Destiny AIs and their future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I too wonder that.. he does seem to be the one.
    Maybe he didn't get the Syfy channel?

Haha. Okay, bad one. Eli seems to prefer originals (like with Star Wars), maybe he wasn't very impressed with the re-imagined BSG. I think I'd miss any reference to the original one.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loki0002 View Post
      Can Amanda Perry, Ginn and Franklin communicate with each other within the ship's computer? (Maybe in a coffee-shop setting? (g))

Is there anyone else hiding in there? Maybe an ancient or two?
      So basically like Cylon projection? Great.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        Yeah. Wait, they are holograms appearing to only who they want them to see.
        I doubt it's as hologram projection. My guess would be a brainwave signal such as Alpha or Delta wave to a particular target receiver. Very identical like a different dream to a different people but in a wake state. I guess, the AI bypass the neural pathway between sensory input and the information processing. Particularly the eyes and ears inputs.

p/s - Human could perfecting the software efficiency by including the touch feedback through skins by manipulating projected/received images collision like in any game's AIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Maybe he didn't get the Syfy channel?

Haha. Okay, bad one. Eli seems to prefer originals (like with Star Wars), maybe he wasn't very impressed with the re-imagined BSG. I think I'd miss any reference to the original one.
          isn't Eli a bit young to be of the "starbuck cant be a chick" camp
          ----------------------------
          You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
            isn't Eli a bit young to be of the "starbuck cant be a chick" camp
            Obviously I can't speak for him, but there's more to BSG than Starbuck, don't you think.
            sigpic

Comment

Obviously I can't speak for him, but there's more to BSG than Starbuck, don't you think.
              true but that seems to be the view of BSG fans who prefer the original series to the reboot who tend to be old enough to remember the series as kids.
              ----------------------------
              You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

True dat.. Though if eli is what, 24, then he would have just been born around the time of the first iteration of BSG.. So may have watched it as a kid on the reruns.

Comment

Very convenient that Eli got Ginn and Mandy shoved into a quarantined area of memory which they can later be released from, if & when the corresponding actresses are available for guest appearances

Things to take notice of:

1 Ginn & Mandy were not able to manifest themselves to any Destineers simultaneously. This also seemed to be true of Franklin & Gloria who never appeared to Rush at the same time.

2. Both Ginn & Mandy complained of being suppressed or blocked by the other as if they had to fight for control of a particular program module in Destiny's core system.

3. In the episode 'Aftermath', the camera might be telling us something by panning away from Gloria and then panning back to show Franklin standing exactly where she had been standing on the Bridge talking to Rush. This may be an indication that Gloria is being manifested by Destiny the same as Franklin and that she is not a figment of Rush's imagination.

4. When Rush sought technical details, Gloria was unable to help. Was this due to her lack of expertise or because her consciousness was being limited by Destiny from having access to important data.

5. This episode convinces us that Franklin is the real person of Franklin uploaded into Destiny's memory. So what is Gloria?

6. Rush's use of the chair in season one's 'Human' induced a simulation inside his head in which his late wife Gloria played a major role. Did some pre-existing consciousness in Destiny's memory steal this identity and subsequently pose as her in communications with Rush?

7. When we Earthlings first came aboard Destiny, the CO2 scrubbers where already toasted. There is no need to scrub CO2, if there are no CO2 producing creatures onboard. Destiny is a smart ship which would have kept life-support and artificial gravity turned off if there were no life-forms onboard. The condition of the CO2 scrubbers indicates that some sort of lifeform(s) must have spent significant time on Destiny at some point in the past. Should we not expect that one or more of them sat in the neural interface chair and got themselves uploaded?

8. Did the blue aliens never get onboard the Destiny? They seemed to have no trouble attaching to the hull and cutting perfectly round holes in it. Seems reasonable to think that they could just wait around for a brief weakening of the shield and dive in.

Real shame that the show got axed so rudely by SyFy that we'll never have answers to so many questions and open threads.
                  sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Well on your point 7.. we know from all rush and co have said, it was meant to be unmanned.. BUT perhaps the scrubbers failed cause they were so darn old.

Even without anyone being there, they will still degrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X