X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    all i have to say is that it sucks that we lost telford

2 down 3 more of my favorite characters left to be killed if this isn't the last season at least i'm being given less reasons to watch
    Maybe they're trying to drive you away... I just hope TJ isn't one of your favorite characters. I don't want her to die. Or Scott and Greer for that matter.

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
    Again sorry to disagree.

I think there was a risk in dialling the gate. They were attempting to dial earth, needing huge power reserves, which they were taking from a ship they knew nothing about, which had aliens on they knew nothing about. Who knows what could go wrong!
    They knew enough to know the ship could sufficiently power the gate to dial back to Earth.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    The Asgard race is way less than hundred thousand years old, they only had space tech for 30,000 years.
    The destiny project was launch by the ancients millions of years ago. Way before the Asgard have even evolve language let alone technology or interacted with the ancients. There no way the new aliens could be related to the asgard.
    When was that stated?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No
    Rush could have easily let Telford to continue his work and reverse the energy drain instead of separating Destiny from seeder. Or use the bridge to see if it was going to work instead of automatically separating the two. Finally if Rush had been truthful about discovering the bridge and how to control Destiny they could of separated long before Telford's life was in peril
    I think Rush's motive was to get the ship back into FTL when everybody thought it was supposed to happen so they wouldn't know he has control. Not that I'm defending him or anything.

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
    I've watched every episode of stargate sg1/sga and now sgu and wanted to know when did we start calling sgc homeworld command? Maybe i missed it?
    The SGC and Homeworld Command are two separate places, both part of the Stargate program.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I don't know about you all, but it seemed a bit fishy that Rush was willing to stay on the seeder ship to "monitor" the power transfer so that everyone could gate home. In the previous episode, he even mentioned that the ship was designed to be ran by a crew; not one person. Rush needs everyone there so Destiny can have it's crew, allowing Rush to discover Destiny's purpose.
      I think Rush reversed the power transfer knowing that he could blame it on the aliens, hoping to run back to Destiny and undock it from the seeder ship from the bridge. Maybe the Browns stunned him because they realised what he was doing and then tried (and failed) to reverse the power flow from the console. They then dispersed among the ship to try and physically stop the transfer. Considering how much power the seeder ship had, the Browns would have had no reason to take more from Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mortock42 View Post
        I don't know about you all, but it seemed a bit fishy that Rush was willing to stay on the seeder ship to "monitor" the power transfer so that everyone could gate home. In the previous episode, he even mentioned that the ship was designed to be ran by a crew; not one person. Rush needs everyone there so Destiny can have it's crew, allowing Rush to discover Destiny's purpose.
        I think Rush reversed the power transfer knowing that he could blame it on the aliens, hoping to run back to Destiny and undock it from the seeder ship from the bridge. Maybe the Browns stunned him because they realised what he was doing and then tried (and failed) to reverse the power flow from the console. They then dispersed among the ship to try and physically stop the transfer. Considering how much power the seeder ship had, the Browns would have had no reason to take more from Destiny....
        Probably they did not want to have Destiny's power, but just get back the power Destiny had already taken from them. They did not want to be stuck on a ship without any power left. They inversed the power transfer and then disappeared in order not to be found so they were not present to stop the transfer and subsequently the seeder ship continued the process and finally it was taking more power than it had lost.
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

A couple of important things to note: Rush still can't control how long the ship remains in normal space. He can bring the ship out of FTL or alter it's course, but that's it. When the ship wants to jump into FTL, it will. Franklin was the only one who was able to command the ship to jump.

Originally posted by Mortock42 View Post

I think Rush reversed the power transfer knowing that he could blame it on the aliens, hoping to run back to Destiny and undock it from the seeder ship from the bridge. Maybe the Browns stunned him because they realised what he was doing and then tried (and failed) to reverse the power flow from the console. They then dispersed among the ship to try and physically stop the transfer. Considering how much power the seeder ship had, the Browns would have had no reason to take more from Destiny...
          It's possible, of course, and we'll probably never know for sure. But the fact was, the transfer was working and they were very close to dialing Earth. Rush might have stayed on the Seeder Ship or destiny, perhaps trying to find a way to work with the aliens. Just another option.

Comment

The power transfer only happened after Rush was stunned by the aliens. He may have done something to interrupt it, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeynox View Post
              I've watched every episode of stargate sg1/sga and now sgu and wanted to know when did we start calling sgc homeworld command? Maybe i missed it?
              in season 9, o'neill was appointed head of homeworld command, and it was co-existing with the sgc. why they don't mention the sgc in sgu,i don't know. it was still around during sga so it existed after they defeated the ori. i hope we see it in sgu.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                A couple of important things to note: Rush still can't control how long the ship remains in normal space. He can bring the ship out of FTL or alter it's course, but that's it. When the ship wants to jump into FTL, it will. Franklin was the only one who was able to command the ship to jump.
                Are you certain about these facts?

Comment

I have to say that this episode got me back into the SGU mood. No smutt, plenty of adventure, they explored a ship! Plenty of plot movement, we got to see just how "crazy" Rush is, got to meet a new alien, dealt with the Lucian alliance and the dash of false hope...not to mention seeing Telford not act like a jerk, I guess the pre brainwashed telford was a pretty nice guy. I want him incharge of the Destiny, but sadly that is not so
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I loved this Episode, and with this Episode Telford overthroned Rush and Young as one of my favourite characters... I really started to like him, we are gonna see him again right?
                    Spoiler:
                    because some scenes in the trailer shows telford that were not shown in the show yet
                    . The Aliens are cool and the obligatory we are giving them food stuff was nicley done... although repititive especially in stargate . A Question asside, do you know if there is gonna be any kinosodes this season? i kinda miss them maybe?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                      Are you certain about these facts?
                      Aftermath quote:

GLORIA
                      Let's see. What are you trying to do?

RUSH
                      Figure out how to control how long Destiny stops when it drops out of FTL.
                      sigpic

Comment

While you're welcome to your opinion, I'm a bit tired of the Rush bashing. There are perfectly valid things you can knock him for, but this ain't it. Riley wasn't totally his fault; Young gave the order for them to go to the planet, and it was a risk worth taking, considering their low supplies. **** happens, and regardless of whether the shuttle would have landed safely, there was always the chance there would have been something dangerous on the planet and someone could have died.

Remember back, not so long ago, when Young had the choice to sacrifice Telford to save the crew and didn't? Yeah, that worked out real well. Everyone agrees that was stupid of Young. So, either you agree that sometimes a sacrifice is necessary, or you don't. In a cynical universe, an idealist (who believes you can save everyone) is a naive idiot. Therefore, Rush is acting perfectly inline with the atmosphere demanded by this series universe.

Will make a general episode post later on, after I let everything roll around in my head a bit, but just had to get this bit out first.
                        I don't think Rush should have made a unilateral decision to send the shuttle. That being said, I don't think Rush is automatically culpable for Riley's death. It all depends on how desperate their supply situation was and how long they would likely have had to wait for another habitable planet. If Young would likely have made the same decision to risk the shuttle given the added danger the planet presented then Rush would not have been responsible. Rush was responsible for withholding critical information Young needed to weigh the factors and make an informed decision. If the supply situation wasn't desperate enough to warrant risking the shuttle then he was. If the call could have gone either way then his decision would have been poor judgment. The situations Destiny faces are very dangerous and lives are going to be lost. It is always very easy and often not fair to judge a situation with 20/20 hindsight.

Given how the circumstances played out I think it more likely that Rush didn’t made the right decision and does bear responsibility for Riley’s death.

Comment

One thing I found intersting was that the ladders between decks within the seeder ship highly resembled the ladders between the decks in the Aurora in SGA. Not amazing in itself, but it makes you wonder how long most of their technology/designs have actually been around. It also begs the question of when their technological advancement plateaued.

Maybe they inititially found the milky way devoid of life and created the Destiny and the seeder ships to find the few planets in the cosmos that had it. But when they created the device on Dakara that could make life, maybe they were like...eh... might as well stay here. (then again, I can't remember...was that device originally created to eliminate the plague that threatened the ancient's civilization, then to be used to replenish life within the galaxy after the plague was gone?? )

Comment

About Telford, anything is possible, but he stayed behind to help, knowing that the Aliens were on the ship with him.

Spoiler:
                            If Rush had said,"hey guys I can disconnect the ship." Then Telford could have tried to leave rather than stay behind.

Also if Rush would have stopped the FTL jump they could have gotten Telford. There is no excuse for what Rush is doing.

I hope they hold Rush responsible for this and last episode as well. Hopefully Telford can make nice and we will se him and the Aliens again.

I do like the Aliens
                            sigpic
                            Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Destiny didn't really lock it out. It just didn't consider it an option because the gate wasn't working. In that light, Young had the same information Rush did. Young could have easily said: "Hmm, no gate, could be too dangerous. Let's all just sit here and not go." There would have been nothing Rush could have done about that. I suppose people would have still found a way to blame Rush for it, though.

Despite that, going to ANY planet is dangerous. It seems like people want to pin Riley's death on Rush because they hate him so much that everything just HAS to be his fault somehow, while completely ignoring the fact that Young gave the order. Young had the final say. Rush gave them a chance for supplies. A risk? Yes, but then again, everything is.

What would you pick? Sit there and starve, or go to the planet that has vegetation for a chance to get more food? I think you're answer will say very clearly whether Rush is to blame. Does he bear some responsibility for it? Yes. But people are making it sound like Rush deliberately killed the guy. Last I checked, that was done by someone else.
                              Rush was responsible for withholding critical information Young needed to weigh the factors and make an informed decision. If the supply situation wasn't desperate enough to warrant risking the shuttle then Young would likely not have ordered the shuttle to go there. If Young would likely have still ordered it to go then Rush would not have been responsible for Riley's death.
                              Last edited by Blackhole; 14 October 2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                                Rush was responsible for withholding critical information Young needed to weigh the factors and make an informed decision. If the supply situation wasn't desperate enough to warrant risking the shuttle then Young would likely not have ordered the shuttle to go there. If Young would likely have still ordered it to go then he would not have been responsible for Riley's death.
                                he? who do you mean? Rush or Young? just to understand it correctly
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X