Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While i do agree it did "obstruct" the flow of things to me, it also keys things for the future of how the season might go.

Comment

Script Terrible!

Acting, directing, plot and action all good. Script is dull! It ruins the show and wastes huge amounts of money on what would be spectacular. The script writers are too obsessed with the U in SGU and risk causing the show to be lacking in knowledge, wit, wisdom, fascination and excitement.

Comment

i thought the tj story was kind of col and mysterious but i agree the way the last episode ended off i was expecting something huge to happen but instead was very dissappointed. the whole young looking up into the sky and the lights flickering hinted something was about to happen but nothing happened at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed View Post
          i thought the tj story was kind of col and mysterious but i agree the way the last episode ended off i was expecting something huge to happen but instead was very dissappointed. the whole young looking up into the sky and the lights flickering hinted something was about to happen but nothing happened at all!
          Am i the only one that see the shiny nebula ?
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

*premiere.

We have a discussion thread, you know. Just sayin' is all.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I found the TJ story probably the most important part of the episode, I mean we all knew they were going to retake the ship, but this adds a new level of mystery to the show.

Comment

globex,

Originally posted by globex View Post
                What the hell was that? I was so looking the premier, they finally added a bit of spice and mystery to the season 1 finale of SGU, only to have it ruined with this crap premier(TJ story what really put me off). This has to be the worst premier for season 2 I have ever seen in my 15 years of watching science fiction.

Never believing Brad wright ever again, and no I was actually looking forward to the season 2 premier.
                I liked it. Continued the story from last season adding a few new elements and more mystery. That's good in my opinion.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

i just think that after the events of incursion 2 the drama, pace and mother of all cliffhangers that this episode as the conclusion did not fit the bill. I just couldnt believe that nothing came of young and the crew being orderd to the ground and about to be executed.. they left us feeling there was going to be some big intervention or that young was planning something all along.. i love stargate all of the shows i hate complaining about the show but this episode really let me down

Comment

I honestly disagree. And I am not exactly a SGU fan. I actually enjoyed the way Rush dealt with the Lucian alliance. I never thought the military would be able to solve that one on their own.
                    Well, and TJ storyline, although a bit slow, was as I wrote before, trademark SGU dreaming/ reminiscing. Part of SGU own flavour. And the shine nebula, as wexbro pointed out, was there to make us think there was something else out there. In 25 years of Sci-fi watching, I've definitely seen worse. But I can see why some people were disappointed.
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I will say it again for all 201 haters : " NOBODY FORCES YOU TO WATCH 201 OR SGU SO NO HUGE COMPLAINS "

and writing with caps means screaming
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        4th!

Good episode, nice closure to last seasons cliffhanger. I walked away wondering how much of the TJ stuff was real tho. Are the planet builders Ascended non humans, ancients, ori?
                        It does make you wonder who they are. BUT ori i cannot see. Ancients are possile as this MIGHT be their way of saying thanks for us taking the Ori out.
                        OR it might be the "others" Oma mentioned to Daniel when he was in that coffee shop.

Im impressed the redhead is a killer. Go get em eli!
                        Doubtful. he is still imo enarmored with Chloe... BUT she might provide a love relation to brody.

Nice plan on the turn off the shield Rush!
                        That it was..It showed how logical he can be and ruthless!!!

Whats with the Nebula? Is that what the aliens are?
                        I think that was the aliens way of saying to TJ "yes we are around.. don't worry about your baby..'

The TJ story-line was very well done, and when she sees the same thing in the sky, it makes you think that scene really happened back on the planet. It really makes you open your mind to more possible exploration and if someone out there is really watching them.
                        Well said BUT was it a dream of their help, or did she actually go there, in some time shifting like way..

It was a fun and interesting watching Rush and his associates retake the ship. I really liked the A plot. It wasn't a lets run around the base and shoot them to win. That scenario has been done before and it seemed like this was more creative and logical of forcing the Alliance's hands. They were outsmarted. Rush knew more about Destiny and he used that knowledge to trick their hand.
                        Agreed again. Rush gets MUCHO mad points for this ep.. more so than he has prior. heck even Greer looked impressed with him at the end, when the rest of the crew were coming back (and young asked who did it)..

On a personal note those of you who have liked reading my huge long reviews in the past I regret to inform you that due to personal reasons I have choosen not to type them this season.
                        WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I shall miss them

I tought the TJ scenes were well done, and when Wray tells her the news, it was just very powerful. When she sees the nebula or whatever it's called in Space, you say to yourself, that might have been real.
                        Which i think she DID realize eventually as she smiled...

Now please dont kill me for what I'm going to say, But all throughout her sequences all I could keep thinking about was Starbuck and the Cylon Leoben "dreams" from BSG. The Nebula thing pretty much sealed it for me. But again I did enjoy the episode
                        In a way i agree it was a rehas somwhat of the Lebon/starbuck plotline in BSG, but unlike that, this was not for some 'marker to earth'.. more imo of the 'others' letting TJ know her vision was real and the baby is safe.

that came quickly but i can understand not having her bleeding all over the ship for the second time in a row
                        And it does give some foreshadowing to her later on transformation the previews for the season showed.

I had seen the "preview" yesterday and was a bit disappointed by how Scott and Greer got back on the ship. I guess I was hoping for something "bigger..."
                        Other than that little tiny detail, it was an awesome episode.
                        It did seem a little contrived how scott came to that idea, since from all we have seen before, he does not look like the "out of the box" thinker.

As a Rush fan, I was pleased with the way he handled the situation in the Hydroponics Lab. I don't think it was an easy decision for him. He turned away from the others when he made it and later, he couldn't sleep. He still has Brody's support. The man never really argues against anything Rush has to say. In fact, he's quite taciturn on most occasions.
                        While i agree, he did seem torn with what he had to do (the sleeplessness and the turning away from people), i don't think brody was fully onboard until greer/scott gave their consent.

And is Chloe's ability to heal quickly the product of her capture by the Blue Aliens? If so, was Rush also affected? The surgery he received to take out the tracking device would provide evidence, but it's not been revealed how quickly he recovered. Although, I think he took longer because his healing was during the month that the others were on the planet in "Faith." So maybe he doesn't have this ability and maybe he doesn't have Chloe's linguistic intuitiveness for the alien language. He has yet to show it.
                        On this.. i am wondering if maybe Rush has the ATA gene (and does not realize it) but that is somehow blocking what the "Blues did" to both him and Chloe.
                        And it was that, which enabled her to "A" pick their language up and "B" heal quickly.

Then again, maybe it took this long for the changes to take hold, and Rush is lacking a similar trauma to get started.
                        Would not his having the tracker taken out, be the trauma??

I feel the same way about the aliens. I certainly hope they are not some branch of the Ancients. I think they definitely could be more powerful than anything we have encountered before.
                        But they seem somewhat like the Ancients in their limited / non interference.

One thing I hope, and which has so much potential, is that they get right what Star Trek Voyager got wrong with trying to reconcile the LA crew with the Earth crew.
                        While i agree, it should not be done so easy, i do feel eventually this series they WILL be integrated.. much like the Marquis were.

The LA scientist killing the new leader, but nobody killed her or took the leadership.
                        Being when she did it, there was little time to exact revenge/justice before they were all dead, i can easily see no one taking her out.

Or the LA not blowing up the door of the hydroponic because supposedly people would die inside.
                        Being their goal to get rush was so they could get him to reverse his power drawing program, so they could jump, they most definitely did not want him dead..

I wonder if Young's opinion on Rush shall chang
                        One can hope.

And I wonder how many people are all for Rush sacrificing three lives to save the ship and everyone on it, when Young wasn't willing to risk one person's life to do the same.
                        Being 3 of the 4 who would have died are mil, that is something we all are 'raised to be ready for' if necessary.
                        Wray is the only one i can see having an issue here.

And interesting that the Inverse Ninja Law is in effect. Two guys vs. a bunch of others means the two guys are bullet proof and succeed wildly. Cliche trope material, especially with how glaringly bad a full complement of troops got owned earlier, but two guys? No problem. Inverse Ninja Law, baby!
                        That is actually NOT the inverse of Ninja law... The fewer there are, the more bad ass they are..

Up the suspension by deliberately including a crazy guy who was in charge? And no one else thought to kill the guy before now? It should have been a blatantly obvious choice for almost all of the LA people, if not when he started snapping, to when they were confronted with the choice of life or death.
                        Up to that point though, there was no reason for the rest to feel his crazyness was going to get them all killed.

Young didn't look too happy when Scott told him Rush had managed their rescue.
                        Envious, jellous or something else i wonder..??

Oh and I thought Rush once again was excellent. I liked how he had to turn around and couldn't face his compatriots, don't know how much he's really effected by all this but clearly it wasn't an easy thing to do, even for him.
                        We know he has little love for Wray or Greer. So was it cause of scott or TJ he was showing possible remorse

With the LA on board atleast the civilians and military will show a united front. Nothing like having a common enemy.
                        When they deal they with, i can see that happening. BUT since the LA are currently locked up i can easily see some breaks still showing in the groups associations.

Cont' next post

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                          I will say it again for all 201 haters : " NOBODY FORCES YOU TO WATCH 201 OR SGU SO NO HUGE COMPLAINS "

and writing with caps means screaming
                          Im not a sgu hater im quite the opposite in fact i love sgu and every stargate show for that matter. however that doesnt mean i have to think every single episode is gold. of course there are going to be episodes which arent as good as others. i just happen to think this is one of them and in my opinion was dissapointing. Its because i love the show so much that is dissappointing if i hated the show i wouldnt give a dam!

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                            This is a great premiere , who doesn't like it , well nobody forced you to watch it .
                            I watched because, the season 1 finale ended in a cliffhanger.

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            This thread is bizarre. What were you expecting to happen?
                            I was expecting to start where it left off,and where it was left off was pretty decent.Instead got this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                              Instead got this crap.
                              What goes around, comes around?
                              sigpic

Comment

I personally loved the TJ part

Your in the minority dude (op)
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange