This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    Autopilot, maybe, but then that would be unlikely with the weapons firing. Red shirts, we need a volunteer!
    is that even possible with these shuttles? the puddle jumpers in atlantis had remote control but i don't think that these shuttles have it

Comment

It's possible. The shuttle doubtless has an autopilot function. If they really wanted to, they should be able to rig up a subspace link to control it by remote.

Comment

The episode's ending would have led into "a great opener for season three," Wright said. "But when we saw the Tuesday night ratings on Syfy, we knew it might be the end," he added, saying tonight's episode brings the series "full circle" and features elements that "make it feel like a finale."
        http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/09/st...e-brad-wright/

Comment

jumpers had to be rigged with remote control though - zalenka and mckay had to hook them up to the chair. even then it failed again during the siege, and i don't think it was made clear whether it was a flaw in the interface, or in the power supply.

the ancients would likely have expected that if a shuttle was flying, it likely had someone actually in it - and considering they hoped for atlantis to rise again, yet forgot to put a failsafe in place to ensure it would be capable, it wouldn't be surprising that they may easily have overlooked autopilots on shuttles.

however - the shuttle that was returned, apparently by the planet builders - did the people on board control it on the approach to destiny or was it on auto? if auto - whether by ancient or PB design - it should be possible to reverse-engineer the system, and hopefully hook in weapons and targeting as well.
          Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Having the Kamzazi run being done by autopilot takes all the drama out of it.

An plus we were told there would be two deaths this season, so far we have had zero.

Through technically Volker did die on Novas but that a cheat by the writers if they are counting that one of there deaths.
            Last edited by knowles2; 09 May 2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
              jumpers had to be rigged with remote control though - zalenka and mckay had to hook them up to the chair. even then it failed again during the siege, and i don't think it was made clear whether it was a flaw in the interface, or in the power supply.

the ancients would likely have expected that if a shuttle was flying, it likely had someone actually in it - and considering they hoped for atlantis to rise again, yet forgot to put a failsafe in place to ensure it would be capable, it wouldn't be surprising that they may easily have overlooked autopilots on shuttles.

however - the shuttle that was returned, apparently by the planet builders - did the people on board control it on the approach to destiny or was it on auto? if auto - whether by ancient or PB design - it should be possible to reverse-engineer the system, and hopefully hook in weapons and targeting as well.
              I believe Rush was aiding them on the approach.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I think they were talking about the duplicate Rush and Telford in Twin Destinies. Seems sorta like a cheat though.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

An plus we were told there would be two deaths this season, so far we have had zero.

Through technically Volker did die on Novas but that a cheat by the writers if they are counting that one of there deaths.

Comment

is there a thread for alternate endings? b/c I have a few ideas of my own...

Can't wait for tonite....personally I hope they all make it though. it'd be nice. I dont consider it a cheat, didnt it happen in SG1 w/moebius [i think]?

'sgonna be good. if PB help out that would be VERY interesting [even tho it prob wont happen].

Comment

The cast and crew of 'SGU' wrapped filming on the current season before learning of the show's cancellation. But Wright says he crafted 'Gauntlet' to work as both a season finale and as a series finale.
                    I read something like that from JM, that Gauntlet will be like a series finale

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Mallozzi just posted a link of the review of Gauntlet.
                      I dont think you should click this link before watching Gauntlet...

DON'T do it.

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

I have said it before.. but it deserves repeating.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                          Mallozzi just posted a link of the review of Gauntlet.
                          I dont think you should click this link before watching Gauntlet...

DON'T do it.
                          he does call the review "spoilerific"

he also recommends watching the first 5 minutes of "Air," which ends when Greer first comes through the gate during the evacuation of Icarus
                          Last edited by dtape; 09 May 2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I haven't read any spoilers or seen and trailers for the episode... but I don't think I can bring myself to watch it live. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to watching the final episode of Star Trek live and the sadness involved.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I have said it before.. but it deserves repeating.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
                              i'm with you
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

I suppose none of the primary characters have bit the dust, save for the previously mentioned alternate versions of Rush and Telford, but plenty of secondary characters have that have had dramatic impacts on our crew.

Riley in "Aftermath" - major impact on Young

Ginn and Amanda Perry - major impacts on Eli and Rush

Secondary characters dying in Stargate is nothing new, but certainly their direct impact has been much more prominent in SGU. Still if they were going to kill off a primary character a season finale is always a create time to do so...

Comment

Working...
                                X