• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carterhawk View Post
    I'm gonna say it: Ancients?
    To what are you referring? Curious.

Comment

Those people appearing to Rush might be ancients.

But I'm not sure.

I personally think they are manifestations of the Destiny that are trying to figure out Rush and possibly the rest of the people on board, so it's not going to give Rush a lot of information until it determines if it can trust them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        Those people appearing to Rush might be ancients.

But I'm not sure.

I personally think they are manifestations of the Destiny that are trying to figure out Rush and possibly the rest of the people on board, so it's not going to give Rush a lot of information until it determines if it can trust them or not.
        That makes sense. Gloria is always questioning him to find out his motives and what he does when given an opporunity. Then when he needs information Franklin chimes in. Kinda like the little angel and devil on his shoulders... Franklin came in when Rush needed the info, he wasn't going to find it on his own, so the ship said, "Ok, the shuttle and people on board are in danger if we don't notify him of the situation." So the ship told him what he needed, and then went back to analyzing him
        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Anyone notice that the door to the bridge looks more like a ga'uld ship than any other door on Destiny?

Rush keeping it a secret for now is OKAY IMO. Given the who's in charge this week scenarios we've had in the past ten or so episodes. Even this one, has Telford now claiming to be in charge. Will the real slim shady please stand up?

Comment

Also dont forget that if the ship is boarded, the guys on the bridge can just raise the thing and it blocks all access. You have control of the ship, you see whats going on outside and nobody can get inside. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
              When Rush sees Franklin he's not hallucinating, when Rush sees Gloria he's hallucinating
              Part of me agrees, but part also feels that BOTH were not hallucinations, and were the ships way of conversing with rush.

I'm a Rush fan, but was not a fan in this episode. He was reckless and cost a man his life, plus the loss of the shuttle. If Rush had Eli and a few of the scientists up there they could possibly accomplish some great things.
              Perhaps his regret of causing the crash/riley's death forces his hand in giving info out that he has cracked the code/found the bridge.
              BUT i would like to know why it had 2 doors..

So is there three stations and the big chair? Weapons, Shields, Navigation? Where's the ships counselor going to sit? Or number Two? I like that the chair is in the back
              It actually looked like 3 up front, 2 near the sides and the central chair.
              Weapons 1, comms 2, nav 3, tactical 4, sensors 5, something else 6...

The real question is what were they looking at / cliff hanger. Hopefully it's not a seeder ship bailout. That would be far too conveinent.
              From the previews for next ep, it is..

I don't think it's a coincidence that these visions only appear once he has the key to Destiny's systems and is on the bridge. I think neither of the visions, his wife nor Franklin are hallucinations.
              That is an interesting point. Even after the chair we have never seen Gloria appear to rush whether as a vision, dream or otherwise.. Now all of a sudden after he access the bridge, there she is.

Did they actually show the bridge rise and fall?
              Well, we see a 'square' of roof/ceiling rise up from the outside then see the windows..

Also dont forget that if the ship is boarded, the guys on the bridge can just raise the thing and it blocks all access. You have control of the ship, you see whats going on outside and nobody can get inside. I like that.
              Especially if no one else even knows where it is, let alone knows the code to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                So is there three stations and the big chair? Weapons, Shields, Navigation? Where's the ships counselor going to sit? Or number Two? I like that the chair is in the back. The commander doesn't have to watch his back as much. Which this crew is going to need.
                We can probably look at the "newer" ship designs for the answers to those questions. Aurora class ships had the central command chair, then the XO would float about, probably doing the micromanagement leaving the big picture stuff to the CO, if indeed the XO was expected to be on the bridge at the same time as the CO.

I didn't get a good count of the number of stations, but it definitely had a real world naval/submarine feel, rather than the Star Trek "umbrella station" thing (or even Stargate's own "we can control every system from 2 stations" schtick) going on. I'd imagine there would be two or three stations devoted to all of the departments on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by radiosgalore View Post
                  it's possible. they both seemed to come outta nowhere. but what the heck is Rush playing at hiding the fact he has full or virtually full control of Destiny? i mean come on if he can go to the bridge and do whatever arent they gonna have to form some sort of brigde crew? Young being Captain and Rush probably in charge of engineering? ok that sound very star trekkie but it's like 2.40 AM here and i'm shattered
                  Rush wants to be in charge and doesn't want to give control to Young because Young is focused on finding a way to get back and Rush wants to help Destiny with her mission. They have different goals so Rush does not want to give control to Young.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                    I think hallucinations may be a poor choice of word - in that a hallucination in the generally accepted sense is something that doesn't exist and I do believe these things exist, just that it's something Destiny-related. So a hallucination in the sense that it is something that Rush sees, that is real, but that other people don't see. I wonder if other people would see different things.
                    I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but aren't Rush and Chloe the only ones who have seen manifestations of people who are dead or missing? Chloe interacted with the "ghost" of her father back in Season 1... I don't remember if that was before or after Rush and Chloe were captured by the Blue aliens. If it was after, perhaps the ability to interact with people who are dead or (wherever Franklin is) was another "gift" given to them by the Blueys.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

wasnt Chole seeing her father b/c of alien tick?

Comment

Chloe's (as well as Rush's, Scott's, James', Greer's etc) hallucinations were all caused by alien tick venom. The only [seemingly] Destiny-driven hallucinations appear for Rush, because he sat in the chair.

It makes me wonder what Franklin would have saw, or what Young would have seen, had he ended up sitting in the chair.
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Thanks for reminding me about Chloe's hallucination. I'd forgotten about the evil tick.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            I don't think it's a coincidence that these visions only appear once he has the key to Destiny's systems and is on the bridge. I think neither of the visions, his wife nor Franklin are hallucinations.
                            I mentioned this as my opinion in another post but consider this. Remember when McKay sunk to the bottom of the ocean in a jumper and he was sure that he was going to die. He was stressed to no end and his subconscious manifested Sam Carter who help him see and solve problems. McKay was actually solving these problem within his own mind. It is just possible with the lack of sleep, LA incursion stresses, post stress from him being tortured by Dannic & Kiva that this may be what we are seeing. I do think it is possible that the bridge/chair connection had something to do with it all but we will have to wait and see how this unfolds.

I am sure Young is already suspicious of Rush about his disappearances. You can just see it in Young's face/reactions that he doesn't believe his answers. Young just doesn't know exactly why he is lying but he is going to suspect just like he did in "Light" thinking that Rush knew that they were not going to die crashing into the sun.

Comment

I for one totally think rush's wife and franklin were the result of destiny. I dont know how, maybe not necessarily a hologram but maybe they the chair figured out how to mess w/rush's head as a result of the chair?

When it was only his wife i thought it was hullicination, but once franklin showed up (which i cheered out loud at!) i was definitely on board with it being destiny. I think the ship knows enough that rush is clearly not an ancient and in order to successfully follow or lead the mission it will need to be done by a TEAM of people, not a single individual. And for rush to truly come to that realization it cannot be forced upon him, he needs to figure it out for himself.

Comment

It's going to take a long time for Rush to swallow his pride and ask for help...

Comment

Working...
                                X