No announcement yet.

The Bridge - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that the bridge retracts. It's like we get to have our cake and we get to eat it too - we get to have the classic "Star Trek approach" of having the bridge be the "crown" of the ship while still preventing it from being an obvious target when it retracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
      When Rush sees Franklin he's not hallucinating, when Rush sees Gloria he's hallucinating
      and how are we sure?
      Does anyone else go, hey, that's Franklin, and he's back? Because if it's just Rush seeing him, I'd bet he's hallucinating

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
      If you look carefully on the far left hand side as the lights come on you can see an Ancient expresso machine.

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
      I'm a Rush fan, but was not a fan in this episode. He was reckless and cost a man his life, plus the loss of the shuttle. If Rush had Eli and a few of the scientists up there they could possibly accomplish some great things.
      I like Rush for his flaws too
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Makes complete sense from a short term and long term viewpoint.

In the short term its protected if there is a battle when it's retracted

It's also not a big x marks the spot. Imagine if it wasn't retracted when the blue guys came across Destiny, it would be like the ship saying. "look at me alien bad guys, here's my control center, this is the best place to gain access, so attack me there!'.

In the long term, it ensure(d) that the bridge would be intact when the ancients actually arrived on the ship. Just look at the big dome with a hole in it from Air, the bridge would likely have met a similar fate if it wasn't retracted.

All of these Star Trek types that have the bridge exposed are just silly, its a bit of a carryover from old naval ships tbh. Much more viable to have it in the belly of the beast as it were.

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post

All of these Star Trek types that have the bridge exposed are just silly, its a bit of a carryover from old naval ships tbh. Much more viable to have it in the belly of the beast as it were.
          Stargate franchise at least have shields which can account while Star Trek.... well Star Trek commanders are too dumb to aim for nerve center to have 1 shot 1 kill.
          The cake is a lie...

Comment

So is there three stations and the big chair? Weapons, Shields, Navigation? Where's the ships counselor going to sit? Or number Two? I like that the chair is in the back. The commander doesn't have to watch his back as much. Which this crew is going to need.

The real question is what were they looking at / cliff hanger. Hopefully it's not a seeder ship bailout. That would be far too conveinent. Jupiter station, this is Destiny 1, we're coming in for repairs and supplies... Please have donuts and poptarts waiting. Plus a couple extra shuttles.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
              When Rush sees Franklin he's not hallucinating, when Rush sees Gloria he's hallucinating
              I'm actually with you on this, I mean it can be totally wrong but my reasoning is Gloria is very evasive in her answers and really doesnt give rush any info he doesnt already have. Then Franklin comes outta no where and gives him real info and doesnt beat around the bush.

Again could be wrong but its what im thinking right now

Comment

if she is an Hallucination - means she is him - why doesnt she know Dr. Franklin?

they are both ship interface devices from his time in the chair. The ship also chose the memory he used to find the code - his wife's death. Maybe the thought or sight of her calms alters his brain slightly so that the info is more clearly understood.

"part of the brain needs to be of kilter for ball players and artist" Bull Durham

Comment

Its nice to see all the people in Rush's head, not be angels!

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

I don't think it's a coincidence that these visions only appear once he has the key to Destiny's systems and is on the bridge. I think neither of the visions, his wife nor Franklin are hallucinations.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      I don't think it's a coincidence that these visions only appear once he has the key to Destiny's systems and is on the bridge. I think neither of the visions, his wife nor Franklin are hallucinations.
                      I think hallucinations may be a poor choice of word - in that a hallucination in the generally accepted sense is something that doesn't exist and I do believe these things exist, just that it's something Destiny-related. So a hallucination in the sense that it is something that Rush sees, that is real, but that other people don't see. I wonder if other people would see different things.
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Hi Guys,

Been away for a while. Haven't seen the episode yet but have seen a preview.
                        It has been suggested that the bridge rises and falls for protection but from what i can see in the preview there is just a huge Blast Door which protects the room in case of a battle, much like the SGC has that Blast Door which comes down to protect the operations room.
                        The only difference is that the blast doors retracts down.

Did they actually show the bridge rise and fall?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

I'm gonna say it: Ancients?

Comment

it's possible. they both seemed to come outta nowhere. but what the heck is Rush playing at hiding the fact he has full or virtually full control of Destiny? i mean come on if he can go to the bridge and do whatever arent they gonna have to form some sort of brigde crew? Young being Captain and Rush probably in charge of engineering? ok that sound very star trekkie but it's like 2.40 AM here and i'm shattered

Comment

Working...
                                X