X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    that's up for debate.
    My point EXACTLY! We have no idea either way and thats half the fun!

/i do have to say that i got kind of nostalgic at the sight of a buried stargate

Comment

That episode was a complete borefest to me. Even compared to other TV shows actually on TV. I was looking at my watch hoping for the show to end so I wouldn't miss part of the overall story as rapidly as possible. This is the type of episode that I can safely say that I will probably never watch again.

Beside the fact that there was almost no plot or peripety. It's like a boring version of Water and Darkness put together. People facing death check. Someone stuck in a hole, check.

Otherwise, there was nothing very wrong with the episode. They fly down the planet, somebody is stuck, die and they get back to the Destiny. I hope they found some fruits.

Empty planets ain't my cup of tea.

I give it a 3/10.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
        /i do have to say that i got kind of nostalgic at the sight of a buried stargate
        and how lucky it was standing up.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

and how lucky it was standing up.
          It wasn't standing up
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Good thing it's built in that sturdy platform.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            It wasn't standing up
            It was standing up. It's built inside the platform. They couldn't possibly have stood it up by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              T
              young's starting to crack.

rush broke the code.

riley died.

TJ and young had a moment.

plenty happen in this ep

Comment

It wasn't standing up
                there's no way they could lift. it (granted i was watching something else on off. i might have missed something.

it's in my dvr

Comment

I really love this show. But I have issue with a couple of storyline rushes(pardon the pun) in 'Aftermath'.
                  1. Um... Talford looked like he was gonna be a mole and then he wasn't. Could have been awesome.
                  2. Really boring recovery from the shuttle crash on the planet. It's as though the writers had the shuttle make a run just to write in a cool way to kill Riley. pff...
                  3. I'm totally cool with Rush and Young going insane but not sure how I feel about both at the same time.
                  4. Speaking of Rush and Young... what happened to the almost humanizing of Rush and the close encounter of composer for Young? Soooo close. And my issue with that is I personally love how close the SG teams become. They would die for eachother. No other show pulled that off the way the Stargate shows have. It was they're secret ingredient.
                  5. The dead or missing people popping up is wreaking a bit like 'Lost'. Love 'Lost' but that was 'Lost'. This is Stargate.

As an aside... I ponder the possibility of the lack of camaraderie being one of the reasons we lost Robert C. Hmmmm...

In short, I feel like I was just left dancing with myself with this epi. As in, not terrible but srsly not nearly as fun as it could have been.
                  "Specialization is for Insects" - Heinlein -

Comment

oh i've been meaning to ask, what do we think so far? was franklin in Rush's head or was that actually Franklin and Rush couldn't tell the difference? Rush did say that Franklin was much more helpful in technical matters.

Comment

there's no way they could lift. it (granted i was watching something else on off. i might have missed something.

it's in my dvr
                      Greer was stand on top in the beginning. It wasn't standing up at first
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Count it as a production error if it really was flat, but they couldn't have stood it up on their own.

Comment

Well this was one of the more impressive episodes in SGU's run so far, at least in my opinion. I'm of course sorry to see Riley go, but I thought his demise was handled well. If there's any criticism I could level it would be that the episode did telegraph the problems encountered well ahead of time.

For instance, when Rush was talking with his, uh, vision? I just had a feeling that somehow Franklin was involved, and then there is was. Later on when the Stargate was found to be "inoperative" I pretty well knew it was buried. Of course, seeing the gigantic pile of rubble leading up to that revelation was none-to-subtle either. The way Young handled Riley's situation I oddly didn't find to be cold or indicative of mental issues. He was doing the man a favor and respecting his final wises. If anything it made me feel a tad bit better about the Colonel.

Still, I'd rate this episode in the top 5 so far, at least in terms of those I liked. The character interaction didn't seem pointless or tacked on and Rush making a bee-line for the bridge (apparently atop the "pyramid" thing) certainly makes one wonder just how much he really does know. Well anyway I'm looking forward to next week's show already. Unlike some of you who know all the spoilers ahead of time I don't really read ahead so the new ship thing looks compelling, although obviously it wont get them home. Despite Syfy's preview implying that it might. Sigh, Syfy, why can't you just leave well enough alone.

Comment

Greer was stand on top in the beginning. It wasn't standing up at first
                            Yeah it was. He was standing on the top of it.
                            "Specialization is for Insects" - Heinlein -

Comment

Fairly decent episode, a step up from the last one. Before I get to discussing other matters, I'm gonna focus on Rush, since he had a large role in this ep.

I know some may think Rush crazy, and it's possible he is; the simple fact of the matter is, we don't know if he's talking to himself, or if somehow there are other forces at play. As he theorized, it could be the ship itself manifesting something, or alien presences (either Faith aliens or Franklin being ascended, etc.). Until we know for sure, it's hard to draw conclusions from his actions. We also know he's obviously suffering from lack of sleep, so I don't judge him too harshly.... yet.

I still dock him points for not telling the crew, but I understand his reasoning. He was quite correct that Young is losing it, and that it was Young's fault the LA took over. By keeping the bridge secret, if the LA take over again (or Young screws up again), Rush can maintain control of the ship from his secret bridge. From that point of view, it makes logical sense. So, in a sense, Young has to grow and overcome his problems, and prove he's a decent leader, and then Rush would trust him more. I don't entirely agree with Rush's actions, but I do understand the logical pathway that led him to make those.

Speaking of Young, I will give him some props for making the hard call with respect for Riley, and doing it himself. From one respect, I had an inkling someone was going to die or something, as SGU has a lot of characters and just gained a bunch more with the LA. That means they have to prune the cast. Still, he will be missed, and while there is always a possibility for him to come back (no one in sci-fi truly dies), it was an interesting way for him to go.

Now, onto the rest:

I do understand the problem of keeping prisoners(or even any additional people), and it could be argued the LA brought this on themselves. But I didn't expect them to toss all the LA people out the gate (well, except for the two or three they kept). And obviously, the LA people aren't telling everything they know about Destiny. They have to know where it's headed or what it was built for in order to risk a death sentence to get there. Those door openers they used last season had to come from somewhere Destiny-related in order to work on the doors. I'm very surprised no one said anything, especially when threatened with being stranded on the planet. This definitely better be something that comes up (the LA revealing the exact reason why), or I'm gonna consider it a wallbanger.

Hmm... what else... Not a whole lot else to say, except it is very clear that SGU isn't SG-1 nor SGA. SGU exists in it's own universe, no pun intended. What I mean is, the feel of it is neither classic SG-1 nor SGA. Considerably darker and more cynical, which means the idea of saving everyone is out. People are going to die, be sacrificed, and someone who tries to save everyone is an idiot. It's a cynical series.

Seems like the seeder ship is up next, and without a shuttle, I wonder how they will get over there to check it out, but I assume they will get access to another shuttle to replace the one they lost. Of course, if what I read is to be believed, Caine and the others will end up back on Destiny, so maybe their shuttle will be returned as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tielster View Post
                                Yeah it was. He was standing on the top of it.
                                So it would have to be move in some direction for them just to walk through to Destiny if he is on top of it
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X