This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    We found out later that they were aliens that did it, so it had nothing to do with faith.
    Doesn't matter what happened many episodes after that. It's about what characters did in the given episode.

Clearly, there is difference in opinions and it might not be solved, so better left alone IMO.
    Fair enough.
    sigpic

Comment

We found out later that they were aliens that did it, so it had nothing to do with faith.
      Clearly, there is difference in opinions and it might not be solved, so better left alone IMO.
      We found out later. Later. Again, l-a-t-e-r. The people who stayed did so because they had faith, in the gods, the aliens or whoever. I don't see how anyone could possibly miss the connection.
      sigpic

Comment

can anyone tell me why when the alarm goes off Greer is keeping Camille back not permitting her to run out of the building and he himself is staying behind?
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          can anyone tell me why when the alarm goes off Greer is keeping Camille back not permitting her to run out of the building and he himself is staying behind?
          I assumed he was trying to put her somewhere safe (under the desk) because they could have blindly run into bigger trouble.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            I think he was trying to protect her. People outside the room died. The only one who was alive came after it happened. I'm talking about the Lucian alliance pilot in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              I assumed he was trying to put her somewhere safe (under the desk) because they could have blindly run into bigger trouble.
              I think he was trying to protect her. People outside the room died. The only one who was alive came after it happened. I'm talking about the Lucian alliance pilot in disguise.
              okay, thank you, good point
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                I was GLUED to the television last night. Not because I cared about what happened to the SGU people but because I wanted to see what was happening on Earth. Too bad we'll probably never see the SG-1 movie, which this episode was likely set up to show the SGU side of.

Disguested isn't a strong enough word to describe why we didn't hear the slightest iota of information on the HEAD of the facility that was hit or where Earth's fleet might be.
                I think that was made on purpose. We didn't get much info because the either they are saving that for future series (I wish.. ) or they are leaving us with the dispense because its a plot event. Something to use on Destiny. They are cut off from Earth. they know Earth has been attacked. Did they survive or do they have a full blown war on the hands? Have the Stargate program been revealed to the public..?? Lots of questions. Its horrible not to know isn't.. but I think that is the point.

I would have loved to see another show following this event, the revelation of the Stargate program. A war with the Alliance and all that..

Anyway, great episode.

I wish this wasn't the end of SGU. I love these characters (actress/actors) and stories, its not fair... Can't SGU continue as webisodes (just like Sanctuary started?)

Comment

OMG, I just realized something. I realized what might happen in the future in order to contact Destiny.
                  Spoiler:
                  I tried to connect everything and I thought about the Atlantis guest stars. What if Atlantis' wormhole device is going to be used to reach Destiny and maybe even get people back to Earth using Destiny.

Is that possible?

Comment

This episode is the perfect example why this show is dead. It just doesnt make sense when compared to what we've seen in the past Stargate stories. Thats why many fans left. This episode pissed me off.

Stranded people are never left behind, still HC is considering it. O'Neill is running HC, doesnt make sense at all.

Although LA grabbed lots of tech and stuff, going directly after Earth, the civilization that befriend the most advanced races and defeated the most evil ones... they must have a suicidal wish of some kind.

And for the last time, Destiny IS NOT 1 MILLION YEARS OLD. The fact that they are still holding to their initial error just proves how pig headed they are. How can Destiny be 1mil if Atlantis is at least 5mil and light years ahead in tech.

This show is dead cause it doesnt make any (insert rude word) sense.

Comment

OMG, I just realized something. I realized what might happen in the future in order to contact Destiny.
                      Spoiler:
                      I tried to connect everything and I thought about the Atlantis guest stars. What if Atlantis' wormhole device is going to be used to reach Destiny and maybe even get people back to Earth using Destiny.

Is that possible?
                      A lot of people have speculated on what you mentioned in the spoiler. However, considering how the show isn't into quick fixes such as that (and they don't really know Destiny's position in space) it seems unlikely that will be employed.

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                      This episode is the perfect example why this show is dead. It just doesnt make sense when compared to what we've seen in the past Stargate stories. Thats why many fans left. This episode pissed me off.

Stranded people are never left behind, still HC is considering it. O'Neill is running HC, doesnt make sense at all.

Although LA grabbed lots of tech and stuff, going directly after Earth, the civilization that befriend the most advanced races and defeated the most evil ones... they must have a suicidal wish of some kind.

And for the last time, Destiny IS NOT 1 MILLION YEARS OLD. The fact that they are still holding to their initial error just proves how pig headed they are. How can Destiny be 1mil if Atlantis is at least 5mil and light years ahead in tech.

This show is dead cause it doesnt make any (insert rude word) sense.
                      While I understand where you are coming from I respectfully disagree with your reasoning. First it wasn't just Homeworld Command considering leaving the crew behind it was the US Senate, and since they control the USAF's budget they would ultimately have the final say. Second, the LA has been angry at Earth since they first appeared on SG-1. They want to establish their own little empires and are willing to use force to do so and probably don't feel they owe anybody anything for the fall of the Goa'uld. Finally Dr. Covel did say that Destiny predated all known Ancient technologies.
                      Last edited by jsonitsac; 22 March 2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                        A lot of people have speculated on what you mentioned in the spoiler. However, considering how the show isn't into quick fixes such as that (and they don't really know Destiny's position in space) it seems unlikely that will be employed.
                        You're right and if these things happened, then SGU wouldn't have been cancelled. I'm just so upset coz it had lots and lots of potential. Why did they ruin it!!!!

Comment

I'm confused, who is "they," and what was it that "they" ruined?

Comment

Solid episode. Nice Wray / Greer moments and the new characters were interesting.

I liked the fact that Young and Rush did a little de-brief with Telford at the beignning to go over what happened in the previous episode, nice continuity.

Young really seems to be backing Rush up these days (publicly at least), no hesitation when he says of other Telfords death that 'It was an accident.' and he defends Rush to the Senator too - and it was nice that Rush got to hear that.

In fact they're getting on so well I'm just waiting to see what the writers will do to throw a spanner in the works - I give it at most 2 more episodes of playing nice.

Comment

I'm confused, who is "they," and what was it that "they" ruined?
                              TPTB
                              Writers, directors, producers and such.

Comment

Second, the LA has been angry at Earth since they first appeared on SG-1. They want to establish their own little empires and are willing to use force to do so and probably don't feel they owe anybody anything for the fall of the Goa'uld. Finally Dr. Covel did say that Destiny predated all known Ancient technologies.
                                Thus proving Sci Fi Writers Have No Sense of Scale.

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
                                Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
                                English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)

Adams had it right; very few people can grasp just how big space is. So here's the thing: there is enough room for everyone. There is more than enough space and planets out there. The LA can establish their own section of the galaxy far from Earth, and never have to deal with them. They could send in brainwashed spies occasionally just to see what they are up to, but this is why attacking Earth is dumb as hell. I don't know how else I can say it, but then again, people have very little clue as to just how big space is. You'd think the writers would know this, given how far away they put Destiny, but apparently not.

This is my biggest beef with all the movies like Independence Day and Signs, where aliens come to take over Earth. Why? Earth has no special resources. Indeed, there are 7 or 8 other planets and various moons in our own system that has everything we do... and you can get it without having to deal with Earthlings. Sure, I like a good, fun, mindless action movie like Independence day; but when a show goes serious like SGU, the bar for expectations goes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X