This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    well... i loved the space suits! but thats about it the episode! kinda rehash of air part 3, only being instead on a sand planet, they are on an ice planet, how creative. come on you can do better than that, tptb. I have to say so far my favorite charactes are;
    1. Greer
    2. Eli
    3. Rush
    4. Young

and i love them four equally, the rest i dont care about, oh i hate Scott, seriously i cannot stand his guy! hope next time will be better!
    So every time they go a planet seaching for something its going to be a rehash of Air III?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I remember in Air when they were searching the planet for the right mineral to fix the air system that when they wanted to test they had to go through a process which while fairly simple was time consuming and was realistic.

In water however when Young wanted to test some ice he put it in a cylinder which started glowing and immediately melted the ice, Young then had exact readings on the makeup of the water, this seemed unrealistic to me.

My question is what was the cylinder is it a real device that i have not seen before? is it something they found on destiny and i missed them mentioning it? or has it not been explained?
      sigpic

Comment

a pocket mass spectrometer

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          So every time they go a planet seaching for something its going to be a rehash of Air III?
          I tried not to think about that when watching this episode but it is a good point. I think there were enough different elements to make this episode different but I hope the exploration of each planet doesn't have the same vibe.

They need to explore the ship more. Find dangers right there to be dealt with. Right now, they all seem to be confined to one specific area which makes the ship seem very small.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            a pocket mass spectrometer
            If they exist on destiny then they may as well just issue them with a tricorder each. On a sidenote someone should invent a pocket mass spec, would be worth a lot.
            sigpic

Comment

eehhm. it had a small plasma torch or heat lamp or so, which melted the water rapidly. then, he took a color chart or something and compared and tadaa, he knew the makeup.

with all the pocket sensors etc, this is probably what scientists have developed for the SGC over the years.

we do not know what he EXACTLY compared, might be color or so, we do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                eehhm. it had a small plasma torch or heat lamp or so, which melted the water rapidly. then, he took a color chart or something and compared and tadaa, he knew the makeup.

with all the pocket sensors etc, this is probably what scientists have developed for the SGC over the years.

we do not know what he EXACTLY compared, might be color or so, we do not know.
                I just wondered if it was something i missed, i don't have a problem with stuff like this not being explained as it would be a very boring series if everything was, i just don't like missing stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  Lt. Scott still can't keep it in his pants (and turns his radio off, on duty no less).
                  Really? I didn’t even see his pants, but apparently you not only saw his pants, but much more too. Anyway, you must be able to see things that aren’t there on screen.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  More of the same offensive bashing, which I'm not going to quote.
                  I’m sorry to say this, or at least I probably should be, but I don’t understand why you keep coming back her to just bash Scott and Chloe to hell? You don’t even care about the development we’ve seen for Chloe and Scott, but still you keep coming here every episode to make crude comments about them and make stupid jokes. We've all heard it by now. There are elements you don't like, okay fine, but deal with it, and not like this.
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                    <snip> Scott and Chloe making out in a hall <snip>
                    Actually it was Chloe’s room, not the hallway.

[ETA/]

Originally posted by Landers
                    <snip>
                    But its best to knock off dead wood early in the season so as not to drag the show down, and I agree both Chloe and Lt. Scott haven't done much of anything and wouldn't be missed.
                    <snip>
                    I would miss them. Beside Chloe “having done much of anything”, is not really a great observation. We had a lot of story about Chloe, which indeed involved her feeling and being a bit useless in the workings of the Destiny or as having a function on board. However that’s just the point TPTB are making and one I find to be interesting and believable. At least it adds some reality to the show we never had before. However, I was very impressed how Chloe stood up to Rush, twice now. Also, Scott “having done much of anything” makes me wonder if you even saw him on screen. Like for example, you watched Air pt.3.? Big character development for Scott there, next to the fact that he was pretty much a solid hero there. Or what about him standing up to Senator Armstrong, Chloe’s dad, that was pretty impressive. Even so, you cannot expect him to be Young, Sheppard, O’Neill, Telford or… Icarus Base is his first SG assignment. Saying something like that is being very shortsighted at least.

[ETA2/]

Originally posted by prion
                    <snip>
                    4) and Lastly, how many people were yawning and going 'come on, colonel, tie the rope to the floating thing that can hall a ton of ice and then haul up Scott.
                    <snip>
                    Well, yeah, but the floating kino collection can only carry things not haul them. Young still would have need to push it.

Comment

It looked like it came with the suit. Didn't look like it was any technology they developed themselves so they probably found it along with the suits.

Comment

Probably my least favorite episode so far. Nowhere near as good as Darkness or Light- it lacked proper cool moments, and the plot was predictable as ever. That said, the character moments were good, but that didn't make the episode for me.

Still, it wasn't too bad. I guess every episode can't be fantastic.
                        Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          And where would htey have had the knife on that suit?
                          What difference should that make as to whether or not they brought a knife with them?

Plus taking your second in command while you as first in command go off planet is (well to me) a major no no.
                          I definitely agree and that is one of my major problems with Young...or well at least the writers as...they are implying that Young has poor leadership skills for the sake of the story. Guy may be willing to put himself in danger, but him dying is no benefit to those left behind. And the top two officers going out on the same dangerous mission...reckless. Coupled with the fact that he is still not fully recovered considering what they were doing was labor intensive.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Hey, is anyone else frustrated at the death rate in sgu. I mean 4 already, and I know of at least 2-3 that are two come. Plus I really liked gorman. I hated to see him die. Don't you think he could have gotten at least 1 more episode?

See!!!! I told you they would kill off redshirts too often!!!
                            Spoiler:
                            And who might these 2-3 be? Or is just more to come without names?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi442 View Post
                              Maybe for those with short attention spans. I read Mallozzi's rant on his blog, and he basically said that they're done with the wrap everything up in 45 minutes format. I personally like that.
                              Wow, thanks for alerting me that the rant existed. That was hilarious. I haven't seen a move like that since the Dixie Chicks attacking fans.

Loving the new direction of the franchise.

Comment

i was just thinking, heres a nominee for the darwin awards, yeh just waste your limited ammo shooting something that isnt solid or initially threatening

Comment

Working...
                                X