This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    So the expedition will get new members. Again.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Spoiler:
      Yes, new red shirts! YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Spoiler:
        Meh, don't like the sound of that. This is the sort of thing I'd hoped they'd be steering clear of.
        Spoiler:
        Apparently they are supposed to be descendants of someone aboard Destiny who travelled back in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
          Spoiler:
          Apparently they are supposed to be descendants of someone aboard Destiny who travelled back in time.
          I read the casting sides again, trying to find clues as to who the
          Spoiler:
          ancestor from Destiny
          might be. As with some previous casting sides that changed characters' names (probably to prevent certain plot spoilers from leaking), it appears that several character names have been changed in the sides for this episode:

Spoiler:
          From the sides, "Carl" seems to be the time traveller. The people who are discovered in this episode speak English. Jason and Ellie are definitely new characters (since casting notices were sent out for them), but I think that "Carl" is a false name for someone from the Destiny, and the sides may indicate who he is. In one scene, as Ellie is leading the group from Destiny to their settlement, she says, "No one's going to believe this. They're totally going to freak out when they see you." Carl then says, "This is so cool." Chloe is one of the people talking with Ellie in that scene, and in another scene after they all reach the settlement, both Scott and Eli are among the crew from Destiny who are introduced to Ellie's people. Based on the expressions used by Ellie and "Carl," and the fact that Eli is in the later scene in which they all meet Ellie's people, I'm going to guess that "Carl" is Eli.

One of the people (a new recurring character) they are introduced to at the settlement is named Yaosu, and a character who appears to be code-named "McLean" says, "That was my father's name," and after tea is served, Yaosu offers them a greeting, which is written in the sides as: Maahn sih yuh yi. "McLean" translates it as, "May all things go according to the wishes of those that hear it." Based on that, I'm going to guess that "McLean" is Wray and that there also may have been more than one time traveller (Maybe these settlers are descended from ALL of the Destiny crew?).

In a later scene, "McLean" gives the people from the settlement a tour of what could only be Destiny (although it's never specified as Destiny in the sides). It is "McLean" to whom Ellie and Yaosu are speaking when they ask if they can be taken to their planet Novus. McLean seems stunned by the request to transport all of them even though they are unsure that Novus still exists (since they haven't been able to dial it) and the scene ends before McLean gives an answer.

That's all the (possibly) new info I've been able to gather from the casting sides, based on their content and my own speculation.
          Last edited by Rhoswen; 26 September 2010, 07:01 AM. Reason: to add more information

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Sounds like the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Children of Time" to me. I hope it's not a carbon copy and has some new, interesting twist in it.
            sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

GHHAAA... the minute I saw villager in the title I head-desked......

I mean, I can except Vancouver forests, but I really really hope there is no more midevil villages.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                GHHAAA... the minute I saw villager in the title I head-desked......

I mean, I can except Vancouver forests, but I really really hope there is no more midevil villages.
                To be fair, it would be hard to have a wonderful city under the apparent circumstances.

Comment

Considering the storyline, this should just be a one off Human alien encounter.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Well, it it's true that Eli is one of the time-travelers, then we at least know he got some, what with him breeding and everything. I suppose the "last guy on Earth" scenario played out in his favor.

Comment

This episode is written by Rob Cooper(best writer on stargate ever). So, can't be bad

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                        This episode is written by Rob Cooper(best writer on stargate ever). So, can't be bad
                        Ya.. that somewhat reassures me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                          Ya.. that somewhat reassures me.
                          Then again, there's always a first time for a huge screw-up...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Then again, there's always a first time for a huge screw-up...
                            I don't think he would screw-up his last Stargate episode

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                              I don't think he would screw-up his last Stargate episode
                              It'd be a nice "F YOU!, I QUIT!"...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                                It'd be a nice "F YOU!, I QUIT!"...
                                LOL.... then again.. My issue is with the heart of the story.. which might not have been Robs idea... and I doubt RCC is that kinda guy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X