This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kudra View Post
    The contrast to that was Eli's attitude to Rush when Park was trapped. Eli was directing all his anger at a horrible situation towards Rush and in my opinion it made him seem a bit immature. I know Rush's lack of bedside manner rubs people the wrong way but Eli knew he didn't cause the problem (this time) and that what Rush was saying made sense.
    He's probably still pissed at Rush over the Perry/Ginn situation from Seizure. I don't think that makes it right, but it could be a contributing factor. I don't blame Rush for what happened there (I blame Perry), but Eli clearly did.

Comment

It really does happen often. TPTB have never been hesistant to kill off secondary characters that are likeable and have never set a foot wrong.

SPOILERS
      Skaara, Sha'are, Martouf, Lt Elliot, Col Pendergast, Col Emerson, Narim, Kawalsky, Fraiser, Grodin just to name a few. I'm sure theres more.

---------------------------------------------------

I really liked this episode, and it really is the sort of episode that the series could have done with to start with. While the decision to have a very slow buildup in the first season may have worked for story reasons, it didn't really work out to well in the realm of entertainment.

It's a shame the show is ending, as it has gotten much better towards the latter half of the second season, not mind blowing, but definitely worthy of being renewed. Hindsight is a pain.

- Loved the visuals for the Star, really really nice.

- Why does nobody listen to Rush? He's a complete jerk, annoying, condescending, has a god complex but 99% of the time he's right. Park was an idiot to stay longer than she should have. Simple as. Get your priorities staight.

- I loved the whole sequence with Park stuck in the dome though, really tense stuff. That must have been some scary stuff. Stuck in your own personal oven with the possibility of either being completely burnt to a crisp or sucked out into a star. Scary.

- Liked the whole Novus colony, i wonder where that was filmed.

- The command ship breaking through the clouds was very cool, very familiar to those first shots of the Beliskner arriving on Cimmeria.

- The dialogue between Rush and Eli was great. I love how Rush is trying to teach El how to take responsibility. It's very subtle. it's like Rush is the parent thats finally letting his son drive the car without supervision. Rush isn't there to hold his hand anymore.

Comment

Wow just.... WOW! I have never been so blown away by any VFX on Stargate before, while the VFX have been outstanding on SGU this one takes them to a whole new level of awsomeness. Faves were:

1) Destiny entering the Blue Giant
        2) Destiny IN the Blue Giant, shields distorting etc
        3) The dome room scene with Park as the dome gives way

Congrats to Mark and the others in charge of the VFXS!

Loved everything about this episode, ''Blockade'' was written by Linda one of the new writers and is easily on my top ten list of SGU eps.

Comment

Taken from the Echoes mini question and answer question on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...90553047656151
          I am thinking it was filmed in the set specially built for the Watchman movie, I may be wrong through.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
            Maybe it's an ancient figure of speech

Maybe there are more/less minutes in an hour so they get 24 hours total despite the different length of day
            Well apart from the duration of a day and year all other forms of timekeeping are pretty much arbitrary. I think it is not too crazy to assume that at some point they would have just divided a Novan day into 24 hours for the sake of simplicity. Especially since habital planets are more or less bound to have day lengths that are similar to ours

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post
              Pittsburgh?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                lesson to future PTB
                Give long time frachise fans what they enjoy, it works.

Comment

East Vancouver I think

Comment

Well, this does show one thing about the drones. It's not about the technology, it's about the people. Because if the drones were about the technology, they simply wouldn't be on the planet anymore because the level of technology is not very high. And when they "knew" the teams were hiding, they simply would not leave. So I don't think it's about the technology, it has something to do with the people.

But what it is and why, I have no clue.

I hope they resolve the drones in the final episode at least.

Just six more days to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                      Am I right in understanding that the Novus refugees just went to random planets rather then have the ship take them to the location of where most of the other Novus people gated too?
                      Perhaps there was a closer planet which DID have other refugees on. BUT i hope they were warned to get rid of tech/stop using it.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Loved this one! Seeing the Command ship come down form the clouds was just .

And the music when the drones first attacked the Destiny was awesome.
                      I made a new thread on that command ship, as it was so close to my remembering of the Belinsker coming down in Thor's chariot, right up to and including the sound effects..

Originally posted by AscendedTauri View Post
                      The Eli v. Rush dynamic reached a new level, and Park's near-death was SO powerful.
                      I wash shocked to heck that rush not only
                      A) Recomended Eli for the stay behind group, as well as Volunteered himself.
                      but B) Gave eli props at the end (even if he told young to not tell eli)
                      but also C) Told eli practically to take charge..

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      [*]Camille: I'd kill for a new outfit.
                      When the group was walking around and we saw all those shops/houses with curtains in, i felt they should be grabbing as many as they can. Those could have been Easily made into new clothing.

It has to warm up first. A metal bowl half full of water and placed inside a 300F will resist boiling for a long time.
                      And as we DID see, the water was starting to boil when we next saw Parks in it..

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                      The writers seem to be making a point this season. If you don't listen to Rush then you will get ****ed up. Rush told Park to stay put & not move & what she does ends up getting her blind
                      It does kind of have that feel at times.. Rush is all wise, listen at obey, or ignore at your peril!

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                      Why don't these space suits have some sort of visor though?....that part bugs me. It should have some sort of automatic visor, no?
                      I thought of that myself, and even opened a new thread for that subject..

All it would take is looking forward and then glancing up. The good news is that not unlike glancing at a welding arc the spots will disappear after a while. She will most likely be fine.
                      True. One of my current Communicators did get a weeks blindness a few years back from stupidly watching welding without goggles on.. He got a nasty remark in his Eval for being unsafe, but was alright after a week.

syfy will have tons of good programing.
                      Like what?? More reality 'spooky' shows like ghost hunters?

santuary, being human, haven, blood and chrome, etc.
                      Being Sanctuary has moved to monday, it makes me wonder did the PTB give it the same death knell they gave SGU. Haven, don't watch. Same as being human (could not get into it). Blood and chrome has not yet come out so can't say.

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                      One part, however, made me scratch my head. But only for a moment. When Scott and Greer were splitting the party up, Scott said something like "Brody, Chloe and you two with me.". I get it, they're red-shirt, no-name civilians that won't get anymore air time ever on SGU. But that line threw me off enough that I had to at least mention it here. They should have been named, and Scott would have had to know what their names were.
                      It does make you wonder, why they would not even just give first names (jacob and mark lets say) to them for that purpose.. No need to flesh them out any more than that..

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                      If MGM ever resurrects the Stargate idea for another series they really do need to find a whole new creative team.
                      As well as stop SyFy from getting their grubby hands on it.

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                      Anyway, back to the episode: I liked that Rush was trying to teach Eli about making hard decisions, as I think the Eli character has been acting too juvenile for too long.
                      And it was awesome seeing both him and young trust in Eli's abilities to let him do it.

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                      Bah it happens often. The bold thing is turning her permanently blind. Now that's something more interesting, more bold. Great drama. Kudos to the writers if they don't drop that storyline in the next episode.
                      It would be interesting to see if they leave her blind or make it curable.. Heck perhaps their med bay has something that can fix it.

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
                      Seeing the dome get destroyed was heart wrenching after it took them so long to build up that garden
                      It imo was almost Metaphoric for the entire show.. Slowly build up, then everything gets pulled out from under you (cancelled)..

The Rush / Eli dynamic was interesting
                      Rush is starting to accept that Eli wants to be treated as more of an equal, he asked him how they should proceed and got him to volunteer to take the lead role (admittedly because he knew Eli would be the better choice), encouraged him when he was losing confidence and in his praise of Eli to Young at the end he seemed genuinely proud of his protege.
                      Rush had a good reason to be proud.. but it was a shocker seeing him say it so matter of factly to Young.

I think he does want Eli to step up and achieve his potential even if Eli doesn't always appraciate his teaching methods. Hard to say if Rush is doing it more because he thinks Eli is an amazing resource or if he actually cares for him. I reckon it's a mix of both but Rush may have begun to care more than he would want to admit, a bit like with Chloe.
                      Perhaps cause he wonders if Eli could be another "Rush" in the making..

The contrast to that was Eli's attitude to Rush when Park was trapped. Eli was directing all his anger at a horrible situation towards Rush and in my opinion it made him seem a bit immature. I know Rush's lack of bedside manner rubs people the wrong way but Eli knew he didn't cause the problem (this time) and that what Rush was saying made sense. Seems he still needs Rush around to make those hard choices.
                      It was sad to see Eli push the anger onto Rush, when Parks was the one who made the stupid choice..

It really does happen often. TPTB have never been hesistant to kill off secondary characters that are likeable and have never set a foot wrong.

SPOILERS
                      Skaara, Sha'are, Martouf, Lt Elliot, Col Pendergast, Col Emerson, Narim, Kawalsky, Fraiser, Grodin just to name a few. I'm sure theres more.
                      Don't forget that scientist/quack on atlantis, Riley.

- Why does nobody listen to Rush? He's a complete jerk, annoying, condescending, has a god complex but 99% of the time he's right. Park was an idiot to stay longer than she should have. Simple as. Get your priorities staight.
                      perhaps its CAUSE of his brashness/lack of tact they don't want to.. I know some are that way with me.

- The dialogue between Rush and Eli was great. I love how Rush is trying to teach El how to take responsibility. It's very subtle. it's like Rush is the parent thats finally letting his son drive the car without supervision. Rush isn't there to hold his hand anymore.
                      And it was interesting to see how 'scared' eli seemed haven't to Take that responsibility on.. Perhaps he still has not gotten over the "twin Destinies" issue.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Taken from the Echoes mini question and answer question on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...90553047656151
                        I am thinking it was filmed in the set specially built for the Watchman movie, I may be wrong through.
                        I believe you are right, I recognised the streets from Supernatural, the streets looked very much like ones in the pictures for season 5 episode 4 here, just scroll down....

http://www.supernaturallocations.com...ationslist.htm

Unfortunately it's a place you can't get in to see, like Bordertown, another set built for a TV series used in Stargate and other shows, it's on private property.

Comment

Everything was good the only thing that bugged me and I see many others is the visor situation. I mean deep space exploration, bright stars, radiation, gamma rays, x rays, red dwarfs, yellow dwarfs, pulsars, etc. The EVA suit seems advanced enough to come equipped with everything for your protection, you would think with a push of a button it would activate some kind of UV/Light Spectrum reflector or protector.
                          sigpic
                          LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

So is destiny back to 100 percent full power? If she is, then she can stay in FTL for much longer or if she fights all the fire power will be maxed out. Remember they only recharged to 40 percent but Lt. Said they got a full tank of.gas...

Comment

Originally posted by LordRush View Post
                              Everything was good the only thing that bugged me and I see many others is the visor situation. I mean deep space exploration, bright stars, radiation, gamma rays, x rays, red dwarfs, yellow dwarfs, pulsars, etc. The EVA suit seems advanced enough to come equipped with everything for your protection, you would think with a push of a button it would activate some kind of UV/Light Spectrum reflector or protector.
                              I agree...even current EVA suits have a protective visor.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beastking50 View Post
                                So is destiny back to 100 percent full power? If she is, then she can stay in FTL for much longer or if she fights all the fire power will be maxed out. Remember they only recharged to 40 percent but Lt. Said they got a full tank of.gas...
                                Yes...they are 100% of 40% full!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X