Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
    jelgate,

Those who believe Rush is a total demon and is responsible for all ills that befall the Destiny and her crew need to read up on the doctrine of "The interevening third party".
    I never said all just a significant portion of problems. History has a tendency to judge a person based on their bigger acts. And on the majority Rush has had the tendency to mantipulate to his advantage
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Jelgate,

That doesn't change the analysis regarding blaming Rush for things he had no ability to prevent or that were largely caused by the actions of others.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        Jelgate,

That doesn't change the analysis regarding blaming Rush for things he had no ability to prevent or that were largely caused by the actions of others.
        True but I don't recall examples or that scenario in this thread thouigh they do exist
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I always see dealing with Rush as just like dealing with Baal or Todd, they might help out but they always have their own agenda.
          The only difference is that no one ever had the illusion that Baal or Todd were actually on their side.

Sure Rush can't be specifically blamed for everything bad that happens. But he certainly hasn't done anything worthy of being looked upon in a favorable light.

Comment

I wouldnt go that far about Rush, i would more say he had been jaded to his fellow humans because of treatment in the past, we saw in 'Air' that no one really liked the guy.

He was like Spencer in a way but more mentally stable and unstable at the same time.

Add to the mix his wife dying whilst he was away and buried in his work, being left for dead, not really having a single close friend since we've known the man.

I know some of the hardships he has endured are directly his causing but you can see how constant treatment of that sort could make some one less than inclined to follow the flock.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
              I always see dealing with Rush as just like dealing with Baal or Todd, they might help out but they always have their own agenda.
              The only difference is that no one ever had the illusion that Baal or Todd were actually on their side.

Sure Rush can't be specifically blamed for everything bad that happens. But he certainly hasn't done anything worthy of being looked upon in a favorable light.
              Hows about being the one who got the Destiny back from the LA?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Wasn't he the one that sent them to Destiny?

Comment

Using Telford's plan and fully prepared to sacrifice Scott, Greer, Wray and a few other crew members to do it. And yeah, Rush was the one who made it possible for the LA to be on Destiny in the first place.
                  He did it to save himself and the ship, saving the crew was just an added bonus.

But you're right and no matter his motivations, he was indeed the one who stopped the LA incursion.

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                    Using Telford's plan and fully prepared to sacrifice Scott, Greer, Wray and a few other crew members to do it. And yeah, Rush was the one who made it possible for the LA to be on Destiny in the first place.
                    He did it to save himself and the ship, saving the crew was just an added bonus.

But you're right and no matter his motivations, he was indeed the one who stopped the LA incursion.
                    Had he botched the dialing to destiny, LA never makes it to the ship. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      Had he botched the dialing to destiny, LA never makes it to the ship. You can't have it both ways.
                      I'm not "having it both ways". I said, yes Rush was the one who made it possible for the LA to get to Destiny in the first place. But that doesn't change the fact that he was still the one responsible for stopping their incursion as Garkhal said.
                      Do I think that it absolves him? No I don't, but it doesn't change the facts.

Comment

But they wouldn't have even known as much as they did if anything had telford not gotten them all that intel.

Comment

But they wouldn't have even known as much as they did if anything had telford not gotten them all that intel.
                          Telford was brainwashed. Rush was saving his own hide.

Comment

The Lucian Alliance dialing in to Destiny is not something that I hold Rush responsible for. He was being held at gunpoint, Telford had already given the LA all they needed they would have figured it out on their own sooner or later and the stone connection should have been pulled the minute Rush was captured it was Young's decision not too.
                            The entire situation was messed up, Rush's actions in that situation were not malicious.

But I do not feel that the actions of stopping the LA incursion in any way absolve him of or make up for all the actions he has taken that were malicious and selfish.
                            Last edited by D Toccs; 23 April 2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

So no matter what. ALL things are rushes fault. Regardless of why/how/who chooses..
                              Just cause rush stranded them.
                              Of course not.

Did Rush cause the injuries which Senator Armstrong sustained in the LA attack? No. Did Rush place him in a position where he could not expect to find proper medical attention such that he was doomed to die anyways? Yes.

Did Sgt. Spencer have a medical condition prior to Being on Destiny? Yes. Was being stranded on Destiny a contributing factor in his suicide? Yes.

Is Rush responsible for Franklin sitting in the big chair? Not directly. I believe Rush knew his target and figured there was a good chance he could manipulate Franklin into sitting. Franklin could have refrained from doing so, however, Rush made sure that the temptation was present, provided easy access, and also a certain amount of verbal prompting to the group.

Was Rush 100% responsible for all the factors which led to Riley's death? No. Maybe Scott could have piloted a bit better (assuming he had better information to work with). Perhaps Young should have let Riley die a slow and painful death all alone on that planet rather than put him out of his misery. None of those things really matter because if they were not routed to Destiny by a choice made by Rush then they could not have happened, at least not in the context which they did.

Are all things Rush's fault? Of course not. We may as well say that it was his parents' fault for giving birth to him, or for the Allied side winning World War Two, or perhaps God since he supposedly made Adam and Eve etc....

Rush is responsible for placing the pieces on the board. How each piece moves is up to them (even the pices which Rush influences), but a contributing factor in each choice made in any situation on Destiny has to come back to that first choice made by Rush.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

I'll give you that.

Comment

Working...
                                X