No announcement yet.

Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is under a mind control device that the LA have in their possession which Kiva told Rush they have when he was on the transport ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      why would someone like Telford turn against his own people? a military would never do that.
      Thats kind of naive. People turn traitor all the time for numerous reasons
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
        Cough.

Pegusus Galaxy , internal conflict and hordes of Wraith.

Which Earth woke up.

Maybe Telford had a point.
        I didn't deny that the man didn't have a point. I'm just torn between deciding if he's over idealistic or ignorant of the true nature of humanity. Humanity is 2 things:

1) Curious. Curiosity got the Stargate off the ground. Curiosity woke up the wraith. Curiosity also discovered the Asgard, Ancients and generally "life out there". Is Telford apologising for human nature in his spiel, too?

2)A social creature. Social creatures we may be, but it doesn't stop the man who "has" looking out for himself first and keeping it out of those who "have not". In this case, "the man who has" is Earth and the Earth-born, while everyone else is lumped together as the "have nots".

Cynical way to look at humanity? Yeah, sure. But Earth needs to deal with its own dictators, 3rd world poverty, rampant disease and famine first, before anyone can spend human resouces to fix the problems in TWO galaxies. Somehow, I don't think the IOA has that kind of budget.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          And being undercover with the LA for as long as he was, it wouldn't be implausible for him to change loyalties when being exposed to their ways. It happens.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            And being undercover with the LA for as long as he was, it wouldn't be implausible for him to change loyalties when being exposed to their ways. It happens.
            not like that. he wasnt friends with them, they didnt mind killing him. only thing that could make a military guy turn traitor is for a girl.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              People do yes, look at how Telford tried to justify it. Claiming that his own people the people of earth messed up the galaxy and the Lucian Alliance are the ones that are saving it....Telford knows for a fact that the Lucian Alliance is really just a group of cut throats, thieves, mercenaries and drug dealers. They have zero moral high ground over earth and there is zero justification for him to jump sides. He is career military on an assignment to infiltrate the LA to gain intel to help save lives. Do you honestly think he got there and after a while of selling drugs and robbing people he said..."you know what I like you guys a lot I think your my kind of people and all the bad in the galaxy is my planets fault, lets get it on and start pillaging more!!". No....you don't get picked for a mission like he was on without a great deal of pysch testing. They had the right man for the job. He was clearly brain washed and currently under mind control.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
                People do yes, look at how Telford tried to justify it. Claiming that his own people the people of earth messed up the galaxy and the Lucian Alliance are the ones that are saving it....Telford knows for a fact that the Lucian Alliance is really just a group of cut throats, thieves, mercenaries and drug dealers. They have zero moral high ground over earth and there is zero justification for him to jump sides. He is career military on an assignment to infiltrate the LA to gain intel to help save lives. Do you honestly think he got there and after a while of selling drugs and robbing people he said..."you know what I like you guys a lot I think your my kind of people and all the bad in the galaxy is my planets fault, lets get it on and start pillaging more!!". No....you don't get picked for a mission like he was on without a great deal of pysch testing. They had the right man for the job. He was clearly brain washed and currently under mind control.
                my thoughts exactly.
                sigpic

Comment

God i hate Telford hope he dies in the finale, glad he was revealed as a traitor
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    God i hate Telford hope he dies in the finale, glad he was revealed as a traitor
                    against his will
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

why would someone like Telford turn against his own people? a military would never do that.
                      Military personnel certainly do turn against their own people, sometimes for money or some other material gain but often simply because their beliefs change. Both military and intelligence people often get a big picture view of things that can change their views of the conflict at hand. It's simplistic to think that because Telford is military that he can't also be a traitor.
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Cuz noone in the US military has ever turned traitor amirite? LoL

Comment

No one in the military has ever become a traitor to a group of alien thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            Military personnel certainly do turn against their own people, sometimes for money or some other material gain but often simply because their beliefs change. Both military and intelligence people often get a big picture view of things that can change their views of the conflict at hand. It's simplistic to think that because Telford is military that he can't also be a traitor.
                            okay there was that army guy at Fort Hood who fired at soldiers, so i guess there are those. but Telford doesnt strike me as weak minded enough, and he had that cocky Top Gun attitude in the beginning that made me think he was patriotic.
                            sigpic

Comment

damn right!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, this is true. I, for one, cannot name any military person who has become a traitor to aliens at all let alone a group of alien thugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X