were all OK in this episode, but why does Young keep looking at the ceiling?

8/10
              sigpic

Comment

Brilliant episode, Defently looking forward to the rest of season 2.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Newbie and I loved the episode. I'm so glad they moved the show to Tuesday because I'm usually home.

This is a great cast with the exception of Eli/David Blue. He gets on my last nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                    Actually there is no evidence either way. Everyone is just assuming that after this length of time they will never show up. I do understand that it is a long shot. Very long shot. I have read blogs where it was stated that Furlings will not ever surface and then I have read the opposite. I do agree with you that it is a fan dream but not 100% hopeless until someone from the show puts in writing.
                    Well the 9th chevron was the same thing. Some little corner of contunity that fans speculated about endlessly, and they made it the center of a very good spinoff. Maybe someday someone will have a badazz idea about the furlings that will be come a very awesome spinoff?

Comment

The TJ part was a bit slow. And a bit too much like how LOST ended. Not that there's any better PC correct way to nuke a kid off the show.

I watched, first NEW content aside from WH13 and Eureka in 3+ months. For something three months in the making, kind of a let down. But a good episode. So much for more leather clad hotties. But they should have some new shoes and socks from all the bodies.

Unfortunately the WW whatever stuff ran long so the second airing, which was supposed to have all the stuff they couldn't show before 9pm, got chopped up a bit. It was like I blinked my eyes and it was at the end. Glad I caught the 8pm (central) airing. The 10pm showing was a bit like origami instructions, how'd they get there from here?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                        Oh my.
                        I said nothing negative.
                        sigpic

Comment

Worst...premier...EVER...!
                          In perfect Bill Lundbergh immitation: "M'yeah... I'm just going to disagree with you on that, so if you could just go ahead and remember that no one forces you to watch the show, that'd be great."
                          *takes a sip from coffee cup and walks away*
                          sigpic

Comment

I also think that TJs parts were too slow, but I think I feel that way because the rest of the stuff was going on waaaaay faster. But in the end, it was nice. And they added the WTF element serialized shows seemingly need nowadays.

If you want bad premieres, may I reccomend you Adrift or Avalon part 1?

Comment

I wonder if davis were here, would he make a thread titled 'Best premiere ever'...
                              sigpic

Comment

i found the tj bit a bit weird, but otherwise it was good.
                                An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
                                A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
                                And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Working...
                                X