Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it just a matter of time before Telford....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. No. No. Telford just need to raise hi both hand to shutdown those Droids like Volker did. If he need to re-activate them just touch it like TJ did. The Ancient has weird and unique ways in designing those droids.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Speculation. We have no idea what that substance is. Being unmanned I highly doubt it was water
      It looked like condensation from steam cooling to me.

I think the most likely option is the Stargate: Given that the ship has a gate factory (and probably remotes and kinos as well) and enough power to dial Earth, it seems at least possible that he could dial back to Destiny. Of course, he would have to explain that to the aliens first
      Like i said earlier. BUT i dubt it has kinos.. no need for them.

Telford could show off his basic Ancient skills at the console and the aliens would be wowed by his E-peen. All hail the mighty King Telford.
      I could just see telford lording it up as king to some aliens..

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
        A lot of other people say this coming right? I mean you couldn't have both Young and Telford trying to run the ship. I find it funny though how they set it up like Telford can be someone Young and lean on and trust but then as soon as that bond seems to be made BAM buy buy Telford. It all just seems kind of predictable to me, and to make it worse i was really starting to like him
        I think that the fact that Telford remained stuck with the aliens is a great opportunity for interesting plot development in future episodes.

Obviously, the writers might either ruin everything or create awesome stories starting from this.

Telford could learn their language, get to know the aliens and effectively be the character who does the first successful 'first contact' in SGU.

In the previous SG series it bothered me that the contacts with alien species too often turned into "the alies are evil , and the mighty humans will save the galaxy". But now I think there is hope that maybe we'll see a more complex relationship with this new species. I'd love to see one SGU episode with Telford and the aliens : stranded together on the ship and trying to work together to make it functional ....

Comment

Team Telford / Brownie ftw!
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

*Spoilers for S2 Ep 15..
            Spoiler:
            Haven't we seen Telford (in Joe Mallozzi's blog I think)
            in pictures for episode 15 with the Atlantis people and the ambassador from Kelowna?

Comment

I want to see another King Maybourne with his many wives. Super hillarious. Althought it'd be more visually pleasing if the aliens were not so ugly...

Comment

"from now on this fruit shall be named guango"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  "from now on this fruit shall be named guango"
                  Harry Maybourne is sueing you for copyright infringement
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                    In the previous SG series it bothered me that the contacts with alien species too often turned into "the alies are evil , and the mighty humans will save the galaxy". But now I think there is hope that maybe we'll see a more complex relationship with this new species. I'd love to see one SGU episode with Telford and the aliens : stranded together on the ship and trying to work together to make it functional ....
                    really? to me the asgard and the tok'ra were good guys, and sure they needed the help of the tour'i (sp) but they definetly did things on their own too.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Asgard kept the Goa'uld back for a good amount time. They were scared of the powerful Gray Alien ships. Gray aliens saved humanity, giving up all their tech.

The Brown aliens kind of look like E.T. and they chose to stun instead of kill. They have those big eyes, too. Awe... how cute.

So yeah, they need to learn English from Telford.

Anyhow, Destiny seemed to be chasing his seeder ship. Why the hell was it where it was? Are there any Stargates ahead of it? Was it going the other way when it stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                        I think that the fact that Telford remained stuck with the aliens is a great opportunity for interesting plot development in future episodes.

Obviously, the writers might either ruin everything or create awesome stories starting from this.

Telford could learn their language, get to know the aliens and effectively be the character who does the first successful 'first contact' in SGU.

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        really? to me the asgard and the tok'ra were good guys, and sure they needed the help of the tour'i (sp) but they definetly did things on their own too.
                        Yeah - the asguard were very allusive, they did not want to associate with the Tauri, because they viewed them as a child race, same with the Tok'ra, but the Tauri were a little more aggressive towards the Tok'ra who are arrogant to the max, just like their cousins the Gou'ld (sp?) but with the Asguard they seemed very humbled, I think it was because they were not human. So then moving onto the Pegasus Galaxy, the wraith, they definitely ticked them off big time and the Tauri became there no. 1 enemy. So now the humans move into Desitny, do they tick off any Aliens, well the first ones - blue ones, took humans to study, attacked the ship, so Tauri did not tick these aliens off, they were not the aggressor, the Tauri were just in the way and needed to be eliminated cause the Blues wanted Destiney. Now we come across the browns, they seem docile enough at the beginnng, with the first one squatting in a submissive pose, it remains to be seen what will happen with the rest and how will Telford react, if he tires to speak in peace he may get somewhere, I think possibly he was the right one to be on the seeder ship as he is not so volatile like Young is who just wants to shoot and kill all who oppose him. Anyway it would be good to see peaceful Aliens and I hope Telford can come to an understanding and a working relationship with them.
                        Last edited by Sevenofnine; 15 October 2010, 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling
                        I came, I saw, I conquered!
                        sigpic
                        We are unique! Created unique!
                        Sevenofnine

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
                          Anyhow, Destiny seemed to be chasing his seeder ship. Why the hell was it where it was? Are there any Stargates ahead of it? Was it going the other way when it stopped?
                          It was a bit strange how Destiny had enough information to continue travelling if the seeder ship that plots its course was stopped midway. I could only logically conclude that there were more than one seeder ship per route or that all the seeder ships are linked by subspace communication that relays information. Would be a smart idea to a couple of seeder ships in series just incase the first one got owned.

Comment

They make it clear that there are more than one of the seeder ships out there dropping gates.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Harry Maybourne is sueing you for copyright infringement
                              As rocky said in Rocky 5..."Sue me for what"

you need to rewatch the end.. it is the destiny that jumps to FTL not the seeder ship.

It was a bit strange how Destiny had enough information to continue travelling if the seeder ship that plots its course was stopped midway. I could only logically conclude that there were more than one seeder ship per route or that all the seeder ships are linked by subspace communication that relays information. Would be a smart idea to a couple of seeder ships in series just incase the first one got owned.
                              Either that or it came BACK to a point halfway..

Comment

I wonder what it's relation is to the other ships. Is it the oldest ship (and so malfunctioned wore out?) and got passed by newer replacements, is it the youngest and farthest behind? Getting interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X