This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    SGU always surprised me in the way they quickly drop interesting potential arcs. You could easily have created many storyline or even episode plots (episodic but accumulating stories) about them.

Personally, I like to introduce twist and turns, so I would make the novus people guilty of genocide of another indigenous aliens species (something that would be a surprised). The drones: the defense system of those aliens. Etc. That's just one of the way to built the storylines.

Later on those aliens could be related to the destiny's mission in some manner, etc.

I see many such storylines that could be possible as arc or even episodic (cumulative) plots.

nb: In cumulative I mean that by making an episode about let's say the Wraith, or the Romulans, or the blue aliens, you always learn something about them, the evolution of the war and relations, etc.
    Thier was nothing to drop. The arc seemed finished. They found out what happened to the Novians and took them to meet their people. Do we really need to seem the Novians dropped at some random planet.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

SGU always surprised me in the way they quickly drop interesting potential arcs. You could easily have created many storyline or even episode plots (episodic but accumulating stories) about them.

Personally, I like to introduce twist and turns, so I would make the novus people guilty of genocide of another indigenous aliens species (something that would be a surprised). The drones: the defense system of those aliens. Etc. That's just one of the way to built the storylines.

Later on those aliens could be related to the destiny's mission in some manner, etc.

I see many such storylines that could be possible as arc or even episodic (cumulative) plots.

nb: In cumulative I mean that by making an episode about let's say the Wraith, or the Romulans, or the blue aliens, you always learn something about them, the evolution of the war and relations, etc.
      They didnt realy drop that plot line...the Novus people were scatered throught the galaxy, they are bound to run by another group in season 3.

Oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
        They didnt realy drop that plot line...the Novus people were scatered throught the galaxy, they are bound to run by another group in season 3.
        Since they only have sub light technology it would have been highly unlikely (as the Destiny travel at above speed of light).
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Since they only have sub light technology it would have been highly unlikely (as the Destiny travel at above speed of light).
          One word: Stargates
          I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Very happy with the episode. Second half of season 2 has really made me happy and it's really representative of what we will be missing when it's gone. The show just continues to grow. Seeing the dome get destroyed was heart wrenching after it took them so long to build up that garden and Park being stuck in there was the most terrifying moment I've ever seen in a SG show. I give it a 9 but just because SGU maintains such a high bar.
            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

This makes me so sad, SGU is the best show I have ever seen and now they go and cancel it. Why? It doesn't make sense.

I really loved this episode, it had some great pace and was really entertaining. I have to say its a real shame about the garden, but it was a great scene with Park trying to save some of it. I just hope she is okay after that experience.

These droids are an interesting plot move. I wonder where they come from and how it will continue. Though I not sure I like the idea of ending SGU with these droids. I personally would have liked something more fitting, like finding out Destinys mission, the origin of that secret message in the background radiation.

I am going to say it again. Please don't end SGU,.. continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                how did the english language get so jacked up over 2,000 years that they spelled attack ATAK!
                They got rid of redundancy, which I think might be a good thing, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
                  They got rid of redundancy, which I think might be a good thing, I think.
                  Its all the text messages...yeah...yeah...that's it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Sometimes I wish we got longer episodes to explore those areas. It would be good seeing the crew spend sometime in orbit helping them set up a new colony.
                    There's a good chance that there will already people on that colony.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post

Oh wait.
                      Yep it's a real shame we wont get to see this explored in Season 3. The writers actually came up with a plausible way to have the Destiny crew come across human / English speaking societies on the other side of the universe.

This was another great episode. I loved the suspense over Park and the sense of the crew working together.

The Rush / Eli dynamic was interesting
                      Rush is starting to accept that Eli wants to be treated as more of an equal, he asked him how they should proceed and got him to volunteer to take the lead role (admittedly because he knew Eli would be the better choice), encouraged him when he was losing confidence and in his praise of Eli to Young at the end he seemed genuinely proud of his protege.

I think he does want Eli to step up and achieve his potential even if Eli doesn't always appraciate his teaching methods. Hard to say if Rush is doing it more because he thinks Eli is an amazing resource or if he actually cares for him. I reckon it's a mix of both but Rush may have begun to care more than he would want to admit, a bit like with Chloe.

The contrast to that was Eli's attitude to Rush when Park was trapped. Eli was directing all his anger at a horrible situation towards Rush and in my opinion it made him seem a bit immature. I know Rush's lack of bedside manner rubs people the wrong way but Eli knew he didn't cause the problem (this time) and that what Rush was saying made sense. Seems he still needs Rush around to make those hard choices.

It's so sad we wont get another season to see where this relationship would go.
                      Last edited by kudra; 03 May 2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
                        There's a good chance that there will already people on that colony.
                        Then they should have shown them to us. Because all we were told last episode was there ships were heading to a new colony. Not that there was a colony there. Plus I alway thought it was the same

The was no info whether there was colony already there and of cause there was info on whether that colony could deal with unexpected arrival of 300 hundred new mouths to feed and water.

An of cause TJ disease, I can expect one colony not to have cure but two. An presuming if the Novans expect that the new colony would be able to cope with tens of millions of people it would be a well established colony to say the least.

To me they seem to have cut off a story arch with no ending, which is a shame. An also it would been nice to see if any crew would stay with the Novans or Novans stay with Destiny.

An also they seem to have completely ignore the that there descendent's are vulnerable to the drones. Which have already wiped out one colony.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 03 May 2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I didn't really like that episode. It was not bad, but still not good enough. I feel like it has no meaning. The only parts that were interesting were exploration of the planet. Good to see more civilizations. The other was when Parks was in trouble.

It's not convincing that every time they're in trouble, they depend on luck and they make it. When they were worried about tearing the ship apart if they used the FTL, they tried it and they made it. Same here, the ship wasn't destroyed. This isn't logical at all. I'm tired of it. Why don't they make Destiny get destroyed and continue the mission any other way. The show isn't called stargate: Destiny. It's stargate: Universe. Exploring the universe could be done in other ways. Just make it convincing.

I was also wondering, why did the Destiny stargate move after people went to the planet? The movement between the closing of the gate and the activation of those coolers.

Comment

Nice ep.

A few things bother me:
                            - What happened to the Novans that where on the ship? They just dropped them off?
                            - And you are telling me that a ancients have precautions for everything except visors? Eighter that or they have a natural resistance against bright lights.

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                              Nice ep.

A few things bother me:
                              - What happened to the Novans that where on the ship? They just dropped them off?
                              Yep. It was mentionned by Eli and Rush when they had a conversation about the documentary footage Eli was watching at the beginning of the episode.

- And you are telling me that a ancients have precautions for everything except visors? Eighter that or they have a natural resistance against bright lights.
                              It seems Park was using the suits in a conditions not-approved by the manufacturer . It makes sense that the visors (and human eyes) could be less insulating due to the need for transparency, thus they are made in another material.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                                Nice ep.

A few things bother me:
                                - And you are telling me that a ancients have precautions for everything except visors? Either that or they have a natural resistance against bright lights.
                                I was thinking the same things....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X