This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    Don't try to change the subject. If he had sabotaged the ship, she'd have said so.
    I'm not changing the subject. If you can't see the forest, then I'll lead you one tree at a time.

What is Rush's dream?

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
      I'm not changing the subject. If you can't see the forest, then I'll lead you one tree at a time.

What is Rush's dream?
      Leading questions aren't going to make you right, and it is changing the subject. You can't support your position on the facts. You still have yet to prove Rush did anything. You're stuck on blaming Rush, and the only way you can is by claiming he has the motive to do it. Motive doesn't equal guilt, no matter how much you want it to.

Comment

I think rush's dream has to do with completing the Destiny's mission..

Comment

Leading questions aren't going to make you right, and it is changing the subject. You can't support your position on the facts. You still have yet to prove Rush did anything. You're stuck on blaming Rush, and the only way you can is by claiming he has the motive to do it. Motive doesn't equal guilt, no matter how much you want it to.
          Motive = Desire = Want = Action.
          Rush has the capability, opportunity, MOTIVE.
          The result is EXACTLY what Rush wanted.
          If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, smells like a duck, IT's a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I think rush's dream has to do with completing the Destiny's mission..
            And my point is, how would Rush do that all by himself? If he's the only one left on Destiny, he would spend almost all of his time procuring supplies for survival, which would leave him with no time to carry on Destiny's mission.
            Ergo, he needs a crew. Which means he won't let them go home.

Comment

Motive = Desire = Want = Action.
              Rush has the capability, opportunity, MOTIVE.
              The result is EXACTLY what Rush wanted.
              If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, smells like a duck, IT's a duck.
              No, motive only equals desire. People have had motive to do many things. Motive ends at desire. He had a reason, no more. He did not have the means, as is apparent in the episode. As I've said over and over, no matter how much you rant about motive, the fact is that he could not have done it, and no amount of pointing and saying "he wanted to" will change that. You're trying to demonize him, nothing more.

Comment

No, motive only equals desire. People have had motive to do many things. Motive ends at desire. He had a reason, no more. He did not have the means, as is apparent in the episode. As I've said over and over, no matter how much you rant about motive, the fact is that he could not have done it, and no amount of pointing and saying "he wanted to" will change that. You're trying to demonize him, nothing more.
                Last time I checked, desire = want.
                You, obviously, slept through the episode.
                He was sitting at the control interface, what other means are there to put thing into effect?
                He had time to put things into motion, which, according to you is impossible.
                I'm calling it as I see it. I don't have to demonize him, he's doing a good job all by himself.

Comment

Last time I checked, desire = want.
                  You, obviously, slept through the episode.
                  He was sitting at the control interface, what other means are there to put thing into effect?
                  He had time to put things into motion, which, according to you is impossible.
                  I'm calling it as I see it. I don't have to demonize him, he's doing a good job all by himself.
                  You're demonizing him, because the aliens are clearly running the ship when everything goes bad. You want him to be evil, so you try to make him guilty of something he is not. There isn't any more to it.

Comment

You're demonizing him, because the aliens are clearly running the ship when everything goes bad. You want him to be evil, so you try to make him guilty of something he is not. There isn't any more to it.
                    I don't have to make him anything. Rush is what he is. Rush wants what he wants, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Which is, obviously, over your head.
                    All you see the Aliens do is tap buttons at the console that Rush was at.
                    You assume that the Aliens started the process of power flow from Destiny to Seeder ship. There is no proof of that, seen or otherwise.
                    And I have, previously argued that if the Aliens did do it, it would be illogical for them to abandon the control room until the process is completed.
                    It makes absolutely no sense for them to abandon the control room, especially after Rush argued with Young that he should stay until Destiny established a connection with Earth. That was exactly the reason Rush gave Young in order to remain behind, solo.
                    And the power flow stopped when Rush was clearly alone at the console.

All these bits add up after a while.
                    You want to ignore it. By all means, go right ahead. Keep the blinders on.
                    I won't.

Comment

Your theory makes no more sense than you assume the aliens do. Why make a half-effort to fix Rush's problems then leave well before anyone could find them? Why would that one they caught suddenly freak out and bolt? There's no logic to your accusations, only the desire to make Rush guilty. It's your only motivation and your only proof for your opinion. To you he must be guilty, so you exaggerate his motives and call him guilty without a shred of proof. The only one wearing blinders here is you. I'm done with this, because you obviously won't be happy unless Rush is always guilty.

Comment

Your theory makes no more sense than you assume the aliens do. Why make a half-effort to fix Rush's problems then leave well before anyone could find them? Why would that one they caught suddenly freak out and bolt? There's no logic to your accusations, only the desire to make Rush guilty. It's your only motivation and your only proof for your opinion. To you he must be guilty, so you exaggerate his motives and call him guilty without a shred of proof. The only one wearing blinders here is you. I'm done with this, because you obviously won't be happy unless Rush is always guilty.
                        I prefer to lay the blame at the foot of the one responsible. If a course of action is reasonable for one party, then, it's also reasonable for another party to act the same way.
                        This is not what happened. Rush stays while the Aliens leave.
                        This specific difference is the reason why I have to look further into the situation. More so than what the actual scenes show.
                        Then, all the other tidbits come into play.
                        You're ignoring the difference and any other tidbits. Your choice to keep blinders on.

Comment

Yes rush was still there.. OUT COLD. Stunned...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            A couple of important things to note: Rush still can't control how long the ship remains in normal space. He can bring the ship out of FTL or alter it's course, but that's it. When the ship wants to jump into FTL, it will. Franklin was the only one who was able to command the ship to jump.

It's possible, of course, and we'll probably never know for sure. But the fact was, the transfer was working and they were very close to dialing Earth. Rush might have stayed on the Seeder Ship or destiny, perhaps trying to find a way to work with the aliens. Just another option.
                            one thing I do not get. the seed ship is older than destiny. but the seed ship power reserve is at 100% and the destiny cannot recharge their power reserve's to 100%???

Comment

Originally posted by SGU1 View Post
                              one thing I do not get. the seed ship is older than destiny. but the seed ship power reserve is at 100% and the destiny cannot recharge their power reserve's to 100%???
                              Neither ship is at 100%. However, the fact that the Seeder ship power reserves were higher would indicate that it stays in FTL for longer stretches than Destiny.
                              Which dovetails right into the theory that Seeder Ships conduct a rotating schedule of docking with Destiny.
                              Just a theory, mind you, however, it makes more sense this way, rather than the Seeder Ship broke down.

Comment

Another amazing occasion to send away the noobs and call the pros was thrown away in the trashbin.
                                What a waste...

Comment

Working...
                                X