No announcement yet.

Destiny AIs and their future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bit of a leap. There's never been anything to suggest that's even possible.

From what we've seen, these avatars in the Destiny computer come from people sitting in the chair--which happened with Rush in Human. I say some form of Gloria is in the computer.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
      It's not that they can't do the repairs themselves, which they obviously can, it's that they are on a ship with no source of supplies with which to affect repairs. They can't make new parts, new pieces of hull, etc. They have to make do. It's much more realistic than Atlantis in that regard (frankly, I always had trouble believing they could spotlessly repair everything they blew up).
      I find it hard to believe there aren't spare parts on the ship. It would be the logical thing to do, to pack the ship full of spares and redundant systems, so you can easily repair when you eventually gate to it. Because it would be like trying to repair a commodore 64 today, or a Ford Edsel. We're more advanced, but you need parts manufactured back in the day in order to properly fix it.

And some repairs are as easy as rerouting systems, routing around damaged areas like they did with the FTL drive. With enough redundancy, you can even plan for it (just like how the human body has two kidneys, so you can afford to lose one). They haven't fully explored the ship, but I expected them to find rooms of spare parts eventually.

As far as Rush's wife goes, Rush was in the chair, so the computer could generate an image and personality based on those memories. Given the way it messed with Young, though, odds are it could do that with anyone regardless.

Comment

I wonder whether the AI representations of Amanda, Ginn and Franklin are able to control when and where they appear and who is able to see and hear them, or whether this is all under the control of Destiny. I found it interesting that the "upload" of Amanda and Ginn caused a computer crash which endangered the surgery, but then Amanda was able to appear and help T.J. If they had not put Chloe/Amanda/Ginn in the chair, presumably T.J. would have continued on with the help of the computer. So Amanda, in a sense, was both the cause and the solution for the computer crash. Wonderfully twisty plotting!

I think the presence of Amanda and Ginn will serve to tie Rush and Eli even more closely to the Destiny.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by Dregun View Post
          So what is going to be the future of the AI on Destiny now that we the audience know about it fully (Franklin) and it was shown that those who have been uploaded into Destiny have access to all of Destiny's data?

Are we going to see Amanda and Ginn helping the crew piece Destiny back together?
          Would they be able to give the crew a back story on Destiny (was it truly never manned?)
          We have access to Diagnostic equipment, something tells me that ship would have a full medical bay with proper tools and equipment wouldn't Ginn or Amanda know where it is now?
          It would be great to see them at least help out.. Such as when Amanda did with Tammaro.. Though i wonder will it still just be 1 or two people they link up to.. like Franklin-rush, Perry-rush/perry-tj, etc? OR will they start appearing to everyone else?
          Also why is it that Perry only was see-able by TJ in the Med bay?

Originally posted by Dregun View Post
          The fact that these three have access to all the knowledge on the ship I would love to know what else of importance is on the ship. As far as I know they never found the ships personal weapons and it wouldn't make much sense for the ship not to have an armory. Basically the ship is no longer a mystery to the crew as they have direct access to AI to answer any and all questions they have. Although I wish it could have been dragged out over at least 1 more season (season 3) to learn about the entire ship I'm at least glad we will get some of it before this final season ends.
          It would be GREAT if they can give us a lot more insite into the ship..
          How old IS it? Did the ancients ever make it there? How long have the blues been folllowing? What battle damage was it that made those holes in the dome/2nd shuttle? What happened to the 3rd shuttle?

Originally posted by Loki0002 View Post
          Can Amanda Perry, Ginn and Franklin communicate with each other within the ship's computer? (Maybe in a coffee-shop setting? (g))
          That would be an awesome sight to see, them chatting to one another.. Along with Rush's wife.

Originally posted by Loki0002 View Post
          Is there anyone else hiding in there? Maybe an ancient or two?
          Ohh... That would be interesting to see.. Perhaps the builder(s) put themselves into it, knowing they woudl be able to see/experience all the ship did.

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
          I wonder to what degree you need to know something to understand it. Will this be like a chloe type scenario, she can do a lot of interesting things but does not fully understand what she is doing. For instance, was perry able to help with the medical precedure because she was extremely intellegent, but also she possibly had an extremely good knowledge of surgery and the human body as her conditition may have lead her to learn about human physiology? This would mean she could gain access to the information that Desitny has but also able to interpret it for practical application???
          Perry was a Doctor.. So who knows, maybe she had some medical knowledge.

But this brings up the question of where Franklin is, and why he didn't tell Rush what had happened to him. Does Franklin not know? Or does Franklin no longer really exist, and instead his image is just being used by Destiny (perhaps he burned himself out trying to get Destiny moving again)?
          Remember, rush shut franklin/the interface off after the Battle simulations. So perhaps franklin will show up again. AS to him knowing or not. Perhaps he didn't know what happened due to his Mental state..

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Now a version of Rush's dead wife AND his would-be girlfriend are both in the Destiny computer.

UH OH
          Rutro raggy!

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
          I find it hard to believe there aren't spare parts on the ship. It would be the logical thing to do, to pack the ship full of spares and redundant systems, so you can easily repair when you eventually gate to it. Because it would be like trying to repair a commodore 64 today, or a Ford Edsel. We're more advanced, but you need parts manufactured back in the day in order to properly fix it.
          Perhaps there are. There are a LOT of crates, and such we have not been through.. the ones in that room where we found the repair bot, the ones in the other store rooms... WHo knows?

As far as Rush's wife goes, Rush was in the chair, so the computer could generate an image and personality based on those memories. Given the way it messed with Young, though, odds are it could do that with anyone regardless.
          In that case, i wonder if an image of Young's wife will show up?

I wonder whether the AI representations of Amanda, Ginn and Franklin are able to control when and where they appear and who is able to see and hear them, or whether this is all under the control of Destiny. I found it interesting that the "upload" of Amanda and Ginn caused a computer crash which endangered the surgery, but then Amanda was able to appear and help T.J. If they had not put Chloe/Amanda/Ginn in the chair, presumably T.J. would have continued on with the help of the computer. So Amanda, in a sense, was both the cause and the solution for the computer crash. Wonderfully twisty plotting!
          Im thinking the crashing etc, was linked to what they were trying to do.. something the chair was most likely not ment for.. and there were 2 personalities we were trying to get.. not just 1.

Comment

I think they don't have the freedom to appear at their will to anyone they like. It still the destiny to decide when or who to appear to whom based on the state of mind of the crew that need an assistant.

Comment

As for Rush´s wife. I know that the Destiny can produce a convincing interpretation of hers if needed(we witnessed its capabilities in the space battle), though I dont think that the Destiny can create a whole new Identity out of the Information it got from Rush. So a Image and behaviour of her is stored in Destiny, but not a real being like Amanda, Gin and Franklin. I even think that Franklin might be the Primary AI since he went through the complete process unlike Chloe with her two friends.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I agree, Franklin is the main AI because he went through the full process. Ginn and Amanda are just consciousness in the system. And Gloria is just a facade. An image that destiny employs to attack Rush at a different angle. Not an uploaded Gloria or anything. Just a representation. Like a shape-shifter as opposed to a clone.
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

If there were spare parts on the ship, then they wouldn't have risked going over to the other Destiny to salvage the "things to make it go". Now, there might be spare parts in some room that they don't know about, but don't you think the computer would have a file somewhere that says "Spare parts are stored here"? Especially since Destiny seems to "know" what they need, you'd think it would have shown them the workshop by now, if there was one.

I'd like to know if these Intelligences (not calling them AI's because they're NOT artificial, but are actual people) can control the ship in any way. Franklin didn't seem to have the ability, or for some reason didn't use it, even though it would've been easier than talking Rush into doing the computer stuff himself. It would certainly be easier if someone could just say to an image of Ginn/Perry/Franklin "We want to go to that planet next" and they could take the ship there without anyone physically at the controls.

Comment

so for SGU AI=Actual Intelligence
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I saw the way that Ginn and Amanda reacted to the news of their future status as AI's (at least for a while) to be very appropriate for each. Amanda was trapped inside her body while Ginn was a vibrant, young woman who was used to moving around on her own and not being on life support 24/7. One got freedom (of a sort), one has had her freedom restricted.

I'd be interested in seeing if there can be more than one AI avatar active at any one time. Much like how you never saw Franklin and Gloria at the same time, we were perhaps being shown how things will progress with Ginn and Amanda when they were in Chloe's body. There was one personality coming out at a time, never a hint of two being active at the same time. So, will we ever see Ginn's avatar and Amanda's avatar having a conversation with each other? And while we've seen Amanda Perry speaking to TJ, just how often will these avatar's speak to anyone other than Rush and Eli?

And on an even more troubling note (spoilers just in case):
                      Spoiler:

1.) What if Destiny can only generate one avatar at a time? What if Amanda continues to be the stronger personality? Will she hog most of the avatar time and spend it with Rush, and how will that affect Eli?

2.) And what if they find a way to bring back only ONE of them? Who gets picked?

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

I think the bigger question is can Eli bang virtual girl?

Also the title is way off. AI means artificial intelligence. These three aren't artificial. They used to be real live human beings.

BTW being trapped on destiny for all eternity is a fate worse than death. Don't see how anyone can say that ginn would prefer this existence.

Comment

Quick question following on from spaceship's definition of "AI"..would a better title definition be "Integrated Intelligence " or something along those lines ?
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Yeah or perhaps "disembodied intelligence"? Or maybe Ascension beta version.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                              I think the bigger question is can Eli bang virtual girl?

Also the title is way off. AI means artificial intelligence. These three aren't artificial. They used to be real live human beings.

BTW being trapped on destiny for all eternity is a fate worse than death. Don't see how anyone can say that ginn would prefer this existence.
                              i think as a AI program of Destiny , there are are lot of potential, like download into the Ancient robot,
                              There is still a lot we don't knwo about the computer avator ,As an avatar of a Destiny 's computer , Ginn and Mandy could be a god of the new enviroment .
                              The ship can create simulation of dream ,like the dream they put inside Young's head.

Imagine, they can create project nice dreams simulation for Eli and Rush .But when the crew notice the computer are slowing down because of the simulation, they would know Eli and Rush are having sex.

And if they are neutral interface Avatar, not hologram.
                              They could choose the people they can see them .
                              Like BSG's Dr Baltar and Head Six.
                              I still remember all the nuaghty thing Baltar, when every body is watching him , but they didn't notice, because only he can see head six

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                                Yeah or perhaps "disembodied intelligence"? Or maybe Ascension beta version.
                                Or...."disembodied consciousnesses",maybe ?

( Will catch upon the thread later to give you guys time to decide what's the best edit ! )
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X