Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it really necessary to show James at the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that it wasn't necessary to show her crying but I'm glad they did. One thing that I like about SGU is that we see what happens to characters at the end of the day.

I mean lets just look at James current life on Destiny.
    1. Boyfriend dumps you without a word.
    2. Your commanders tech boy spies on you with a kino along with a soldier of a lower rank and just gets a 'boys will be boys' speach as a reprimand.
    3. Boyfriend is also your superior, your boyfriend's new girlfriend apparently is clueless to your past history and doesn't even bother to make sure your okay with it
    4. You like another guy but he doesn't like you back and may in fact be hitting on your friend, not to mention you also embarass yourself in front of all your supeirors, your old boyfriend, and the guy you like.
    5. You try to get everyone out of harms way in an alien attack only to get people killed or injured specifically because you ordered them to go down a hallway.
    6. You then risk your life to go save all of them and you don't even get a thank you.
    8. And (going by the scene that was cut according JM's blog) you ask your old boyfriend if he's okay after his new girlfriend gets captured by aliens and he uses his rank to tell you to buzz off.
    9. You then go back to your room to sleep only to realize that your once again all alone, billions of miles away from your family and your old boyfriend doesn't even care.

Yeah... I'd be bawling my eyes out a lot worse. And it wouldn't be in the privacy of my own room.

I mean do any of us really think that with all the stuff people on SG-1 and SGA went through that when they went to bed at night they weren't doing the same?
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
      I'd say that it wasn't necessary to show her crying but I'm glad they did. One thing that I like about SGU is that we see what happens to characters at the end of the day.

2. Your commanders tech boy spies on you with a kino along with a soldier of a lower rank and just gets a 'boys will be boys' speach as a reprimand.
      3. Boyfriend is also your superior, your boyfriend's new girlfriend apparently is clueless to your past history and doesn't even bother to make sure your okay with it
      4. You like another guy but he doesn't like you back and may in fact be hitting on your friend, not to mention you also embarass yourself in front of all your supeirors, your old boyfriend, and the guy you like.
      5. You try to get everyone out of harms way in an alien attack only to get people killed or injured specifically because you ordered them to go down a hallway.
      6. You then risk your life to go save all of them and you don't even get a thank you.
      8. And (going by the scene that was cut according JM's blog) you ask your old boyfriend if he's okay after his new girlfriend gets captured by aliens and he uses his rank to tell you to buzz off.
      9. You then go back to your room to sleep only to realize that your once again all alone, billions of miles away from your family and your old boyfriend doesn't even care.

Yeah... I'd be bawling my eyes out a lot worse. And it wouldn't be in the privacy of my own room.

I mean do any of us really think that with all the stuff people on SG-1 and SGA went through that when they went to bed at night they weren't doing the same?
      All excellent points. Nice job! Green for you.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

On top of that, the one guy whom she seems interested in, other than Scott, isn't looking and TJ may be trying to get it on with TJ.

Comment

No, because:
          1. At least they were in their own beds.
          b. They had nice, quality booze.
          III. SG1 and Atlantis required SG team members to be full-fledged Justice League members before being able to go off-world. All the screw-ups and weaklings ended up on Icarus Base.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            No, because:
            III. SG1 and Atlantis required SG team members to be full-fledged Justice League members before being able to go off-world. All the screw-ups and weaklings ended up on Icarus Base.
            Oh snap, that explains it! It's all becoming clear, I saw the sign, etc...
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
              On top of that, the one guy whom she seems interested in, other than Scott, isn't looking and TJ may be trying to get it on with TJ.
              Don't worry 'bout that. It's explained in another thread around here how he's gay.

Comment

i don't mind james, or anyone crying over another person, i just think james feeling anything for scott anymore is . get over the loser and move on!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  S
                  You said it yourself, she's a tough woman. Would you expect her to break down in front of Chloe and Scott after catching them together? I wouldn't...but in the privacy of her own room? Sure.
                  "Water" was weeks ago. Weeks. Why break down now?

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  SNo, but you're trivializing it as if that's the only problem she has in her life. Maybe it was a "straw that broke the camel's back" kind of thing? As I've said, she's been through a lot.
                  I'm not gonna make a bunch of assumptions just because it suits my side of the argument. All we know is that Scott treated her like manure.

Not a boyfriend. This was made clear in episode 1. Casual sex friend.

Really? You think that would make someone cry?

All of which happened weeks ago.

Again, this makes most normally wired people cry?

This one is valid.

... grasping ...

Yes. Clearly this would make someone cry!

Are you a tough soldier who's had years of training to make you be able to endure torture? "They didn't thank me for saving their lives!"?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i don't mind james, or anyone crying over another person, i just think james feeling anything for scott anymore is . get over the loser and move on!
                    Agreed. I can't believe just how quickly I grew to dislike the man. Though, he has a pretty face...

BTW, he has slightly longer hair now(make sense), and it makes him look younger, right? It's not just me, right? Especially from certain angles. Like, when they were in the stone room...

Comment

I understand why you like it. Here is why I can't. She is a member of elite military trained for combat situations. To take and receive fire not humans but aliens that burrow into your head, suck the life out of you with their palm, or god knows what else. She was carrying out a seemingly casual sexual relationship against regulations, with a superior that does her when on duty with all the romance a broom closet can muster. I also don't buy the fact that James ever has to go back to her room alone.

Why can't they do something different, why must she cry? Why couldn't they have had him be rude to her, and have her knock him on his ass and dare him to report it. Go ahead, report me candy ass. I would have stood up and applauded my tv.

But instead she is weepy because Joanie loves Chachi

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                        No, because:
                        1. What about season 1 Atlantis? They were in pretty much the same boat.
                        b. For Atlantis maybe, SG-1 had blue jello to drown their sorrows in.
                        III. Of course I forgot that SG1 and Atlantis are made up of the toughest and most emotionally stable people in the universe. They make vulcans look emotional. I mean look at Jack when his son died... oh wait. Well look at Daniel when he lost Sha're... oh wait. Um, look at Sam she was stuck in that nebula on Prometheus... no wait. What about when her dad died and she dumped her fiance... nope that won't work either.

SG-1 and Atlantis were lucky they all had credits that would roll right before they went home, SGU has to deal with the montage that only stops after it finds someone having an emotional breakdown.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                          I understand why you like it. Here is why I can't. She is a member of elite military trained for combat situations. To take and receive fire not humans but aliens that burrow into your head, suck the life out of you with their palm, or god knows what else. She was carrying out a seemingly casual sexual relationship against regulations, with a superior that does her when on duty with all the romance a broom closet can muster. I also don't buy the fact that James ever has to go back to her room alone.

Why can't they do something different, why must she cry? Why couldn't they have had him be rude to her, and have her knock him on his ass and dare him to report it. Go ahead, report me candy ass. I would have stood up and applauded my tv.

But instead she is weepy because Joanie loves Chachi
                          Exactly what I've been saying all along.

Heck, she could've had an adverse reaction. Like possibly sitting in her room brooding. Or throwing things. Or just showing signs of sadness. But crying because "Scott was mean to me" (and all of those things people have listed, none of which would ever make me cry. I'm a guy, but I'm gay and I'm told we're all sissies, just like women.)?!
                          Last edited by FallenAngelII; 04 April 2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

yes, she's lonely and who knows maybe she's next on the suicide train
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

1. What about season 1 Atlantis? They were in pretty much the same boat.
                              b. For Atlantis maybe, SG-1 had blue jello to drown their sorrows in.
                              III. Of course I forgot that SG1 and Atlantis are made up of the toughest and most emotionally stable people in the universe. They make vulcans look emotional. I mean look at Jack when his son died... oh wait. Well look at Daniel when he lost Sha're... oh wait. Um, look at Sam she was stuck in that nebula on Prometheus... no wait. What about when her dad died and she dumped her fiance... nope that won't work either.

SG-1 and Atlantis were lucky they all had credits that would roll right before they went home, SGU has to deal with the montage that only stops after it finds someone having an emotional breakdown.
                              1. Johnny Cash poster and a view to die for. Screw home, I'd fall asleep to the sound of the ocean any time.
                              b. Jack drank more beer than Homer Simpson. It's the main ingredient in his food, for cryin' out loud. Plus, you KNOW Daniel's a pothead. Just look at him.
                              III. And they were all okay within 5 minutes after that...They probably just have better shrinks. I mean, who'd take TJ seriously as a shrink anyway? She's BLONDE, for God's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                                Or just showing signs of sadness.
                                This is why I'm campaigning for the implementation of thought bubbles in TV shows. That or the Sims icon thingy that floats above their heads and tells you their mood.

Comment

Working...
                                X