Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    See my reply to Jel, above.
    Would that be your reply which totally ignores the consequences of returning Telford to his body while it's in the possession of the LA?

Comment

Also its quite personal to youg he had his team of 35 people wiped out and his command at icarus destroyed Destroying a significant amount LA forces is going to save the lives or earth personnel in the long run.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Yes, obviously, but Young knows nothing about the new Icarus-type planet they've found so why would there be any sense of urgency requiring torture? If he wants to save Rush, all he has to do is switch off the stones. So why risk both Telford and Rush's lives by venting the atmosphere?
        If I was the interrogater I would think this group attacked us once, chances are they would try again. So we need information. We break the connection we lose that information and Telford
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
          Would that be your reply which totally ignores the consequences of returning Telford to his body while it's in the possession of the LA?
          So killing him (and Rush in the process) is a better option? Telford is a highly trained soldier with an undercover background. Unless he's brainwashed and taking him to the brink of death is going to "fix" him, Young is effectively playing chicken with him in the hope he'll crack first. Not a very lever ploy, IMO.
          sigpic

Comment

So killing him (and Rush in the process) is a better option? Telford is a highly trained soldier with an undercover background. Unless he's brainwashed and taking him to the brink of death is going to "fix" him, Young is effectively playing chicken with him in the hope he'll crack first. Not a very lever ploy, IMO.
            So you're much happier to just have the LA kill him instead? Probably after having extensively tortured him?

Comment

So you're much happier to just have the LA kill him instead? Probably after having extensively tortured him?
              No, of course not, but why would anyone assume that Rush couldn't tell them the location of the base and they could then go and save Telford?
              sigpic

Comment

No, of course not, but why would anyone assume that Rush couldn't tell them the location of the base and they could then go and save Telford?
                How would Rush have any idea where the base was? Do you think he got a guided tour where the LA gave him details of the local star system and showed him the gate coordinates for the planet he's on? The only way Rush would have an idea where he was would be if the LA actually told him and I can't really see them doing that can you? And even if he could what do you think the LA would be getting upto while an earth ship was on it's way to the base?

Comment

How would Rush have any idea where the base was? Do you think he got a guided tour where the LA gave him details of the local star system and showed him the gate coordinates for the planet he's on? The only way Rush would have an idea where he was would be if the LA actually told him and I can't really see them doing that can you? And even if he could what do you think the LA would be getting upto while an earth ship was on it's way to the base?
                  Why would Telford know? Just because he's an LA spy doesn't mean he would.

Comment

Rush is sitting in front of their computers! As for what the LA would do, I imagine it would be much the same as they're doing now.

I don't know what other course of action Young should take because it's not my area of expertise. My point is just that Young does not know about the Icarus-type planet and therefore the LA's plans to infiltrate Destiny, so I do not see why there would be any sense of urgency unless it's to save Rush, and there are safer ways (for Rush) of doing that than threatening to kill the person occupying his body.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      Why would Telford know? Just because he's an LA spy doesn't mean he would.
                      You're right, he might not. But given his ties with the LA he's a damn sight more likely to know than Rush is.

Comment

Rush is sitting in front of their computers! As for what the LA would do, I imagine it would be much the same as they're doing now.
                        Oh of course, because he's in front of a computer he must have full access to their entire system and they'll obviously be a text file somewhere where they've handily recorded the address details for the planet he's on. How silly of me to have not thought of that.

And as for the LA you don't think they'd be making a start of torturing Telford, or taking steps to reinforce their position?

I don't know what other course of action Young should take because it's not my area of expertise. My point is just that Young does not know about the Icarus-type planet and therefore the LA's plans to infiltrate Destiny, so I do not see why there would be any sense of urgency unless it's to save Rush, and there are safer ways (for Rush) of doing that than threatening to kill the person occupying his body.
                        The only realistic safer way to rescue Rush is to disconnect the stones, which leads back to the problem of handing Telford over to people who you know have no qualms about the use of torture or killing people when they've failed them.

Comment

The only realistic safer way to rescue Rush is to disconnect the stones, which leads back to the problem of handing Telford over to people who you know have no qualms about the use of torture or killing people when they've failed them.
                          I'm very tempted to mix things up by saying 'It's Telford, who cares' ... but I won't.

Comment

No, because I don't think Young was attempting to get the location of the base purely just to find out where some random LA base was. Apart from needing to find out how far the LA's infiltration of the SGC/Homeworld Security went and what their plans for the Destiny are/were I believe he was trying to save Telford by getting him to divulge where they'd taken Rush and Telford's body.
                            I got the impression the reason was because the base would have been a primary and important one so Earth could find and invade it and not to save Telford. The amount of time that has passed since Telford confessed has been minutes. I think once Telford confesses the air will be returned and and Earth alerted. They will have a spaceship prepped and ready to go. Once they determine the intel is accurate or inaccurate for that matter they should immediately interrupt the stones connections. To wait any longer would put Rush's life in too great of risk. Also, I don't see Young subjecting Telford to anymore torture, to do so would be pointless.

Comment

And what do you think the LA would do to Telford if his conciousness returned to his body while they were still in possession of it? Pat him on the back, tell him bad luck about being found out and send him on his way? Or torture him to find out what, if anything, he disclosed and then kill him? Are you happy to hand someone over to a group who you know have no qualms about using torture and don't take at all kindly to failure?
                              Better him than Rush. Telford made his bed now his is going to have to sleep in it.

Comment

Exactly, and I suspect that before being garroted he'd get a nice helping of torture to 'help' him tell them all about what he got upto after being compromised.

Yanking the stones should be a last resort, and not something they do before they've exhausted all avenues in attempting to locate Rush. To be honest if you want to try and be all morally superior with your anti-torture stance then you need to be consistent and not just put that to one side as soon as it's not us being responsible for the torture.
                                I hope you are kidding. Telford is a traitor we don't owe him any protection certainly not if it puts Rush's life at risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X