Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shai,

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
    Rush was the reason for the Icarus Base personel being on the Destiny in the first place. That was bound to leave an underlying, simmering resentment of the man for many of the crew?
    So, when the people of Novus are killed in the Supervolcano explosion two thousand years after they ended up on Novus it's Rush's fault and responsiblity?
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Killed Riley among many other things
      No, he didn't kill Riley. You know this. Please don't repeat a lie over and over again; it makes you look bad. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there are plenty of things you can knock Rush for, that you don't need to focus on this. It makes you look like Trump, focusing on Obama's birth certificate when there are better issues to address.

Edit: And I'll add that there are apparently people who have a pathological need to hate and demonize Rush. Everything must be his fault somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
        Morris,

Right, so how and why would he kill the entire crew (the crew he needed to continue the "mission") in order to make a point? This was Telford and Eli's screw up.
        Who said he wanted to kill anybody. He probably tried to get cute and prevent a connection.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I don't believe there was hatred for Rush, just the stories of Destiny's crew and their relationship with Rush got twisted. He basically became the Boogieman of those who decided to follow Young. The fact Rush was considered a religious icon of sorts shows he was more revered for being correct about staying on the ship, possibly still being there and coming to find them. Shows that they respected Rush enough to believe he'd come for them.
          Exactly
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Young - perhaps they had sections of the population that viewed him in unflattering light
            I believe if you watch next weeks promo that
            Spoiler:
            there is a statue of Young just as the shuttle sets down, in his characteristic pose of hands behind his back, feet a shoulder width apart standing tall.

I cant remember what the stance is called but i am sure that looks like him, even tho its a 3 second glimpse.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              Who said he wanted to kill anybody. He probably tried to get cute and prevent a connection.
              So, you support accusations without any evidence? Do you not see the problem with doing something like that?

Comment

So, when the people of Novus are killed in the Supervolcano explosion two thousand years after they ended up on Novus it's Rush's fault and responsiblity?
                No, but by that time he had been deified as a "demon", so no one is actually blaming the man Rush for the volcano, they are blaming the Demon.

As to the original crew's hatred of him, it's perfectly reasonable. He is responsible for stranding them on Destiny in the first place and he lied to them and manipulated them every step of the way, it was obvious they already disliked him when before the dial out he started his speech with, "my friends" and was met with a cold silence.

Once on Novus, no one actually blamed Rush for the wormhole, Eli flat out states that many of the crew placed the blame for the wormhole on the Alt. Eli.
                However they still disliked Rush and the fact that they wouldn't have been on Destiny to get stranded on Novus in the first place, if Rush had just let Riley dial Earth . . . well that is not really going to lead to a favorable image of the man.

Comment

Yay, we're back to the whole "who hates Rush and what is he responsible for?" content. I suspect there's a spot or two that horse which hasn't been kicked, maybe.

Arguably, the answer is yes. It was Rush who chose (correctly) not to send the Icarus base personnel back to Earth. It was also Rush who chose to send them to the destination of the gate address which resulted in them all winding up on Destiny. If they did not wind up on Destiny then they would not have been around to found the colony on Novus, which was wiped out by the volcano.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                    It was Rush who chose (correctly) not to send the Icarus base personnel back to Earth.
                    In no way was that correct decision. Rush's decision to not dial Earth but dial the 9th Chevron was purely for his own selfish reasons. He practically admits as much to Eli when he asks for his help.
                    Eli says, "are you kidding we have to get out here." and Rush responds with, "Do you know how long it took to find this planet, the properties are unique, we may never get another chance."

Rush can talk all he wants about "blast waves going through the gate to Earth" but the fact is he did it because he was scared that he would never get another chance to try.

If Rush had let Riley dial Earth, the base personnel would not have had to stand around waiting while Young went to get Scott, if Earth had been dialed, the evacuation would have started instantly and everybody would have already been through the gate well before the planet exploded and any potential blast wave occurred.

The conversation between Rush and Eli I quoted word for word above is proof that Rush dialed the 9th chevron for his own reasons.

Comment

Correction, chum. It was a correct decision to NOT dial Earth. They could have gone to any number of other planets which were uninhabited and able to support human life for the time it would take to get rescued or otherwise gate back to Earth.

The incorrect (some might say selfish) decision was to dial up the address which resulted in them winding up on Destiny.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

I can agree with that. You're right that any other planet could have been dialed.

I still think that dialing Earth would have been perfectly safe, even if there was a "blast wave", it's just a simple mater of the last person through uttering 3 little words , "close the Iris"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          Franklin told rush that the planet was dangerous and instead of rush telling scott to aboard the mission he just told him to be careful during entry thus losing Riley and a shuttle
                          He gave scott info. Scott was the one who could have turned back. to get more.. So technically Scott is also to blame.

He was trying to buy them some time ... to do what? I thought he was trying to get the wormhole stable so they could get through to earth not buy them time. So what was Rush doing? Did he somehow figure out how to shift the wormhole closer to a solar flare hoping it would loop back onto Destiny thereby convincing people they couldn't get home?
                          It seems we will never know now.

I cant remember what the stance is called but i am sure that looks like him, even tho its a 3 second glimpse.
                          Parade Rest

Arguably, the answer is yes. It was Rush who chose (correctly) not to send the Icarus base personnel back to Earth. It was also Rush who chose to send them to the destination of the gate address which resulted in them all winding up on Destiny. If they did not wind up on Destiny then they would not have been around to found the colony on Novus, which was wiped out by the volcano.
                          And they would have had none of the blame for deciding to go through the unstable wormhole, thereby goign back in time to another planet.. NOR from using the gate to get off that planet before said supervolcano errupted..??

I still think that dialing Earth would have been perfectly safe, even if there was a "blast wave", it's just a simple mater of the last person through uttering 3 little words , "close the Iris"
                          And what if the wave came before the last one made it??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            He gave scott info. Scott was the one who could have turned back. to get more.. So technically Scott is also to blame.
                            He gave Scott some vague information. Hardly everything he knew about the danger. It wasn't his place to make the decision.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

And what if the wave came before the last one made it??
                              As I already established, I don't believe a word of Rush's "blast wave" speech. It was just his attempt to justify why he had not dialed Earth.

No blast wave came through the wormhole once they got to Destiny.

Comment

And they would have had none of the blame for deciding to go through the unstable wormhole, thereby goign back in time to another planet.. NOR from using the gate to get off that planet before said supervolcano errupted..??
                                Correct!! Now you're getting it. Rush would be absolved of so many sins if he had not set the machinery in motion which landed all those people on Destiny in the first place.

regards,
                                G.
                                Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                                X