Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    I wonder if Telford is going to be on the ship next season? Will Kiva and co take him with them when they board Destiny. . . .

Bet he is. The LA is going to launch an incursion when the Tauri attack to get Telford/Rush back, and they are going to push him through the gate with them. The stones will be deactivated and boom there he is.

Our very own Doctor Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by kdalton View Post
      Bet he is. The LA is going to launch an incursion when the Tauri attack to get Telford/Rush back, and they are going to push him through the gate with them. The stones will be deactivated and boom there he is.

Our very own Doctor Smith.
      Wow a Lost in Space reference...nice

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Even if it can be shown he was brainwashed, he would still be canned from the military for giving away secrets..
        It's a whole other place out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
          No he wouldn't, he was brainwashed...outside of his control. They didn't can Teal'c when he was brain washed... and he almost killed all of SG1 and saved Apohis....why would they can Telford?
          While Teal'c worked for us, he was not oe of our military. Ergo our rules like violating the UCMJ would not have applied

Comment

I liked his speech about the morality of it all and I thought he made some good points. The fact that Earth is now a lot more powerful while the rest of the galaxy is not that much better off is a solid fact. Its actually one of the things I hoped would be covered in more detail throughout the Stargate franchise, and maybe now in SGU they will go into it a little bit. Lets face it, the rest of the galaxy is still in shambles and Earth needs to take some responsibility.

Despite all that, I don't think becoming a traitor to your own people is the answer. I mean this guy not only betrayed his country, but the entire planet. That takes the term treason to a whole new galactic level. If he had issues with the way things were being handled he should have approached it differently, instead of being a spy for an even shadier group of people, the Lucian Alliance. But then again, the story so far seems to indicate he was brainwashed so we'll have to see.
            sigpic

Comment

Here's a question: say David Telford is brainwashed and venting the atmosphere somehows eradicates it. If Telford went back to his own body would he still be brainwashed?

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                I liked his speech about the morality of it all and I thought he made some good points. The fact that Earth is now a lot more powerful while the rest of the galaxy is not that much better off is a solid fact. Its actually one of the things I hoped would be covered in more detail throughout the Stargate franchise, and maybe now in SGU they will go into it a little bit. Lets face it, the rest of the galaxy is still in shambles and Earth needs to take some responsibility.

Despite all that, I don't think becoming a traitor to your own people is the answer. I mean this guy not only betrayed his country, but the entire planet. That takes the term treason to a whole new galactic level. If he had issues with the way things were being handled he should have approached it differently, instead of being a spy for an even shadier group of people, the Lucian Alliance. But then again, the story so far seems to indicate he was brainwashed so we'll have to see.
                Earth doesn't owe the galaxy anything for dismantling the Go'uld Empire or the Ori. The Ori were the ones responsible for the religious crusade. Earth couldn't have known that making contact with an alien race would be like unleashing a Pandora's box. Earth has a finite amount of resources and they aren't going to dedicate resources to other planetary governments if the planetary governments just end up betraying them. A good counterexample is the episode Collateral Damage in SG1 season 9. They were a Asgard-protected colony that SGC could trust and the SGC was willing to aid them with hyperdrive research.

Although, the Lucian Alliance is in an understandable position. They are likely freaked out at the amount of technology earth has and if they know that other nations like Russia or China could become imperialist. There's no guarantee that China or Russia wouldn't use the advanced technology earth possesses to invade Lucian Alliance controlled planets. Earth ships move faster, hit harder, and endure more damage than anything the Lucian Alliance possesses. And there's no guarantee of numerical superiority. So the Lucian Alliance shouldn't be treated as a villain when trying to obtain technology from the Destiny.

Comment

Young may believe that Telford is brainwashed and part of his reason for ordering the evacuation may be to force Telford to undergo a near death experience. I think it would make for a good story if he can be freed from it. Telford would have to go through the process in seconds as he gets closer to passing out. Maybe they can stretch it out over a couple of minutes and show him reliving his life or maybe the writers will take the easy way out and have him wake up cured. We will have to wait and see how the story goes, but at first thought, but there doesn’t seem like there would be enough time before he passes out to dramatically convince the audience that he had relived his life and broken free from such powerful brainwashing; especially since it took Teal’c days to go through it. If it works, Stargate will have a quick and easy method to fix people - just suck the air out of a room slowly.

Spoiler:
                  If Telford isn’t brainwashed then they are probably planning to remove his character and have the LA kill him.

An interesting and far better twist imo would be that the evacuation works and the brainwashing is broken. When Telford returns to his own body he will regain his allegiance to Earth and want to make amends for what he did.

Anyone who has read any upcoming TV listings knows that LA will gate to Destiny in the next episode. Maybe they bring Telford’s body with them when they do so. Telford could then redeem himself by saving the ship. I don’t know if his character is planned for the next season or not but having him give his life to save the ship would be a good story resolution and satisfying tie up for the character. Or they may let him live and keep his character around.

Next episode is getting more interesting by the minute.

Comment

I agree. I've loved Telford from the get-go, even though he is an antagonist. I think it would add a great dynamic if the brainwashing was broken and he joined the crew, but I doubt he'll join them as that would comprimise Young's command. It would be nice to see Telford back as the "old Telford" Young refers to him as. Only a week till we find out!

-Bryan
                    sff-hub.blogspot.com

Comment

I think it would be braver for Telford to be a traitor and mean it. Having him brainwashed is a cop out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Here's a question: say David Telford is brainwashed and venting the atmosphere somehows eradicates it. If Telford went back to his own body would he still be brainwashed?
                        That be an interesting question. Heck we don't even know if the type of brainwashing he has been made to endure, is even breakable like what Teal'c had..

I think it would be braver for Telford to be a traitor and mean it. Having him brainwashed is a cop out.
                        That it would. If he stood up for his ideals and willingly took the punishment coming his way for it, it would imo go a long way to show he is trust worthy and worth Gen Oneill placing him in charge of the project..

Comment

That it would. If he stood up for his ideals and willingly took the punishment coming his way for it, it would imo go a long way to show he is trust worthy and worth Gen Oneill placing him in charge of the project..
                          Why would Jack put a known traitor and insider for the LA in charge of the Destiny? Jack may be somewhat forgiving at times, but he is far from being insane. And that would be the definition of insane.
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Don't forget that villages being supported by ghoulds were close to stargate and supplies by ghoulds, if any, were probably brought only for miners. ALL OTHER territories had to support them selfs(farming, fishing, hunting etc) even though ghoulds were in control.

So what changes once there're no ghoulds? They can't farm? They can't fish? Those skills weren't taken... All they need is local leaders to lead them. Leadership problem usually solves it self so what we did wrong than?

However once ghoulds been defeted they can start developing their technology, some preachers probably has a knowledge of Stargate which increases speed of technological development(also other problems like wars could come but lets leave this)
                            The cake is a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                              Why would Jack put a known traitor and insider for the LA in charge of the Destiny? Jack may be somewhat forgiving at times, but he is far from being insane. And that would be the definition of insane.
                              I'd be pretty happy if they discharged or even executed Telford and added Kiva as a long term cast. SGU is a drama show so lets create some drama and none of this goodie goodie happy ending nonsense.

Comment

While Teal'c worked for us, he was not oe of our military. Ergo our rules like violating the UCMJ would not have applied
                                Then explain why when SG1 had the arm bands and went off base to get steak and then go against direct orders and attack the ship aphois was building? They had zero consequences because they were under an alien influence, I guess being brainwashed by aliens doesn't count?

Comment

Working...
                                X