No announcement yet.

Which side do you support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the Big Three... None of them. They're all selfish and out of control.

I'm on Team TJ!
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Rush knows that he cant run Destiny without the help of the military, Young knows that he cant run Destiny without the help of Rush, despite their mutual loathing they know that they must rely on each other. Wray is just a paper pushing rug muncher who's sticking her beak in where its not wanted or needed, she should be the first one blown out of an airlock or ground up and used as plant fertiliser.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
        Team Young....or Team Rush & Wray?
        I would vote for Rush.

Young is starting to piss me off : waste episode time with his personal problems with his wife. And then try to solve the Rush problem by leaving him behind on an alien planet. That was extremely low for my taste ...

Comment

Team young!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Team Young/military, easily. Rush and Wray are just crazy. Sure, Young has done his share of crap, including abandonment, etc, but I HATE it when people try to deceive and lie their way into things. I'll take Young's blunt honesty over the crap that Rush and Wray do.

Also, Young's main goal is to get everyone home. All the steps he takes are to do what he thinks is best for the crew to stay alive and get home, taking as few risks to human life as possible. The same can't be said for Rush at least.

And Wray I don't trust one bit because she is IOA scum and a politician. Nothing good has ever come of the IOA itself on Stargate. Yes, I loved Woolsey in Atlantis. But he seemed to have lost his IOA-scumminess- He still followed the rules mostly, but he was willing to make exceptions for the good of the people under his command, and I respect that immensely. It was a quality that Hammond showed, as did Carter somewhat in her brief stay on Atlantis.

If I had to pick between those two sides, as I said, I'd go with Young, no question. But as a previous poster said, I think a third party will step in and end up leading, whilst telling Team Wrush and Team Young to stop bickering like children... Probably Eli if I were to guess, as he has ties to both teams.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
              I would vote for Rush.

Young is starting to piss me off : waste episode time with his personal problems with his wife. And then try to solve the Rush problem by leaving him behind on an alien planet. That was extremely low for my taste ...
              You know, I thought the samething. Why would he do it, then I looked at this way. If somebody tried to frame me for murder, just so they could cast doubt among the crew about my leadership. Well honestly I don't know what I'd do. I kind almost looked at it as eye for an eye. Though Rush didn't leave Young for dead, he might as well have cause I don't think Rush is capable of being a true leader...then again he could surprise us haha. That was one way I looked at it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                See, I just don't get this argument. No, he did not choose to go to the alien ship to save Chloe. He used the stones to take over the body of an alien on the other ship so he could check if she was there, without ever being in any actual danger. He didn't go anywhere. He took zero risk.
                Unless the alien died on Destiny. He'd have died then, maybe (?). And don't think I do this to contradict you, Lahela, I merely point out the wonderful opportunities the stones can give us.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
                  Greer and TJ are the most rational of all of them, maybe Scott too.
                  I would go with a combo of them 2 leading.

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                  On Wray, I don't think she's a bad person. I liker her as a person, but I don't think she has command in her. I couldn't see her sacrificing people for the greater good of the ship very long without her having a breakdown. Rush would sacrifice everyone in a heartbeat. Young would sacrifice himself and as many as it would take if there was no other way. Wray would sacrifice herself but I can't see her ordering anyone (except Greer) to their certain death for very long. The burden of command is about more than making decisions, its about living with them.

I'm reminded of a line Robert E. Lee said in Gettysburg, something about how a good soldier is prepared to lose some people, but a good general must be prepared to lose everyone.
                  I don't see rush as being willing to sacrifice everyone, but just those who have little or no use. Though that is more than i see young being willing to do. So he does get points there.

I vote for whoever has the balls to tell Young, Rush and Wray to grow the hell up.
                  With the way things are going, i can honestly see eli getting to that point.
                  Heck it would make my day if he just 'blew up' on all three, telling them like it is and making them see their little school yard "whos got the bigger boner" antics are counter productive to all involved.

In Air he was going to sacrifice himself to close the shuttle's airlock. The senator just beat him to it/the others wouldn't let him.
                  In Light - again - he took himself out of the lottery so someone else could take his seat.
                  Even in Space he chose to go on the alien ship by himself to save Chloe.
                  In Justice he did everything by the book, even more so.
                  On the Air part, he did that cause he felt he would not live anyway, and a death that matters is more important than a senseless death.
                  On light, i believe he felt the leader should 'go down with the ship' aspect of all good leaders. So i give you points there.
                  Justice, in no way was by the book.
                  And space, was NOT young going over there to save chloe.

For those who think Young spying on everyone with the kinos is wrong, my opinion is that it's no worse than all of Rush's ulterior motives, deceitfulness and trying to start a mutiny (which he is, in my opinion), and if he weren't behaving that way, Young would likely not feel there was a reason to spy on everyone.
                  The big diff there is that rush's doing skulduggery stuff is not infringing on others, where as kinoscoping everyone out (even without their knowledge in some cases which imo makes it worse) is flat out wrong.

I kind almost looked at it as eye for an eye.
                  An eye for an Eye would have ment he framed Rush for something. Flat out stranding him to die is murder.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    On the Air part, he did that cause he felt he would not live anyway, and a death that matters is more important than a senseless death.
                    On light, i believe he felt the leader should 'go down with the ship' aspect of all good leaders. So i give you points there.
                    Justice, in no way was by the book.
                    And space, was NOT young going over there to save chloe.
                    - in Air TJ told him that he was going to be ok, the paralysis was temporary and he was already regaining movement - yet he still wanted to do it.
                    - in Justice he stepped down (which he didn't need to, ++ bonus points), and allowed his quarters to be searched (before there was any real evidence against him - and so the planted gun was found). At the beginning at the ep. he could have just made the whole investigation go away, Scot and the rest of the military actually insisted he do that. But still he wanted everything to be done right. He did all that was needed and beyond.
                    - in Space he went on the Alien ship with the communication stone. If he had been discovered and killed while he was connected he would have died. As I mentioned earlier - he didn't know their language, customs, didn't retain the memories of the host, was alone with no backup, and couldn't disconnect himself manually if something went wrong - the other with access to the stones had no idea what was going on, if he was in trouble or not - yet he still went after Chloe. He found Rush instead and saved him from the fish tank. If he had more time he would have gone after Chloe as well. He tried do go back but Rush had already killed the alien that would have acted as host.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    The big diff there is that rush's doing skulduggery stuff is not infringing on others, where as kinoscoping everyone out (even without their knowledge in some cases which imo makes it worse) is flat out wrong.
                    For all we know Eli is doing the spying on his own. We don't know what he's sharing with Young.
                    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I'm solidly on Team Rush, however that plays out. Like Rush, I'm in no hurry for them to go home, love science, Scotland, and double-dealing.

However, I would gladly teach Young how to darn socks properly (he was really making a hash of it during "Space"); a man needs his socks.
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Team young!!!
                        i'll join you
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                          I'm solidly on Team Rush, however that plays out. Like Rush, I'm in no hurry for them to go home, love science, Scotland, and double-dealing.

However, I would gladly teach Young how to darn socks properly (he was really making a hash of it during "Space"); a man needs his socks.
                          I bet Rush already knows how to darn socks.

Comment

Me too, Team Young.
                            SGU fangirl

Comment

Team Rush!

Comment

There should be a poll on this one. Team Rush, Team Young (boooooooo! boooooooo!) and Team Riley. Though, I suspect Team Riley would win.

Comment

Working...
                                X