This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    How does that make it jump the shark? She was essentially reading off a how-to guide from the Ancients, using extremely advanced technology to make the process even easier, and then had Perry walk her through the rest. Seemed perfectly acceptable to me, particularly if she got any advanced medic training and not just first aid and what-not.
    As I recall (and I could just be hallucinating) TJ was about to start her residency training soon after the Icarus incident happened. She was very close to being a full fledged doctor. Also, lets not forget that she has been doing "meatball" surgery nearly since day one on Destiny and has probably gained a bit of skill in stitching up veins and whatnot after all the incidents they've had. They mentioned in the episode that the cutting tool she was using actually cauterized the wound at the same time too so that would greatly help the process. I can buy that she successfully did it. (I mean in reality there are people capable of forcibly taking a person and removing their kidneys against their will who's victims survive all the time.)

Comment

This was a very good episode IMO. While there wasn't any real action to speak of, that is not always necessary. Both story-lines kept me very interested.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Kind of a nice episode. Nice to not have everything predictable. Sad to see the stones working again.

I also felt that kidneys from the front was odd. In hand to hand, you disable them from behind. To have to basically bore through the stomache to get to them, just odd. Even if that is how they do it in the real world.

Also feeling a drift towards Trek-isms. Greer = Worf / Mandy = EMH / Ginn = hot alien chick of the week.

Not buying the over the top Greer either. They just doubled their supplies for all intents. At least take a shot from Brody's still, even if kidneys don't like that. Also to endure that kind of pain, outside of having a liking for pain, you need to enter a certain mental state / focused / somewhere else. Otherwise you just pass out from the trauma, no matter how hard corps your are. At a minimum something to bite down on, grip super hard, and other precautions. At least a significant grunt.

Also odd to see Scott be a little too okay with it. But I guess he's always got James as a backup.

At least they kept things in line with past trends. The simulations for Young were very taxing to Destiny's processing power. So glad that Mandy, Ginn, Franklin, and whomever weren't all just showing up to everyone as a family reunion of sorts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/6276/largefullsizesgu0214038.jpg
            They really seem to enjoy each other's company and have good time on set.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Stargate seem to get lucky in finding actors that get along with each other and form a good off set relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                Stargate seem to get lucky in finding actors that get along with each other and form a good off set relationships.

Comment

this was a good episode and had a decent plotline !
                  4 stars out of 5 stars!
                  Kevin Morgan

Comment

Ugh... I blame the writers mostly for the downfall of this series. Episodes like this do not help.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                      Ugh... I blame the writers mostly for the downfall of this series. Episodes like this do not help.
                      Actually, it was a good episode. Its how the series started off that was to blame. A lot of people didn't make it past the first few episodes. I was one who stuck it out and grew to like the series. Hope was a good episode!
                      sigpic

Comment

i just realized i own 01 Also Sprach Zarathustra 0.O i've had it in my itunes for years L:OPL
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've just seen this episode, fantastic comedy timing. The bit when Chloe/Ginn/Amanda keep on switching, resulting in Matt/Eli/Rush (the Three Musketeers... sorry love interests) coming in and taking it in turns to interact with her, was genius.

Comment

1. Well...have to admit I was happy to see Ginn back...but rather stunned having not caught any spoilers for this ep.

2. Was even more surprised to see Perry back.

3. Glad both of them survived in program-form but come on...downloading the pair of them into new bodies? Whose? Do they have the right to do that?

4. Not 100% sure what the point of the Volker kidney story was though.

A plot was interesting enough at least though.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another solid episode. Since the second half of season 2 started back up it's just got better and better. It's a shame it won't get a chance to build o that though

At times I was like Eli and Scott, I was getting confused who was in control of the body, thank goodness they had the 3 different actresses playing the parts which helped It was actually pretty fun watching the musical conscienceness, apart from the almost choking part.

About the operation. I'm no Doctor but that room didn't look very sterile to me to be performing major surgery. Awesome job by TJ though none the less, with a bit of help from Mandy

You know, I felt sadness for Ginn and Mandy, and also Rush and Eli. I haven't felt sadness for guest characters since the days of SG-1.

I hope they keep up the high quality eps for the rest of season 2 cause I am thoroughly enjoying it
                              sigpic

Comment

Cool ep! Great to see Ginn and Mandy again, even if they're not physically present.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X