This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    your not going to win. your right but once jels convinced of something you won't win.
    To be fair, he may technically be right. If they screwed up and buried the model flat in the first shot, then it's just a continuity error. Need screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      the gate was standing the whole time, if it wasn't then explain how they got it standing
      it was definitely standing when they went through, if anything it may have been tipped to the side slightly and they just stood it up but personally i think it was just standing vertical and we're all arguing over nothing(as usual). =D

Comment

To me the whole Lucian Alliance subplot should have been a single episode in its own right. Felt to rushed to and "oh this happened to" for me.

Comment

Three things I loved about this episode
          1. Riley comment about the gun & young being blamed! Priceless
          2. Rush & the whole finding the bridge
          etc
          3 the LA resason for comming to the ship being given!

Overall my favorite episode of the series outside of justice!

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

"Hey! Let's kill off the very likable character we've created!"

Way to be original you guys...
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashman View Post
              Three things I loved about this episode
              1. Riley comment about the gun & young being blamed! Priceless
              2. Rush & the whole finding the bridge
              etc
              3 the LA resason for comming to the ship being given!

Overall my favorite episode of the series outside of justice!
              agreed! great episode!

1) I definitely laughed out loud at that one
              2) It was the phattest thing ever seeing the bridge actually rise up out of the top of the pyramid like a bunker(no wonder we could never find it in screenies!)
              3) I still think theres more to the LA being there than meets the eye

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post

Oh please. Nothing is original. You could decry every aspect of every show on those grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                  the gate was standing the whole time, if it wasn't then explain how they got it standing
                  I don't know. How about moving it upward

It makes no sense for people like Greer and Eli to be standing on top of it and then walking through it like the average gate. Their is an orientation error if the gate wasn't moved up ward
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post

Your right... RUN PARK! THEY'LL COME FOR YOU NEXT!
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

I loved this episode! This is the first episode that kept my attention the whole episode! IMHO Young needs to be taken out of command he went too far with that LA member!! When Rush found the bridge and it rose up like that that was too cool!!! I understand why Rush is hiding the bridge, but that choice resulted in the death of Riley, which made me cry (the first episode this season to make me cry!) I really like Riley. And the whole Gloria and Franklin story line is interesting. I really enjoyed this episode!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

It makes no sense for people like Greer and Eli to be standing on top of it and then walking through it like the average gate. Their is an orientation error if the gate wasn't moved up ward
                        Stargates are very heavy, and taken lots of people with ropes and such to get one standing, and I just rewatched this part and the gate was in standing, you can tell because it curves down rather than to the sides

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

For starters, gate weigh something like 25+ tons in-show.

You're not getting what happened. Greer and Eli are standing on top of the gate because it was buried in a rock slide. The top of the gate is the highest point. It didn't tip over, it was just covered. They unburied it, then walked through.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            Those are not plot. The real plot of the episode is about the crew crashing on some planet, finding the gate then get back on the Destiny. While someone died. (B plot Rush find the bridge but decide not to tell anybody)

But I can understand how someone could like the episode since there was a lot of character interactions. A lot of emotions. Personally, even my drama (mostly movies), I prefer for them to have more solid dialogues. More significance. Sometimes I'm shaken after having watch some particularly gripping drama. I've got none of that here.

Even an episode like Peter on Fringe last year. Yes it was dramatic but at the same time there was this great plot (a bit too long to resume here) involving interaction between 2 parallel universe.

I understand what the SGU writers are trying to do. Simple story (read plots) with a lot of emotions, character conflicts, people facing their death, desperation, drama. I think the writers must be very happy with the result of this episode imo.

Personally, I don't like the idea to begin with since I'm more plot oriented. And I just find the result in this episodes to be dreadfully boring. I'm sure some other people got other opinions. Just give my honest one here.

Not that I should have to point this out, but...

This show is not an anthology of one-off self-contained stories. It is a series.
                            Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              Oh please. Nothing is original. You could decry every aspect of every show on those grounds.

You're right, but still, it doesn't make that any less stupid and pointless.

You don't have to kill off characters people enjoy to pretend to be "gritty".

It makes it worse that they've killed one of the few comedic characters that are actually on the show. One of the biggest complaints about SGU was its lack of humour, and they've addressed that complaint by cutting off more sources where that humour could come from.
                              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                                Your right... RUN PARK! THEY'LL COME FOR YOU NEXT!
                                Now I realize why TJ is simply a medic and not a full M.D. yet.

She would have been killed off already.

Comment

Working...
                                X