No announcement yet.

The Bridge - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its interesting that, theorising under the assumption that Rush isnt going bat**** insane, the manifestation the ship is providing to him differs depending on the situation, it shows Gloria to him when they are debating moral issues and yet when something technical comes up it manifests Uploaded Franklin to point out the flaws in his calculations. Also the Gloria avatar appears to have no knowledge of Uploaded Franklin, perhaps because Gloria herself never knew him?
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
      I agree. It seems that Destiny is evaluating Rush's fitness to command. Why else ask, what do you intend to do. After watching it for the 3rd time.
      I wonder if perhaps Destiny is testing all of them, through the only one who has successfully gotten access to control it. By asking "What do you intend to do," Destiny might be asking both the immediate question and a greater one aimed at understanding what the humans intend to do now that they have full access. A final security system, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
        Destiny is testing Rush.
        yep, I've believed that since Human, when the Destiny-manifestations showed up.

And beyond that, that Destiny is testing all of them, keeping track via those kinos?
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

The Observation deck is where? The Bridge is where?

Couldn't someone standing on the Observation deck be able to see the Bridge had risen out of the superstructure of Destiny? If nothing else, getting rid of the shuttle removes people noticing it via that route.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

The bridge is at the very top of the pyramid structure. The observation deck is on a lower floor of the same area. It's impossible to see the bridge from any point of the living area of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              It's impossible to see the bridge from any point of the living area of the ship.
              Yup. I've been looking over some photos, and I suspect you are correct.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Although, there is that window on the roof of the gateroom (seen during the sun diving scene in Earth) that may be able to see the pyramid.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Although, there is that window on the roof of the gateroom (seen during the sun diving scene in Earth) that may be able to see the pyramid.
                  The gate room doesn't have a window. It's in the pyramid with everything else.

Comment

Uh:
                    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=901&pos=905

That there is the gate room, it's near the end of the episode earth, it zooms out from the gate room, revealing its position in the ship.

Comment

Huh, never noticed that. It might be visible from that angle.

Comment

The Bridge actually rising from and lowering into the superstructure may look cool, however, I wonder if they are going to address how access is achieved while the Bridge is in the "upright" position?

When Rush first discovered the Bridge, its floor level was equal to the floor level of the exterior corridor. As we see, the Bridge rises at least five feet. Do ramps "magically" appear? If the Bridge is in the raised position, there should be no way for someone to walk in through the same doors Rush used and see the Bridge from the same angle as when it is lowered.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

That's probably why it has the outer door.

Comment

Either the outer door closes when the Bridge is raised, or perhaps the televator lobby with the outer door is also a part of the block itself, and thus is always at the same level as the Bridge proper. Not sure we saw evidence either way, but I could be wrong.

Comment

It would make sense to make the hidden command room inaccessible when in business mode. That's why there's a ships comm. And windows, and ???. What's the term? Panic Room! Since most of the ships day to day functions don't have anything to do with that room.

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
                                Uh:
                                http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=901&pos=905

That there is the gate room, it's near the end of the episode earth, it zooms out from the gate room, revealing its position in the ship.
                                but would anybody actually notice a new compartment raised 5 foot (ish) given the circumstances? - I mean they'd have to had previously looked at the exact spot on the hull to notice anything different now.

(I'm spoiler free) I think it's far more likely the rest of the crew will find the bridge through either noticing the increased power usage in that area, someone will get suspicious and follow Rush, or such a situation will occur where he has to give up the location in order to save something (himself perhaps?).

Comment

Working...
                                X