Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what surprised me more, that Riley actually died or that they left most of the Lucians there. Good episode though..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      So it would have to be move in some direction for them just to walk through to Destiny if he is on top of it
      technically they could have just left it flat to get back to destiny depending which side was facing up. the only real reason it would need to be standing is for people from destiny to come to the planet.

/just sayin!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
        r that they left most of the Lucians there. Good episode though..
        waste on resources
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

So it would have to be move in some direction for them just to walk through to Destiny if he is on top of it
          I just meant that it was buried standing upright. They just blew the dirt away with the C4. I could totally be wrong. That's what it looked like. Regardless, the undirting of it was done without any of them breaking a sweat which was pretty lame.
          "Specialization is for Insects" - Heinlein -

Comment

Originally posted by Tielster View Post
            I just meant that it was buried standing upright. They just blew the dirt away with the C4. I could totally be wrong. That's what it looked like. Regardless, the undirting of it was done without any of them breaking a sweat which was pretty lame.
            your right on the gate being standing up./ as for undiging it they began to do it themselves and then used c4 to finsh it

Comment

Originally posted by Tielster View Post
              i thought i saw a couple of them exhausted and taking a break behind the gate, Eli and Greer specifically. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                i thought i saw a couple of them exhausted and taking a break behind the gate, Eli and Greer specifically. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
                your right. the crew stopped diging when eli was asking about riley

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  young's starting to crack.

rush broke the code.

riley died.

TJ and young had a moment.

plenty happen in this ep
                  Those are not plot. The real plot of the episode is about the crew crashing on some planet, finding the gate then get back on the Destiny. While someone died. (B plot Rush find the bridge but decide not to tell anybody)

But I can understand how someone could like the episode since there was a lot of character interactions. A lot of emotions. Personally, even my drama (mostly movies), I prefer for them to have more solid dialogues. More significance. Sometimes I'm shaken after having watch some particularly gripping drama. I've got none of that here.

Even an episode like Peter on Fringe last year. Yes it was dramatic but at the same time there was this great plot (a bit too long to resume here) involving interaction between 2 parallel universe.

I understand what the SGU writers are trying to do. Simple story (read plots) with a lot of emotions, character conflicts, people facing their death, desperation, drama. I think the writers must be very happy with the result of this episode imo.

Personally, I don't like the idea to begin with since I'm more plot oriented. And I just find the result in this episodes to be dreadfully boring. I'm sure some other people got other opinions. Just give my honest one here.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I gotta say this episode was awesome except for the whole Riley Dying Part. My jaw was on the floor. I liked Riley. Except he was very accident prone. Seems like Telford dying and then being broken free of the brainwashing as well as being shot and living hasn't humbled the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                      technically they could have just left it flat to get back to destiny depending which side was facing up. the only real reason it would need to be standing is for people from destiny to come to the planet.

/just sayin!
                      It that was the case they wouldn't have walked out of the gate like they did on Destiny
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The ramp was clearly intact beneath all the rock. The gate had to be upright the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          The ramp was clearly intact beneath all the rock. The gate had to be upright the entire time.
                          your not going to win. your right but once jels convinced of something you won't win.

Comment

It that was the case they wouldn't have walked out of the gate like they did on Destiny
                            of course, its not what happened but it was an example of a point. The point being that the stargate would in fact still work laying down and does not necessarily have to be standing up.

*shrugs*

Comment

the gate was standing the whole time, if it wasn't then explain how they got it standing

Comment

Gonna watch this episode now... wow i fell asleep but i cant go to school without watching it!!

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Working...
                                X