No announcement yet.

Destiny AIs and their future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh in fact I just had an idea. Maybe the ancients didn't really set destiny off without a crew. Maybe the crew lives within destiny's systems waiting for the right day to wake up and scare the hell out of any stowaways.
    Last edited by spaceship; 30 March 2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Notleo View Post
      I think Perry embraces her new role but Ginn not so much. I get the impression that she's lying to poor Eli at the end. Her body wasn't broken like Perry's. She almost felt willing to accept her fate but did this only at Eli's insistence. I also think she's borderline psychotic. She did kill somebody without hesitation and grew up in a hostile environment. She could become a liability if the series continued.
      I have to agree.

But the quickness that Amanda Perry learnt the computer systems of Destiny was impressive , I got the feeling they will use those two girls fighting each other for control of the ship as an excuse on why they cannot continually help the destiny crew.

But remember we known a lot of other people in the Stargate who also kills without hesitation, Teal'c and O'nei and Shepherd are all capable of it and are we going to start calling them psychotic

Ginn defferently have not accepted her fate and new existence and I got the feeling Eli may have to end it in the near future himself.
      Last edited by knowles2; 30 March 2011, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Im getting an Andromeda AI smell from SGU....also the AI has control over the ship. It did come to stop when Young left the crew without a lider.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Now a version of Rush's dead wife AND his would-be girlfriend are both in the Destiny computer.

UH OH
          uh oh indeed! But just as bad would be the epic fight if Chloe, Ginn and Perry were all in the same body and Eli, Scott and Rush had to fight it out for time

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Quick question following on from spaceship's definition of "AI"..would a better title definition be "Integrated Intelligence " or something along those lines ?
          Yep, it would be a better title - AI is just habit, I think
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Quick question following on from spaceship's definition of "AI"..would a better title definition be "Integrated Intelligence " or something along those lines ?
            I dissagree, it started being artificial once it relied on a computer to create new memories. The intelligence might have started being "normal" intelligence how we think of it today, but once it is inserted into Destiny is when Destiny created a program for "it". That program is going to govern its ability to create and store new memories and that now becomes a part of the AI system governed by the AI system vergo...AI.

Also I would like to point out that the possibility of Ginn or Amanda ever going back into a human host is next to impossible unless the conciousness that was uploaded into Destiny is the same consiousness that is downloaded into a human. These AI have access to Destiny's entire computer and if the AI can learn and it learns fast that means a normal human brain would be a 3.5" floppy when the system needs something much much bigger.

Comment

The RI (Real Intelligence) which is based on consciousness could supersede the AI because they are not bound by the fixed prime directives. Hypothetically, the great mind like Mandy could explore the ship computer medical database and construct an artificial body to host her consciousness.

Similar to O'Neil when he got the Ancient repository in his head, his consciousness managed to find a solution to the problem at hand. Unfortunately, it need a whole new season for SGU to explore these possibilities.

Comment

It's easy. Perry and Ginn's role will be the bait to bad guys.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

They're not holograms. They're in people heads.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                    Im getting an Andromeda AI smell from SGU....also the AI has control over the ship. It did come to stop when Young left the crew without a lider.
                    That was Destiny's own built-in AI, reacting to the lack of a leader. The uploaded people are different. The built-in AI probably won't let anyone else control the ship, because what if a bad person gained access to the chair and uploaded themselves? Then they could kill everyone on board in a variety of ways, so I don't think they have much control over the ship's systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                      And on an even more troubling note (spoilers just in case):
                      Spoiler:

1.) What if Destiny can only generate one avatar at a time? What if Amanda continues to be the stronger personality? Will she hog most of the avatar time and spend it with Rush, and how will that affect Eli?

2.) And what if they find a way to bring back only ONE of them? Who gets picked?
                      That would indeed be one heck of a dilema (#2 that is).. BUT i would also like to know where franklin would fit into that discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Illusions make more effective decoys.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          Yeah. Wait, they are holograms appearing to only who they want them to see.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Rushs wife to me is like Dans wife Mal in the film inception as she is dead but he interacts with the memories he has of her and she behaves how he thinks she would not necessarily how she would.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                              I think the bigger question is can Eli bang virtual girl?

Also the title is way off. AI means artificial intelligence. These three aren't artificial. They used to be real live human beings.

BTW being trapped on destiny for all eternity is a fate worse than death. Don't see how anyone can say that ginn would prefer this existence.
                              so how long til Eli comes up with BSG gag comparing Ginn and Amanda to #6 in particular head 6
                              ----------------------------
                              You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

I too wonder that.. he does seem to be the one.

Though have they Ever made a BSG quip?
                                Trek, check
                                Starwars, check
                                Back to the future, Check
                                Alien(s) check
                                Planet of the apes, check

Comment

Working...
                                X