X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    cannibalism
    LOL DAM! Wait so how did they find out which planet they went to? Sorry...I'm having problems remembering O_o I thought we only knew that they went to another planet just not which one it was.

Comment

Re-watching they did a little foreshadowing to Park's pending blindness.... through the convo with eli about looking at the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by jsunski View Post
        Re-watching they did a little foreshadowing to Park's pending blindness.... through the convo with eli about looking at the stars.
        the next ep ? or this one?
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          the next ep ? or this one?
          I'm hinting at the "re-watching" part as this one.

Comment

Blockade had a large number of wonderful moments for me. Lots of things just clicked:
            • The Daft Punk-esque music
            • Young: Who am I? Captain Kirk?
            • Rush to Camille after she sits in the command chair: Don't touch anything.
            • The conversation about the Type O star. A blue supergiant at 24 solar masses =
            • The VFX for the blue supergiant was brilliant. Literally blue fire.
            • Eli: Holy crap, we dialed Pittsburgh.
            • Camille: I'd kill for a new outfit.
            • James: Hey, I was born in Pittsburgh!
            • Volker: Mmm. Botulism.
            • The newspaper written in a language similar to Ancient.
            • Greer: What kind of city doesn't have a gun shop? Volker: Maybe they're Canadian?
            • James slugging Morrison and breaking his nose. He's had that coming for 2 seasons.
            • Young, Greer, and Scott triangulating their fire to take down a drone.
            • The command ship coming down into the atmosphere. Eerie as hell.
            • The entire sequence with Park trapped in the Dome. Harrowing.
            • Varro shooting down the drone with an improvised bazooka. Absolutely badass.
            • Volker and Brody ending the episode with a dreadful "yay."

Edit: A couple of other little tidbits I saw at the re-watch. One of the shops was called the Cobalt Cafe. There's also Young finding a dry cleaner. I also love that sound the drones make on the planet when they're hovering nearby. And Greer: Keep shopping.
            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 02 May 2011, 08:15 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              I don't like that the back pack survived though
              Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              That was a bit unrealistic. It made her sacrifice worth it though.
              I don't know about it being unrealistic, granted I'm no expert or anything but it could be possible. Remember she had the bag submerged under water with her right up to the point where the dome was breached and everything got sucked out. In order for fire to happen it requires three things a heat source (which was sucked out into the vacuum of space which is very cold), oxygen (again something that was sucked out of the room very quickly), and a fuel source (in this case it would have been the bag, which was sopping wet and as I'm sure lots of people know sopping wet things are hard to light on fire) fire can't exist without all of these elements in place and in the right proportions so granted it would be an extremely long shot but I think it's plausible for the bag to have survived.

Again like I said I'm no expert so it's possible that I'm completely off the mark here, this is just coming from my understanding of how fire works. Feel free to correct me if you have a better understanding of how these things work and I am wrong I'm always up for learning new things.

On a similar note though I'd like to know why the water didn't start to boil? Didn't Rush at one point mention something about the temp reaching some where around 300 degrees. Wouldn't that be hot enough to boil water?
              Oglethorpe: We have successfully traveled eons across both space and time, through the Fargate......... to get FREE CABLE!
              Emory: I think it's a st- Star...gate....
              Oglethorpe: It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie that I've never seen, so how would I copy it?
              Emory: Chill, man. It's allright, let's just turn it on!
              Oglethorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate! "Goes far", get it? And there it is no way it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on the movie!
              Emory: But.... it sure was a good movie.....
              Oglethorpe: Yeah, yes it was...
              'Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Universal Remonster'
              http://superheroindisguise.multiply.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superhero in Disguise View Post
                I don't know about it being unrealistic, granted I'm no expert or anything but it could be possible. Remember she had the bag submerged under water with her right up to the point where the dome was breached and everything got sucked out. In order for fire to happen it requires three things a heat source (which was sucked out into the vacuum of space which is very cold), oxygen (again something that was sucked out of the room very quickly), and a fuel source (in this case it would have been the bag, which was sopping wet and as I'm sure lots of people know sopping wet things are hard to light on fire) fire can't exist without all of these elements in place and in the right proportions so granted it would be an extremely long shot but I think it's plausible for the bag to have survived.

Again like I said I'm no expert so it's possible that I'm completely off the mark here, this is just coming from my understanding of how fire works. Feel free to correct me if you have a better understanding of how these things work and I am wrong I'm always up for learning new things.

On a similar note though I'd like to know why the water didn't start to boil? Didn't Rush at one point mention something about the temp reaching some where around 300 degrees. Wouldn't that be hot enough to boil water?
                The heat source was the sun. The bag would have been instantly incinerated once there was a line of sight between it and the planet (ditto for that spacesuit). The water was boiling BTW.

Comment

Water boils at 212 Fahrenheit.

Comment

Water boils at 212 Fahrenheit.
                    It has to warm up first. A metal bowl half full of water and placed inside a 300F will resist boiling for a long time.

Comment

It has to warm up first. A metal bowl half full of water and placed inside a 300F will resist boiling for a long time.
                      this "bowl" looked full to me and on its way toward the sun looked like it the room was getting hotter over time, second in that short scene it looked like it was boiling to me

Comment

The writers seem to be making a point this season. If you don't listen to Rush then you will get ****ed up. Rush told Park to stay put & not move & what she does ends up getting her blind

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                          The writers seem to be making a point this season. If you don't listen to Rush then you will get ****ed up. Rush told Park to stay put & not move & what she does ends up getting her blind
                          There was no staying put when the hiding place was sucked into space.

Comment

this "bowl" looked full to me and on its way toward the sun looked like it the room was getting hotter over time, second in that short scene it looked like it was boiling to me
                            I agree it was boiling. The boiling was from radiation heat transfer not the internal temperature of the room.

Comment

There was no staying put when the hiding place was sucked into space.
                              Exactly. It sucked her upwards, only her magboots kept her there at all.

Why don't these space suits have some sort of visor though?....that part bugs me. It should have some sort of automatic visor, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                                at least she is alive!

Comment

Working...
                                X